2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Vargas Stage 2 update DYNO/track Day

edited by request
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well that guy totally missed his shift. Well done! 480 on a mustang is easily 500+ on a DJ. Are there no TQ numbers?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No, like I said in the post. I wasn't even planning on dynoing that day. They wanted some more cars and my buddies supra was built there and makes gobs of power so they asked us to jump on. We didn't bother with the tq pickup since we were hurrying things.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also since tq is just a fucntion of hp and rpm you can do the math. Peak wheel torque hovers around 525 at 4200rpm

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just to confirm, that's 91 octane or 93 with a 50/50 e85 mix and NO meth right? Nice numbers IMO, fyi, I just fitted 275/35/18 BF Goodrich G-force drags...awesome tire! (in case you're looking) good looking car too...looks familiar...lol (same as mine)
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Just to confirm, that's 91 octane or 93 with a 50/50 e85 mix and NO meth right? Nice numbers IMO, fyi, I just fitted 275/35/18 BF Goodrich G-force drags...awesome tire! (in case you're looking) good looking car too...looks familiar...lol (same as mine)
    93 mixed 50/50 with e85

What wheels do you have those tires on? I have been looking around for something. Any rubbing issues?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very nice!

Neil

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what does a stock n54 make on that dyno? Almost 490whp on a typical reading mustang dyno is really awesome.
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by idriveslo Click here to enlarge
    VRSF 7" FMIC (crap don't buy I am looking to trade out)
    Could you please expand on the comment about the FMIC?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    what does a stock n54 make on that dyno? Almost 490whp on a typical reading mustang dyno is really awesome.
    It is the only place my car has ever dynod.
    They were as follows
    First time
    JB4 only 30%e85mix 386whp map 5
    second time
    added downpipes dyno in map 2 on only 93 octane 338whp Dyno again in map 4(stock map) 297whp which is spot on for stock map with downpipes
    Third time
    FBO as listed above 50% e85 483whp

So on this same dyno I have a 186WHP delta from my baseline of stock map+catlessdownpipes

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 2000max Click here to enlarge
    Could you please expand on the comment about the FMIC?
    too much pressure drop, heat soaks after 1 pull. My comment was a bit over the top it just doesn't perform as well as the data I have seen from the helix/ets units.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No rubbing issues, here are pics of the wheels I have (stock 18x8.5) and a pic from the rear (really does no justice, they look huge in person, friends said same thing) bottom pic is after I first got the car, I have since taken off front LP bracket, and installed black grille.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh, btw, I will be doing VTT S2B2, with thrust and billet GTX compressor wheel. I have the 7" ETS FMIC and on top of before and after turbo dynos will try to do a FMIC test as well, but pretty confident I bought the right one.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh, btw, I will be doing VTT S2B2, with thrust and billet GTX compressor wheel. I have the 7" ETS FMIC and on top of before and after turbo dynos will try to do a FMIC test as well, but pretty confident I bought the right one.
    ETS makes quality stuff you cannot go wrong there

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No rubbing issues, here are pics of the wheels I have (stock 18x8.5) and a pic from the rear (really does no justice, they look huge in person, friends said same thing) bottom pic is after I first got the car, I have since taken off front LP bracket, and installed black grille.
    Awesome! Ordering these asap then Click here to enlarge
    How are they in the rain?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haven't tested them too much in the rain, but no issues so far. I'll be honest, the extra rubber in the rear is quite noticeable. Don't expect to still have the on rails feeling, it took some getting use to the feel of these tires back there the first couple times I took the car out, but damn are they good drags...ran them at 16-17 psi. tirerack.com had them for $215 each! a steal!! (I recommend the TOYO proxes r888 if you want to keep exceptional handling and wet tire capability. they won't last long, but are a great tire. for the 1/4 mile it's a no brainer...the bf goodrich.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....TADR&tab=Sizes

Your numbers on that mustang dyno are really making me excited to get the turbos in. any plans on running meth?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haven't tested them too much in the rain, but no issues so far. I'll be honest, the extra rubber in the rear is quite noticeable. Don't expect to still have the on rails feeling, it took some getting use to the feel of these tires back there the first couple times I took the car out, but damn are they good drags...ran them at 16-17 psi. tirerack.com had them for $215 each! a steal!! (I recommend the TOYO proxes r888 if you want to keep exceptional handling and wet tire capability. they won't last long, but are a great tire. for the 1/4 mile it's a no brainer...the bf goodrich.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....TADR&tab=Sizes

Your numbers on that mustang dyno are really making me excited to get the turbos in. any plans on running meth?
    Yeah I know what you mean, soft sidewalls are great for going fast straight but that's it. I would love to try the nitto NT555R2 Extreme's they are a drag radial compound on a stiff sidewall. Though the smallest 18" size is 285/35/18 which is way to much for the stock wheel, so that will wait until I get a new set.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would expect to see higher trap speeds, ET is good though
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    I would expect to see higher trap speeds, ET is good though
    Yeah was a little disappointed withe the trap speeds. Not sure if it was due to it being relatively warm and very humid. Or me having to come out of the hole so slow at 2500rpm in second gear. I know generally speaking lowering your 60ft will result in lower et and trap speed. But on drag radials being able to come out harder in first gear should make a difference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Could I get an admin to move this to N54 tech section please.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Redacted

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol, yeah, a little OT, but it is your thread...from what I've seen at the track the nitto 555r's are not nearly as good of a drag as the bf goodrich. pretty much to beat the BFG, you would need to go to a mickey thompson or a hoosier, but they aren't made in smaller sizes. BFG G-force was only DR made in 275. Toyo proxes R888 is a great tire though, not drag specific, but definitely track proven.

Did you say you don't plan on running meth at all? How come?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    NT05r that were nearly bald netter me a 1.76 the first time i ever drove my car down the strip... 11.9@117 with just DP and tune in my AT after the day the metal was nearly showing... id highly recommend the nt05r... i havent heard many good or bad things about bfg's but the nt555rs are a radial u can DD as well as the Nt05Rs so obv they are not an all out just strip tire like the hooiser drag radials i have now are...

id try to go back on a nice cool fall night with a good DA and hopefully u can drop the 60 and bring the trap up... 11.5@124-5 should be a good reachable goal with 480whp.. what day did you go to the track and which track, ill look up the DA on drag times that will tell you how much of a roll weather played in the mph
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dyno looks solid! What track did you run at? Based on dragtimes.com DA calculator, looks like your DA would have been somewhere between 1900 and 2150 feet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good job! nice munbers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    NT05r that were nearly bald netter me a 1.76 the first time i ever drove my car down the strip... 11.9@117 with just DP and tune in my AT after the day the metal was nearly showing... id highly recommend the nt05r... i havent heard many good or bad things about bfg's but the nt555rs are a radial u can DD as well as the Nt05Rs so obv they are not an all out just strip tire like the hooiser drag radials i have now are...

id try to go back on a nice cool fall night with a good DA and hopefully u can drop the 60 and bring the trap up... 11.5@124-5 should be a good reachable goal with 480whp.. what day did you go to the track and which track, ill look up the DA on drag times that will tell you how much of a roll weather played in the mph
    I took the date and time off of his timeslip. I just don't know which track he ran at.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast