Close

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    I know it's not "apples to apples" since I have a much smaller turbo than you; but I currently have the JB4 running boost at 24 psi (~2 psi higher than my 570 whp dyno). I made a slight change to the way I had the boost solenoid connected and boost sticks to target like white on rice. Currently running 27.5.
    Sweet what is the change?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by WDBi Click here to enlarge
    auto being built?
    Eventually but it's up there just for 135i fitment testing. Then it will come back down so I can tune it and finish off the trans. The spare motor is still over at LTBMW's machine shop getting VAC piston/rod treatment.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    I could imagine seeing funny things at part throttle I guess but realistically speaking I'm not sure they will crop up. John's been driving his car daily, highway/street/part throttle/WOT/stop-go traffic since Saturday and no issues or codes have come up yet. We'll see though if anything comes up.
    5 months or so now i havent had any partial throttle issues since day one. even before it was tuned it was fine
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Sweet what is the change?
    I simply added a "T" fitting to bleed out a little more of the boost signal before the solenoid. It just makes for less pressure lifting the wastegate open. I think you may have actually suggested it at some point. Probably has the same effect as adding duty cycle.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    5 months or so now i havent had any partial throttle issues since day one. even before it was tuned it was fine
    Same with John's car. Good news!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I simply added a "T" fitting to bleed out a little more of the boost signal before the solenoid. It just makes for less pressure lifting the wastegate open. I think you may have actually suggested it at some point. Probably has the same effect as adding duty cycle.
    well played

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ah, yes. I'm going to test moving the boost reference to the manifold rather than the compressor for kicks. I can think of a few advantages and a few drawbacks to the change so want to flush those out.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    OMG YES! This is so exciting dude
    Click here to enlarge
    08 335XI AT - 11.762 @ 118.40 (WRECKED)
    09 335i xDrive AT - STOCK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Haha well, I think I will, but short term I want to get a nice stable single turbo tune going for our customers. I'll probably dyno this one @ 18psi soon just to see where it stands in street mode.
    Will you be doing this on just 91 please? Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Decided to jump on the dyno today just to see where it stands on pump gas and get my feet wet with it. For those that may have missed it we're using a FFTEC 6466 kit.

I ran it at ~19.5psi with a pump gas flash I've been street tuning and it did pretty well. The car has 3.46 gears so these runs were done in 5th gear as 4th was just too short of a pull to see what was going on with the tuning. The car has midcats in place currently.

Overall, not a bad starting point. Next up we'll be reworking the exhaust a bit and raising the boost/advance for some E85 tuning. Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Decided to jump on the dyno today just to see where it stands on pump gas and get my feet wet with it. For those that may have missed it we're using a FFTEC 6466 kit.

I ran it at ~19.5psi with a pump gas flash I've been street tuning and it did pretty well. The car has 3.46 gears so these runs were done in 5th gear as 4th was just too short of a pull to see what was going on with the tuning. The car has midcats in place currently.

Overall, not a bad starting point. Next up we'll be reworking the exhaust a bit and raising the boost/advance for some E85 tuning. http://www.n54tech.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

This is spot on for the boost. i hit around 540-550 on the auto tranny at 6800 on 19-20psi congrats on the good start!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    25-27psi, some e85/race gas and or meth and you should be high 600s to low 700s no problemo!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah that is the plan. I need to redo the exhaust too. It has factory midcats and I think one of them is starting to rattle a bit (e.g. may be partially clogged), so it's time to remove those. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Overall, not a bad starting point. Next up we'll be reworking the exhaust a bit and raising the boost/advance for some E85 tuning. http://www.n54tech.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Very good Terry! Can you overlay some of your RB dynos? I know those are on meth/e85, but I'm interested in spool.

Qualitatively, how would you describe the response and "spool" on the street compared to stock?

Driving my friend's big turbo STi was horrid: ZERO response/tq even at WOT until 4500 then EVERYTHING. It felt like I wasn't on the gas at all until it hit.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Once it's setup properly we'll get in to comparisons. But, the 6466 is definitely a slower spool compared to say RB turbos. Then again, RB turbos are not going to make much more 440rw on pump gas. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Once it's setup properly we'll get in to comparisons. But, the 6466 is definitely a slower spool compared to say RB turbos. Then again, RB turbos are not going to make much more 440rw on pump gas. Click here to enlarge
    brake boosting equalizes that in roll races Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    good job terry Click here to enlarge

would like to see the 5858 turbo for the 135i compared to 6466, i think u will be near to 500rwhp at 5k rpm with the 5858

how long it's gonna take to post the 5858 dyno sheet (pump gas & race or meth)?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Nice T! Dan told me you were running, I knew it wouldn't take long for you to strap it on the dyno lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Since this is the appropriate thread, has anyone tried using a Boost Controller (like a GReddy Profec) on an N54 ST?
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what is the pump gas 6466 record?
    Turbo lag is the on ramp to the highway which is power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what is the pump gas 6466 record?
    vishnu 20-21 psi, 91 oct

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    .5-1.5 psi more than terry and 40whp?
    Turbo lag is the on ramp to the highway which is power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You know its Vishnupower!
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is Terrys' tune finalized at 19.5 psi on the dyno?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's pretty decent spool for that turbo on pump gas and low boost. It's really going to shine +30psi. That twin scroll kit is going to spool quite nicely if this is any indication. I'd say you'll prob pick up at least 400RPM spool.
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast