Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 42 of 42
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,853
    Rep Points
    31,579.6
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlownE92M3 Click here to enlarge
    Honestly no idea. We couldn't get actual flow numbers from ESS. We were just told that they are different but et wouldn't need them.
    Shouldn't they know their injectors a bit better than saying 6 psi would be the limit?

    Do you know what % they're at?

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,199
    Rep Points
    1,800.3
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    You can probably just Google & find out what Bosch injectors come with the higher ESS s/c kits & buy them directly.

    I noticed in the video you had ice bags packed on the blower & manifold, I hope you weren't using the dyno pulls under those super optimal conditions to log the car & determine it's running perfectly.


    ON a side note, it's great to hear that someone is finally looking to upgrade the air/water intercooling capabilities, especially with a nice feature like the ice tank to keep IATs down real low. It's something that's really been lacking, especially when you look at Weistec (who sells a trunk mounted ice tank for everyone one of their s/c platforms).
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    213
    Rep Points
    411.7
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Shouldn't they know their injectors a bit better than saying 6 psi would be the limit?

    Do you know what % they're at?
    They wouldn't give us the info. I'm sure they know exactly what they flow.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    You can probably just Google & find out what Bosch injectors come with the higher ESS s/c kits & buy them directly.

    I noticed in the video you had ice bags packed on the blower & manifold, I hope you weren't using the dyno pulls under those super optimal conditions to log the car & determine it's running perfectly.


    ON a side note, it's great to hear that someone is finally looking to upgrade the air/water intercooling capabilities, especially with a nice feature like the ice tank to keep IATs down real low. It's something that's really been lacking, especially when you look at Weistec (who sells a trunk mounted ice tank for everyone one of their s/c platforms).
    We used the ice because it was hot as balls outside 102* outside, and the shop was a damn sauna. The cars IATs at idle were 130-140, and a $#@!ty fan. She would have heat soaked mid run, so we decided to just toss a bag on the mani and half a bag on the compressor housing. This resulted in IAT's around 100-120ish IIRC during the pull. Yea, we were looking at what we could do to improve safety/power without touching boost/timing/fuel and the liquid to air IC setup that came with this kit is jimmyjuice to say the least. We are going to mount a 4 gallon tank in the trunk with a much better pump and we are looking at swapping the actual heat ex changer out for something that flows a bit better as well. This is the next step, as well as we are looking into a full E85 conversion also. Injector and pump shouldn't be hard to source and install, but rather the tune and finding someone who i would trust that would even be willing to jump on a E85 project is the issue. As of right now, I don't think anyone has ever done a full E85 setup on a supercharged M3, much less tune one as well.
    -08 E92 Brushed Steel DCT 613hp-
    -ESS/AR 700 - KW V3's - AR Design - Volk TE37 - Vorsteiner - Challenge-
    -2012 Brushed Red Aluminum GTR-
    - Jacks 3.8 w/ Jacks heads - Jacks Drag 800 w/ billet gears - AAM GT-900R - Swift - ADV.1 - Ecutek via Visconti -
    - 1060hp 852tq 32psi - 9.34 @150mph 7688ft DA - 185.5mph 1/2 mile 9240ft DA -
    http://www.jackstransmissions.com/
    http://store.vtune.us/
    http://www.revvolution.com/

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,853
    Rep Points
    31,579.6
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlownE92M3 Click here to enlarge
    As of right now, I don't think anyone has ever done a full E85 setup on a supercharged M3, much less tune one as well.
    Well... not so fast Click here to enlarge

    I will be running FTW Purple.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    213
    Rep Points
    411.7
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well... not so fast Click here to enlarge

    I will be running FTW Purple.
    Wait, you're running corn? Mind sharing some details of the fuel system and what you used to tune and who did the tune?!?!?!? (PM if needed) Would GREATLY appreciate it. Andrew and myself thought we would have to pioneer corn on this car, and honestly the headache ahead with tuning is daunting.
    -08 E92 Brushed Steel DCT 613hp-
    -ESS/AR 700 - KW V3's - AR Design - Volk TE37 - Vorsteiner - Challenge-
    -2012 Brushed Red Aluminum GTR-
    - Jacks 3.8 w/ Jacks heads - Jacks Drag 800 w/ billet gears - AAM GT-900R - Swift - ADV.1 - Ecutek via Visconti -
    - 1060hp 852tq 32psi - 9.34 @150mph 7688ft DA - 185.5mph 1/2 mile 9240ft DA -
    http://www.jackstransmissions.com/
    http://store.vtune.us/
    http://www.revvolution.com/

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Points
    2,017.3
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well... not so fast Click here to enlarge

    I will be running FTW Purple.
    Does their fuel really smell like grape soda? If so, that's awesome. Click here to enlarge


    Fuel Name Purple
    Color Purple
    Scent Grape Soda
    Type Ethanol / Leaded
    M.O.N. 113
    R.O.N. 119
    R+M/2 116
    o2 Content (By Weight) 31.6%
    Dissolved o2 Content 7.37 mg/L
    Specific Gravity .819

    edit - i am nearly certain it's a joke - considering their FTW Red smells like "Snozberries"
    Last edited by inlineS54B32; 07-16-2013 at 11:05 PM. Reason: gullible

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,853
    Rep Points
    31,579.6
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlownE92M3 Click here to enlarge
    Wait, you're running corn? Mind sharing some details of the fuel system and what you used to tune and who did the tune?!?!?!? (PM if needed) Would GREATLY appreciate it. Andrew and myself thought we would have to pioneer corn on this car, and honestly the headache ahead with tuning is daunting.
    Gintani is doing all my work.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,199
    Rep Points
    1,800.3
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlownE92M3 Click here to enlarge
    Yea, we were looking at what we could do to improve safety/power without touching boost/timing/fuel and the liquid to air IC setup that came with this kit is jimmyjuice to say the least. We are going to mount a 4 gallon tank in the trunk with a much better pump and we are looking at swapping the actual heat ex changer out for something that flows a bit better as well.
    Luckily you've already got all the speciality bits specific to the M3 (manifold & supercharger bracket), so upgrading your heat exchanger, pumps & hoses shouldn't be difficult as long as you "measure twice and cut once" with the various measurements & mounting locations.


    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlownE92M3
    This is the next step, as well as we are looking into a full E85 conversion also. Injector and pump shouldn't be hard to source and install, but rather the tune and finding someone who i would trust that would even be willing to jump on a E85 project is the issue. As of right now, I don't think anyone has ever done a full E85 setup on a supercharged M3, much less tune one as well.
    I know that @BrenM3 was experimenting with E85 on his supercharged M3, since he personally tuned it so you could ask him (especially since he's got a similar setup with an ESS kit + custom software). Off the top of my mind, I'm sure there's a ton of BMW specific & high level tuners (like Garth @undercover ) who could tune/offer lots of useful information.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,853
    Rep Points
    31,579.6
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    I know that @BrenM3 was experimenting with E85 on his supercharged M3, since he personally tuned it so you could ask him (especially since he's got a similar setup with an ESS kit + custom software). Off the top of my mind, I'm sure there's a ton of BMW specific & high level tuners (like Garth @undercover ) who could tune/offer lots of useful information.
    Duh of course good suggestion @BrenM3 has run E85.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    213
    Rep Points
    411.7
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Paging @BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    -08 E92 Brushed Steel DCT 613hp-
    -ESS/AR 700 - KW V3's - AR Design - Volk TE37 - Vorsteiner - Challenge-
    -2012 Brushed Red Aluminum GTR-
    - Jacks 3.8 w/ Jacks heads - Jacks Drag 800 w/ billet gears - AAM GT-900R - Swift - ADV.1 - Ecutek via Visconti -
    - 1060hp 852tq 32psi - 9.34 @150mph 7688ft DA - 185.5mph 1/2 mile 9240ft DA -
    http://www.jackstransmissions.com/
    http://store.vtune.us/
    http://www.revvolution.com/

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    213
    Rep Points
    411.7
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    About to go do a few 40-140 pulls and log data. Will post up after I get back and get it uploaded to PC.
    -08 E92 Brushed Steel DCT 613hp-
    -ESS/AR 700 - KW V3's - AR Design - Volk TE37 - Vorsteiner - Challenge-
    -2012 Brushed Red Aluminum GTR-
    - Jacks 3.8 w/ Jacks heads - Jacks Drag 800 w/ billet gears - AAM GT-900R - Swift - ADV.1 - Ecutek via Visconti -
    - 1060hp 852tq 32psi - 9.34 @150mph 7688ft DA - 185.5mph 1/2 mile 9240ft DA -
    http://www.jackstransmissions.com/
    http://store.vtune.us/
    http://www.revvolution.com/

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    177
    Rep Points
    213.5
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Shouldn't they know their injectors a bit better than saying 6 psi would be the limit?

    Do you know what % they're at?
    Yeah but at high altitude the demand for fuel is less. I think the whole injector thing is dodge though.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    979
    Rep Points
    2,200.8
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Holy Iats ! Wonder if you can get a bigger reservoir?

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    213
    Rep Points
    411.7
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    Holy Iats ! Wonder if you can get a bigger reservoir?
    That's next on the list. 4 gal in tank reservoir with better pump and larger/more efficient heat exchanger. Following that will be an E85 fuel setup and tune!
    -08 E92 Brushed Steel DCT 613hp-
    -ESS/AR 700 - KW V3's - AR Design - Volk TE37 - Vorsteiner - Challenge-
    -2012 Brushed Red Aluminum GTR-
    - Jacks 3.8 w/ Jacks heads - Jacks Drag 800 w/ billet gears - AAM GT-900R - Swift - ADV.1 - Ecutek via Visconti -
    - 1060hp 852tq 32psi - 9.34 @150mph 7688ft DA - 185.5mph 1/2 mile 9240ft DA -
    http://www.jackstransmissions.com/
    http://store.vtune.us/
    http://www.revvolution.com/

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    979
    Rep Points
    2,200.8
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlownE92M3 Click here to enlarge
    That's next on the list. 4 gal in tank reservoir with better pump and larger/more efficient heat exchanger. Following that will be an E85 fuel setup and tune!
    Yeah I was talking to Andrew about it yesterday. You have the car in good hands buddy. Good luck with your future modifications Click here to enlarge

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    how are you logging? Im using the bmwlogger software. its easy and cheap Click here to enlarge

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,225
    Rep Points
    6,760.8
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    68


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    how are you logging? Im using the bmwlogger software. its easy and cheap Click here to enlarge
    Welcome back man!
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •