Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Open Flash XDF's

Anyone have the off the shelf XDF's? Would like to play with porting some things over to my Cobb maps. @jpsimon

Thanks
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

All the official downloads should be available sometime later today for anyone to download. I don't have my laptop at work so I can't give you what I have, sorry.
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    All the official downloads should be available sometime later today for anyone to download. I don't have my laptop at work so I can't give you what I have, sorry.
    Copy that, i checked Vishnu site but the link is broken. I'll check back later.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It would be cool to be able to try this is in Access Tuner Race to see if there were tables found that Cobb doesn't currently utilize. Only time will tell.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by timtech Click here to enlarge
    It would be cool to be able to try this is in Access Tuner Race to see if there were tables found that Cobb doesn't currently utilize. Only time will tell.
    didn't they just basically rip off COBB's tables?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    didn't they just basically rip off COBB's tables?
    That was FUD that COBB was spreading. It's unlikely.

Besides it's not like tuning tables are magical sauce, everyone's going to have the same basic set of tables.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I'm guessing none of the OTS maps are sufficient to run as is in conjunction with a piggy (jb4)?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    That was FUD that COBB was spreading. It's unlikely.

Besides it's not like tuning tables are magical sauce, everyone's going to have the same basic set of tables.
    well they took someone's tables... they didnt just magically appear overnight.

i doubt shiv had them sitting around waiting for the perfect moment either, as they claimed.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZTZ1010 Click here to enlarge
    I'm guessing none of the OTS maps are sufficient to run as is in conjunction with a piggy (jb4)?
    Do some logs on their "back end flash" map and log via the JB4, and I can check the logs out to see if what they have done will jive well with the JB4.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The maps are posted. It will be interesting to see what:
    "By the looks it, some differences in software go a long way. We do indeed have access to a few more tables but I don't think they are responsible for the difference is drivability/performance." really is.

http://www.procedetuning.com/BMW/n54...s-3/index.html

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

the plot thickens
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    well they took someone's tables... they didnt just magically appear overnight.

i doubt shiv had them sitting around waiting for the perfect moment either, as they claimed.
    Alright man.
    Here's how it works:
    The ECU has a number of tables in it from the factory.

The team dumps the ECU file, figure out what the table boundaries are in data.
    Then they figure out what the data represents.
    Then they write a descriptor for it.

They can't 'steal someone's tables' because they're just describing what the ECU has -out of the box-.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Do some logs on their "back end flash" map and log via the JB4, and I can check the logs out to see if what they have done will jive well with the JB4.
    I don't have one in hand yet... Waiting until you get a chance to play with one or put together a map for your backend flash Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

well the scalar is probably taken from cobb. That is something added later as a table.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Alright man.
    Here's how it works:
    The ECU has a number of tables in it from the factory.

The team dumps the ECU file, figure out what the table boundaries are in data.
    Then they figure out what the data represents.
    Then they write a descriptor for it.

They can't 'steal someone's tables' because they're just describing what the ECU has -out of the box-.
    Really too lazy to go back and sift through the posts, but didn't robinhood allude to "hacking" other vendor(s') devices for his data? Then the rest of it came from shiv, who supposedly just had all of this laying around?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

of course is hacked. was developed way too fast. pretty obvious .
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

They hit 350/400 on 91 octane on a stock AT car with a just an off the shelf tune? Sorry but I call BS.

Unless I am mistaken a custom protune MT on 93 can't even hit that. Higher octane less loss to the wheels, custom tune...something is fishy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Shiv obviously had some table data laying around for his procedeflash stuff. My main issue is this talk around 'stealing' tables and 'stealing' flash processes.

COBB hacked the ECU, then made money off the hack.
    This other guy 'hacked' something, then made money off the hack.

Whats the difference? Both are IMHO $#@!ty business practices. I'd like to see this open and free for all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    They hit 350/400 on 91 octane on a stock AT car with a just an off the shelf tune? Sorry but I call BS.

Unless I am mistaken a custom protune MT on 93 can't even hit that. Higher octane less loss to the wheels, custom tune...something is fishy.
    that was a protune probably, not OTS. Full marketing going on of course. pretty understandable ...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Whats the difference? Both are IMHO $#@!ty business practices.
    Everyone is just ripping off BMW who licensed the DME from Siemens but some crooks are classier than others. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Everyone is just ripping off BMW who licensed the DME from Siemens but some crooks are classier than others. Click here to enlarge
    No honor among thieves....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by timtech Click here to enlarge
    The maps are posted. It will be interesting to see what:
    "By the looks it, some differences in software go a long way. We do indeed have access to a few more tables but I don't think they are responsible for the difference is drivability/performance." really is.

[/FONT][/COLOR]​http://www.procedetuning.com/BMW/n54...s-3/index.html
    OMFG I love this. I thought the "hidden tables" Cobb wouldn't let us have access to were the ones that will really make their flash shine? Now that it's released they actually turn out to be of no consequence?

WHY THE $#@! DO PEOPLE STILL LISTEN TO THIS GUY? THE GUY WILL LITERALLY SAY ANYTHING TO MAKE A SALE. THEN WHEN PEOPLE CALL HIM ON IT THEY ARE AUTOMATICALLY TROLLS OR HATERS.

Sorry for the caps lock but that honestly struck a nerve. After all the $#@! talking about freedom to these tables he admits they are pointless... Why does that even surprise me?
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    OMFG I love this. I thought the "hidden tables" Cobb wouldn't let us have access to were the ones that will really make their flash shine? Now that it's released they actually turn out to be of no consequence?

WHY THE $#@! DO PEOPLE STILL LISTEN TO THIS GUY? THE GUY WILL LITERALLY SAY ANYTHING TO MAKE A SALE. THEN WHEN PEOPLE CALL HIM ON IT THEY ARE AUTOMATICALLY TROLLS OR HATERS.

Sorry for the caps lock but that honestly struck a nerve. After all the $#@! talking about freedom to these tables he admits they are pointless... Why does that even surprise me?
    eh... well his whole spiel is that the "community" might find useful tables in the future.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

The whole point is for anyone to be able to poke through all the tables once everything is out in the open and help define things that may not have been defined yet. He never said he had secret hidden tables that would magically make the car perform better.

Here we have a much cheaper flashing solution with some free OTS maps, and people can do what they want with it. why get so angry? Either don't use his maps, make your own, or use a different product. it's literally insane to get so angry. The amount of anger that some of you people appear to have over the dumbest little things is hilarious. just chillll outtttttttt, don't break your keyboard

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge

Last edited by jpsimon; 07-17-2013 at 04:06 PM.
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Lol nobody is angry jpsimon, i respect you since we have been onboard for a long time and shared experiences , we still have the 335 and tried everything.
    the only thing that will make me buy this hacked flash is the post shift flatline but i doubt it will be figured out.
    Also the usual overpromising and putting other tunes down does not sit well with me considering the castrated maps from cobb were actually ported to this
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast