Close

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    so come down tomorrow and give me a "run for my money" Click here to enlarge
    Where are you going to be?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky check your email. Click here to enlarge
    @Terry@BMS hey Terry I'm back, replied.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    @Terry@BMS hey Terry I'm back, replied.
    Did you get an Autro reply back LOL!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    Where are you going to be?
    where the big dogs play!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    I really have to say this is the most intelligent car forum I've ever been a member of. I know Sticky seeks world domination, but the group of people we have here get $#@! done.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    It is by FAR filled with the most intelligent car people I have ever seen on one forum.
    Stop it you two, I'm blushing.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    where the big dogs play!
    Hmmm, I have been wanting to go... Probably can't get there on a weeknight, though. I'm down for a T&T Sat/Sun, though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There's always 295 LOL.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So I've found with the OEM solenoid in place even at close to 100% duty we're not able to get boost over 19-20psi. This is because the OEM solenoid is not bleeding off enough pressure from the reference line to allow the normal 2x the wastegate spring range. On the dyno I added a bleeder tee after the solenoid to rescale the range. But thinking about the issue again with a clear head a better solution is to add a restrictor pill to the solenoid reference. Limiting the volume of air in as to not saturate the solenoid.

It turns out NOS nitrous pills fit nicely in to the solenoid inlet. You just need to file them down a bit as shown. I'll have to experiment a bit to find the right size. I'll start with a .073 pill but I suspect .055 is probably closer to what I'll wind up with. Will update the thread after testing. :burnrubber:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 11-25-2013 at 05:59 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Now that terry got ahold of a single tubo setup makes it look way more enticing to upgrade to! U are like a mad scientist with this stuff

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So I've found with the OEM solenoid in place even at close to 100% duty we're not able to get boost over 19-20psi. This is becuase the OEM solenoid is not bleeding off enough pressure from the reference line to allow the normal 2x the wastegate spring range. On the dyno I added a bleeder tee after the solenoid to rescale the range. But thinking about the issue again with a clear head a better solution is to add a restrictor pill to the solenoid reference. Limiting the volume of air in as to not saturate the solenoid.

It turns out NOS nitrous pills fit nicely in to the solenoid inlet. You just need to file them down a bit as shown. I'll have to experiment a bit to find the right size. I'll start with a .073 pill but I suspect .055 is probably closer to what I'll wind up with. Will update the thread after testing. :burnrubber:
    This is exactly what I did with the stage 2's running boost actuated gates. It worked to a point. It gave me about 4-5 psi more boost. BUT I was running a super weak spring it was starting to crack at 8 psi and fully open by 11. even with the lines fully disconnected meaning no boost referencing to the pots, they would blow open at around 22-23 psi, so the restricter pill could only do so much. A restricter pill is very common and even OEM's include then in many turbo charged cars, STI, etc. This will work, I actually made a post about it 3-4 weeks ago (below) when I was testing the boost gates. I just used mini set screws we keep in stock that cost like .03 cents and used machinist drills to get exactly the hole I needed and inserted it into the hose.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Update:

More problems with the car, me and Dzenno were experimenting with boost activated gates on this set of turbos just to see how they would do, and it looks like we went with too soft a spring. We can only get the car to make 14.5 lbs of boost, I pulled the hoses off the gates and did a pull and had to lift around 3500 cause it was already over 22 psi. Basically the spring is too soft so the solenoids can only do so much to keep them closed, it was a failed experiment and now I have to go back down there and swap them out for vacuum gates. This means, I will not be able to bring the car to shift sector as there is no way I can get it done and tune in time. The turbos are running flawlessly, we just tried to do too many things in too little time. It happens. Car will be fixed and back on the dyno next week. The numbers we did get were very promising though. 421 / 429 at 14.5 psi, and very low acn 91 timing, soon as we get the gates swapped, we will go at it again.
    Here is the post where I talk about it, and Josh boody knew it needed a restricter as well.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    Keep the data coming Tony, good stuff!

I don't think the issue is the spring, but the solenoids are not bleeding enough pressure at the stock frequency.

Edit: have you tested the solenoids... see what you get pressure in vs out at x% DC.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This is what makes me wonder WTF vishnu has been doing this whole time with their single kits :/
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    This is exactly what I did with the stage 2's running boost actuated gates. It worked to a point. It gave me about 4-5 psi more boost. BUT I was running a super weak spring it was starting to crack at 8 psi and fully open by 11. even with the lines fully disconnected meaning no boost referencing to the pots, they would blow open at around 22-23 psi, so the restricter pill could only do so much. A restricter pill is very common and even OEM's include then in many turbo charged cars, STI, etc. This will work, I actually made a post about it 3-4 weeks ago (below) when I was testing the boost gates. I just used mini set screws we keep in stock that cost like .03 cents and used machinist drills to get exactly the hole I needed and inserted it into the hose.
    What size did you go with? Just tried a 73 jet and it made no difference, then a 55 jet and it seemed to help a bit. But not much. The 55 already looks pretty small to me. Next size down I have handy is something like a 33. I'll grind it down and try it tomorrow.

PS. For those running the JB4 with their ST I'm also working on a JB4 ST specific firmware. Map 1 is 15psi, map 2 17psi, map 7 22psi, will have ST specific dutycycle curves, etc. Good stuff. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Was recently beginning to consider a single turbo..Terry's mad science and FFtec's awesome fab work make it pretty tempting. Waiting to see what the 135 does with the smaller turbo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What size did you go with? Just tried a 73 jet and it made no difference, then a 55 jet and it seemed to help a bit. But not much. The 55 already looks pretty small to me. Next size down I have handy is something like a 33. I'll grind it down and try it tomorrow.

PS. For those running the JB4 with their ST I'm also working on a JB4 ST specific firmware. Map 1 is 15psi, map 2 17psi, map 7 22psi, will have ST specific dutycycle curves, etc. Good stuff. Click here to enlarge
    the firmware gonna work with the oem boost solenoid?

is it gonna work with the g5 board, or new board for it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    This is what makes me wonder WTF vishnu has been doing this whole time with their single kits :/
    I'm pretty sure Vishnu has abandoned any further serious N54 development. All I see them talking about now is the BRZ/GT86.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    I'm pretty sure Vishnu has abandoned any further serious N54 development. All I see them talking about now is the BRZ/GT86.
    Good thing I dumped that Procede last week.... what a waste of money.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Awesome Terry! I will be ready in hopefully 2-3 weeks!
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Terry pretty sure the one I ended up sticking with was a .40 drill so pretty much in the middle of where you are. .73 is too big. You really need to drop the volume down to keep from overwhelming that solenoid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Seriously? Are you talking about that Scion/Subarau POS's running the N/A 2.0l 4 banger? What is there to tune? Are they coming out with a turbo kit for them? lol

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He's busy tuning electric superchargers for the BRZ. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That car is slower than a Model T...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He's busy tuning electric superchargers for the BRZ. Click here to enlarge
    I hope that's a joke. Those things don't work for $#@! LOL.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've been hearing that they will soon be making a turbo version and a SC version of those cars (depending on whether you go with the Scooby or Yoda). Not sure how reliable that info is, though. I would expect them to go with turbo on both since they both run a Subaru engine. I imagine Vishnu is anticipating that since they seem geared toward turbo vehicles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    I hope that's a joke. Those things don't work for $#@! LOL.
    lol they posted a dyno showing a 20-30hp gain, but, at $1600 or whatever the kit costs, I'd ghetto fab a muffler turbo. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Only 1600? That a deal!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast