Close

Thread: Fuel pump

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fuel pump

My fuel pump is being replaced under warranty. Just took in my 07 335i with 41k on it and it's being fixed.

I'm wondering... why the EF is the fuel pump going out already??

It would explain why my check engine light came on a few weeks back. It went away, though.

Now, I wait 'til Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i like my fully pimped out monaco blue 2007 manual 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Fuel pump is known to fail constantly especially in the US because of high ethanol content in the fuel.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

I dont believe its the ethanol content, but thats a whole different discussion. Point being, he is right though, failing fuel pumps have plagued the N54 motors since they were first delivered to customers. Some people's last 40-50-60k no problems, others it a just a few hundred miles. You should feel a bit better performancce now that it gets replaced as well. Congrats on the car BTW, otheer than this issue, your gonna love it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

So no rhyme or reason to these failures?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

nope, people try to pinpoint it to a certain brand of gas and nothing is consistant, certain mods/mileage,, nothing. i bought my car w/48k miles, dealer says it was replaced @ 44k, i have been tuned and driving/pushing harder and harder for 30k miles now and sign of malfunction yet.. other cant go a week. something tells me its another part of the systme overstressing it, not just the pump

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    So I've had my car back now for a few days with a new fuel pump and must say, it feels faster than ever. I've let some fellow driver friends of mine take it for a spin and I the acceleration is a lot more pronounce.

Maybe it's all mental, but the far feels smoother and faster. One thing to note though, I've never met with my "service advisor" and they never told me precisely why they changed the fuel pump. They just did it, and didn't even bother to upsell anything.

Kinda strange for a dealership to not want to rip off a customer, but then again, my "service advisor" might be stationed in some other country. Or office. Or desk. Whatever. I got myself a new fuel pump, some new brakes and rotors, and an oil change. Now, I await an unforeseen problem in the future with regards to the fuel pump.

//excuse the ramble

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

well here in the US all owners got a letter stating the pump is covered under warranty for up to 10 years/100,000 miles. So if they see you are having a problem most good dealerships will replace it on the spot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah, this issue seems to be the funniest because you'd expect that there would be an aftermarket solution that will sell like hotcakes to all of us who want our cars to uhh... not give out randomly.

and the performance thing is true... got mine replace recently for the first time and there was a noticeable difference.
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

Previous:
    2007 e92 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah, this issue seems to be the funniest because you'd expect that there would be an aftermarket solution that will sell like hotcakes to all of us who want our cars to uhh... not give out randomly.

and the performance thing is true... got mine replace recently for the first time and there was a noticeable difference.
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

Previous:
    2007 e92 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alq80 Click here to enlarge
    ou'd expect that there would be an aftermarket solution that will sell like hotcakes to all of us who want our cars to uhh... not give out randomly.
    I have been thinking the same thing, surprised this has not happened yet considering the market is... well, all N54's.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I have been thinking the same thing, surprised this has not happened yet considering the market is... well, all N54's.
    On a side note, there's a city over here, Palo Alto, which is right next door to Stanford university, and everyone and there moms and dads have a bimmer.

Pretty annoying once I drive into that small town bc I feel like I'm just another bimmer. Bleh.... And it ain't "just another bimmer!"