Close

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    setup a bullrun type challenge and im sure we would both be more than willing to participate
    What is a bullrun type challenge?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well, i think we are only going to be on level playing field for a few more weeks as i have other things in the works as well to help the rest of the upped Turbo guys Click here to enlarge
    do tell....
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice stuff

i'm assuming you mistyped and meant the CHRA takes no water....not no oil?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    in time Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sniz Click here to enlarge
    nice stuff

i'm assuming you mistyped and meant the CHRA takes no water....not no oil?
    im a little confused, which post are you refering to, which #. i did a "find" search and found no results for "no oil"
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    ASR turbos vs. RB turbos would be epic gentlemen... if it is possible to set it up, I would highly encourage it.
    im loooking forward to it.. some day..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im loooking forward to it.. some day..
    me too, but the distance between us just seems to overshadow it. i dont plan on making a road trip up to ny/nj any time soon and i expect you do not plan on the same south trip to fla.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    me too, but the distance between us just seems to overshadow it. i dont plan on making a road trip up to ny/nj any time soon and i expect you do not plan on the same south trip to fla.
    And you guys call yourselves dedicated, psh.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Update guys!!!

Just got back from asr. Seems the issue i was having with high boost and misfires, wasn't a real misfire at all, it turned out to be the knock sensor. It would always happen at the same rpm, no matter 3rd 4th or 5th, and i have never got to 6th and 6xxx rpm... yet Click here to enlarge So we tried swapping the coils between my car and asr's 1. no fix, still the same issue. then we contacted shiv and he said someone in canada was having the same high boost misfire code and rasing the 'knock threshold' fixed it. so abid set that up in the UI and we went out for a run, my god did the car feel different. i was sitting passenger and reading off his laptop on the procede, it was hovering between 20 and 19 pounds throughout the revs and the afr looked great. I think im ready to dyno. what a relief man... not that the car is running better, but that the fix was software related and not new hardware i would need to buy, like the okada coils i was considering. so for whatever reason, my car at that 6xxx rpm was harmonically making the same noise, or more directly, the same frequency, that the knock sensor is supposed to pick up. thats why it would shut that cylinder off once thrown. the car thinked it was knocking when indeed it was just a lot more power and noise/harmonics is just the byproduct. again i look forward to dynoing soon, on pumpgas+meth at first, but still should be close to 500 wheel Click here to enlarge racegas will for-sure be over 530wheel, no doubt in my mind.

my next mod? stett oil cooler Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by oddjob2021; 03-18-2011 at 08:02 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Update guys!!!

Just got back from asr. Seems the issue i was having with high boost and misfires, wasn't a real misfire at all, it turned out to be the knock sensor. It would always happen at the same rpm, no matter 3rd 4th or 5th, and i have never got to 6th and 6xxx rpm... yet Click here to enlarge So we tried swapping the coils between my car and asr's 1. no fix, still the same issue. then we contacted shiv and he said someone in canada was having the same high boost misfire code and rasing the 'knock threshold' fixed it. so abid set that up in the UI and we went out for a run, my god did the car feel different. i was sitting passenger and reading off his laptop on the procede, it was hovering between 20 and 19 pounds throughout the revs and the afr looked great. I think im ready to dyno. what a relief man... not that the car is running better, but that the fix was software related and not new hardware i would need to buy, like the okada coils i was considering. so for whatever reason, my car at that 6xxx rpm was harmonically making the same noise, or more directly, the same frequency, that the knock sensor is supposed to pick up. thats why it would shut that cylinder off once thrown. the car thinked it was knocking when indeed it was just a lot more power and noise/harmonics is just the byproduct. again i look forward to dynoing soon, on pumpgas+meth at first, but still should be close to 500 wheel Click here to enlarge racegas will for-sure be over 530wheel, no doubt in my mind.

Ok, so the car thought it was knocking when it really wasn't? Interesting. What change was made, just moving the knock threshhold up?

Looking forward to your dyno numbers, we all are.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Update guys!!!

The knock threshold isn't something you can adjust with the piggyback. You can only apply more or less CPS offset in response to it. If the DME is falsely interpreting some harmonic as knock no amount of CPS offset will solve that. The DME will continue to reduce advance until the harmonic stops and if its not actual knock no timing reduction will reduce it. So you'll wind up with a CEL every time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok, so the car thought it was knocking when it really wasn't? Interesting. What change was made, just moving the knock threshhold up?

Looking forward to your dyno numbers, we all are.
    Exactly.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The knock threshold isn't something you can adjust with the piggyback. You can only apply more or less CPS offset in response to it. If the DME is falsely interpreting some harmonic as knock no amount of CPS offset will solve that. The DME will continue to reduce advance until the harmonic stops and if its not actual knock no timing reduction will reduce it. So you'll wind up with a CEL every time.
    Hey, you would know about it more first hand than I, thats for sure, but why would i make this up? I was told by abid who was discussing it with shiv, it's obviosuly something that can be done, why are you so certain it cannot? it's even been done in the past (recently i think) with a turbo upgrade kit (dont know the brand) in Canada running the procede.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey, you would know about it more first hand than I, thats for sure, but why would i make this up? I was told by abid who was discussing it with shiv, it's obviosuly something that can be done, why are you so certain it cannot? it's even been done in the past (recently i think) with a turbo upgrade kit (dont know the brand) in Canada running the procede.
    He's saying it is beyond the capability of piggybacks, I have no idea if that is the case but what else would explain your car running right now?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He's saying it is beyond the capability of piggybacks, I have no idea if that is the case but what else would explain your car running right now?
    even if that's the case, why is he so certain. just because he has his tune and another tune can do something doesnt mean that the first tune should claim that the other tune can not do that thing, i dont want to get into a tuner war, especially in my own thread.... anyway, my sentiments exactly, the car is running very well, and all via software, i wish i saw what exactly abid did in the procede UI, i was talking with other customers and talking cars, but i saw the end where he was adjusting basic user parameters like start boost, aggression level, etc.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    even if that's the case, why is he so certain.
    Likely because he has experience with it and knows the platform.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Put this thing on the dyno!
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    Put this thing on the dyno!
    its the weekend, but i will next week, that time in your sig is very intimidating Click here to enlarge i dont think i will beat your ET but your trap is beatable Click here to enlarge especially on MS 109. when if ever are you going upgraded turbos irishace? what power did you put down on the dyno to produce that slip? are you auto? and how early in the band do you shift? just curious. anyway yeah, im going to be detailing the car on monday and maybe after go dyno, or dyno tuesday. Or... would you rather i dyno with a buddy of mine who just got the new 5.0 Mustang? he actually just recently went to Steeda and got her tuned up (the car comes with a 91 octane map stock apparently) no other mods, but he plans on an intake and exhaust, nothing too dramatic. only reason i bring this up is i believe most of my baselines are out the window, i replaced my entire fuel system and spark/coils etc., even the dme and its programming. all with stock components but still, what do you guys think? im looking forward to feedback from the best of you.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    even if that's the case, why is he so certain. just because he has his tune and another tune can do something doesnt mean that the first tune should claim that the other tune can not do that thing, i dont want to get into a tuner war, especially in my own thread.... anyway, my sentiments exactly, the car is running very well, and all via software, i wish i saw what exactly abid did in the procede UI, i was talking with other customers and talking cars, but i saw the end where he was adjusting basic user parameters like start boost, aggression level, etc.
    I don't doubt you changed something and that something is helping as you say. Just pointing out what you say you changed doesn't sound very plausible to me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't doubt you changed something and that something is helping as you say. Just pointing out what you say you changed doesn't sound very plausible to me.
    hey, they could very well be tugging my chain, i know nothing compared to you about the ins and outs of tuning. but i heard it straight from the horse's mouth, and the same 'fix' was done on a car in Canada. if you say it's not plausible to be knock threshold what do you think was changed? thats a hard question because you were not involved, instead, what makes you say a piggy, of any make, can not possibly alter that 'variable'?
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, the Canadian car is owned by a BB member. So maybe Dzenno will chime in! Click here to enlarge

Without any data I can't offer advice to what your problem is/was. Maybe there was a sharp CPS transition in the software and the slew rate was left overly aggressive? Maybe just a bug in your mapping somewhere? Maybe the fix was a red herring and the problem will resurface later? Shrug.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Without any data I can't offer advice to what your problem is/was. Maybe there was a sharp CPS transition in the software and the slew rate was left overly aggressive? Maybe just a bug in your mapping somewhere? Maybe the fix was a red herring and the problem will resurface later? Shrug.
    I know you cannot answer why, you were not there.. i changed the question with 'instead', and asked.. what makes you say a piggy is not capable of changing the knock threshold variable? i believe that is a valid question to ask given the recent posts.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Because to do that you would need to intercept and replicate the knock sensor wires and the PROcede does not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Because to do that you would need to intercept and replicate the knock sensor wires and the PROcede does not.
    This is just a guess but doesn't the CPS offsetting have an effect on the knock control? So would it be crazy to think that is what caused the problems in the first place? If the Procede does not interface with the knock signal then the only other way to affect it would be CPS offsetting which likely had to be tweaked. Just a guess based on the developments as of late.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oddjob-- I got word from Abid this morning that everything was sorted out. Great goods! Get that thing on a dyno ASAP Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Oddjob-- I got word from Abid this morning that everything was sorted out. Great goods! Get that thing on a dyno ASAP Click here to enlarge
    Would you please inform us as to what Oddjob had to change in order to sort everything?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast