Close

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

By analyzing data from a study by John Roman, senior analyst at the Urban Institute's Justice Policy Center, Frontline found that in "Stand your ground" states, white people who kill black people are 354 percent more likely to be found justified in their killings. And it doesn't get much better in non-"Stand your ground" states, where that number goes down only to 250 percent.
    Click here to enlarge
    Source: PBS.org
    Makes sense that African-Americans would be skeptical of stand your ground or any legislative solution implemented by the Justice system.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

From our food to our entertainment, clothing, etc. The United States has usually done the assimilating. Most of the things we consider American have there origins in other cultures.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yage202 Click here to enlarge
    Let's check the riot situation. America -0 , rest of the world - Indonesia, Ireland, Turkey. No African-Americans.

Goddamn Blacks! Why didn't they riot? I got all this ammo and new artillery and nothing. They just can't do anything right.

Anybody that thought there would be riots got Powned (there are plenty in this thread). You need to check your assumptions about that. You got played by the media you profess to hate. Not a single AA friend of mine was anywhere close to rioting. They are crazy disappointed though.
    Disappointed?
    Disappointed that a violent and racist thug like Trayvon that caused his own death is getting all this media attention?
    Or, disappointed that racist opportunists like Sharpton and Jackson are exploiting your people?
    Or, disappointed how many blacks are ignoring the facts, making uneducated statements, and making blacks look like stupid racists?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Here is the Times running tally.

http://projects.latimes.com/homicide/map/

Looking at the bubbles where most of the homicides are occurring, they are the poorest per capita income areas as well. I think another poster made that point, but for those trying to prove their point the only breakdown that matters is by race. The data is fascinating though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    Source: PBS.org
    Makes sense that African-Americans would be skeptical of stand your ground or any legislative solution implemented by the Justice system.
    Urban Institute?
    Isn't that an oxymoron?
    Or is that just a moron?

Maybe because most of those whites weren't in the process of committing a felony when they pulled the trigger and most of the blacks are in the middle of a felony when the pull the trigger?
    Just a guess.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
    I think even the rich Europeans who bought slaves from their own african brothers would agree with the following and would have simply paid poor Europeans to work their land like they did in Europe if they had known what affect the African population would have on our great country:
    You should probably study your history a little more. You keep using bought. It was barter and trade only. Once the slaver had guns, which they got from selling war prisoners it was over. If you knew American history a little better, you would know that slavery started in the justice system. A few indentured servants were brought before a judge. The white servants got a path to freedom. The black servant got slavery.

Poor Europeans made awful slaves because slaves run away and white people could blend into the populace. American Indians made bad slaves because they would die from the disease and diminished life force. Africans in American on the other hand were easily identifiable, if all of them were demonized. The African culture was already agrarian so the quality of worker was high.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Disappointed that a violent and racist thug like Trayvon that caused his own death is getting all this media attention?
    Disappointed that fearful white American would listen to the provocations of fearmongers about a riot.

Disappointed that the world knows so little about African Americans. That a sensationalist idea of rioting would be believed by the uninformed. You don't profess to have Black friends, understandable, but if you polled others I would guess none that do have Black Bros would say they are ready to riot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Urban Institute?
    Their statement of who they are:

The Justice Policy Center (JPC) conducts nonpartisan research and evaluation designed to improve justice and public safety policies and practices at the national, state, and local level.

Don't guess so quick. Even your guess tries to justify your position. If you challenge the data, analysis, or conclusions to arrive at new insight I would be more interested. Is every counter-factual for you wrong?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Disappointed that fearful white American would listen to the provocations of fearmongers about a riot.

Disappointed that the world knows so little about African Americans. That a sensationalist idea of rioting would be believed by the uninformed. You don't profess to have Black friends, understandable, but if you polled others I would guess none that do have Black Bros would say they are ready to riot.
    Get your facts straight.
    I NEVER said I was afraid, or anticipated, riots.
    I don't live in the ghetto anymore so I couldn't care less if they want to loot and burn their own neighborhoods.

I never said I do or don't have black friends because it doesn't matter.
    Statements like that are such bull$hit anyway.
    I judge everyone I deal with individually and try to treat everyone I meet the way I want to be treated.
    Last edited by TT C6; 07-16-2013 at 08:53 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

You should probably study your history a little more. You keep using bought. It was barter and trade only. Once the slaver had guns, which they got from selling war prisoners it was over. If you knew American history a little better, you would know that slavery started in the justice system. A few indentured servants were brought before a judge. The white servants got a path to freedom. The black servant got slavery.

Poor Europeans made awful slaves because slaves run away and white people could blend into the populace. American Indians made bad slaves because they would die from the disease and diminished life force. Africans in American on the other hand were easily identifiable, if all of them were demonized. The African culture was already agrarian so the quality of worker was high.
    Post like the above are so stupid that you are not worth educating or arguing with.

As far as African culture:
    Africa has never had a central government, a central monetary system, or even an official shared language.
    An African has never ruled the continent of Africa, let alone the entire world.
    But, historically, Africans have worked hard at reproducing and killing each other.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

From our food to our entertainment, clothing, etc. The United States has usually done the assimilating. Most of the things we consider American have there origins in other cultures.
    You mean their ? LOL.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

the most ridiculous attempt to cut and paste from a Google search I have ever seen.

Please get out of my thread - everything you post only further substantiates what a complete idiot you are.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Let's check the riot situation. America -0 , rest of the world - Indonesia, Ireland, Turkey. No African-Americans.

Goddamn Blacks! Why didn't they riot? I got all this ammo and new artillery and nothing. They just can't do anything right.

Anybody that thought there would be riots got Powned (there are plenty in this thread). You need to check your assumptions about that. You got played by the media you profess to hate. Not a single AA friend of mine was anywhere close to rioting. They are crazy disappointed though.
    There was a little violence in Oakland and LA last night but nothing major.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    There was a little violence in Oakland and LA last night but nothing major.
    Nothing major but I was on the 10E headed to a meeting downtown when those $#@!ing $#@!s decided to march onto the freeway and shut it down for an hour.
    But, I guess it's ok for 50 people to hold thousands of people hostage on the freeway for an hour...$#@!ing idiots.

Oh, but they are all black and they are protesting so we better not do anything. Meanwhile, when some no name white band does the same thing, they all get arrested. Perfect example of what's being discussed here. You can't arrest a bunch of black protesters cause they will scream racism, but it's ok to arrest a few white guys for doing the same thing ???

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...rformance.html

This country is so $#@!ed up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Nothing major but I was on the 10E headed to a meeting downtown when those $#@!ing $#@!s decided to march onto the freeway and shut it down for an hour.
    But, I guess it's ok for 50 people to hold thousands of people hostage on the freeway for an hour...$#@!ing idiots.

Oh, but they are all black and they are protesting so we better not do anything. Meanwhile, when some no name white band does the same thing, they all get arrested. Perfect example of what's being discussed here. You can't arrest a bunch of black protesters cause they will scream racism, but it's ok to arrest a few white guys for doing the same thing ???

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...rformance.html

This country is so $#@!ed up.
    Time for the bean bag rounds and pepper spray.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Damn it is amazing how much racism is on the internet but in person most of you guys wouldn't even speak up. SMH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Linracing Click here to enlarge
    Damn it is amazing how much racism is on the internet but in person most of you guys wouldn't even speak up. SMH
    Why wouldn't I?
    Words don't give you the right initiate violence.
    But, violence gives me the right to put one in your chest.
    Are any of you going to learn anything from Trayvon ?????

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Ultimate said it best.

Every race has its bad eggs. Some more than others but let each said individual proof themselves one way or the other before generalizing.

A good friend of mine is black and at my wedding danced with my mom, my cousin who has down syndrome, my grandmother and did many other very nice things and I can't tell you how many guests came over to me to tell me how great he was, and entertaining he was, but most continued by adding I didn't expect that from him or just saying in a manner as if they couldn't believe my "black" friend could behave with such class

It honestly was a huge eye opener. These comments came from both families, people young and old, over 20 comments.

Now I don't know if that was racist or them generalizing but it made me feel terrible that they automatically expected less from him just bc of the color of his skin

Kind of sad and I am well aware of what every one can say caused the feelings these guests had but to my friend who lives each day the same as last as a respectful American he is judged the second he is seen in a harsh way. It's sad.

But the actions of others bring in generalizations and i understand that. But everyone deserves to be treated as an equal until proven otherwise
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Why wouldn't I?
    Words don't give you the right initiate violence.
    But, violence gives me the right to put one in your chest.
    Are any of you going to learn anything from Trayvon ?????
    Are you threatening me? Saying your shoot me in my chest now? Oh yeah your bold dude. I dare you to come to another event like shifts3ector.

You are the reason this country is $#@!ed up. Your a straight up racist. You probably can't fight and you where one of those kids that grew up cursing your own parents out. You have no respect for life.
    Last edited by Linracing; 07-17-2013 at 12:46 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Ultimate said it best.

Every race has its bad eggs. Some more than others but let each said individual proof themselves one way or the other before generalizing.

A good friend of mine is black and at my wedding danced with my mom, my cousin who has down syndrome, my grandmother and did many other very nice things and I can't tell you how many guests came over to me to tell me how great he was, and entertaining he was, but most continued by adding I didn't expect that from him or just saying in a manner as if they couldn't believe my "black" friend could behave with such class

It honestly was a huge eye opener. These comments came from both families, people young and old, over 20 comments.

Now I don't know if that was racist or them generalizing but it made me feel terrible that they automatically expected less from him just bc of the color of his skin

Kind of sad and I am well aware of what every one can say caused the feelings these guests had but to my friend who lives each day the same as last as a respectful American he is judged the second he is seen in a harsh way. It's sad.

But the actions of others bring in generalizations and i understand that. But everyone deserves to be treated as an equal until proven otherwise
    That's great man, that is what I am talking about, every race has its bad people. NOT just black people like TT C6 wants everyone to believe. Didn't we just have war with a white man who wanted to kill all other white people who didn't have blue eyes and blond hair? (Hitler) I love all people doesn't matter there color or where they come from. My parents raised me to not judge anyone unit you get to know them and even then you still don't talk crap about them. The media screws everything up by throwing race in every case, seems like they are trying to make us all hate each other and forget about other things going wrong with the country. I wish people would put this much effort to feed the homeless or something that will actually make a difference for all people...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Are you threatening me? Saying your shoot me in my chest now? Oh yeah your bold dude. I dare you to come to another event like shifts3ector.

You are the reason this country is $#@!ed up. Your a straight up racist. You probably can't fight and you where one of those kids that grew up cursing your own parents out. You have no respect for life. Go $#@! your sister.
    Your reading comprehension needs work.
    The point I am making is that blacks will continue to be killed in large numbers until they stop thinking that violence is an acceptable response to words and situations that they don't like.

Have you ever thought that IF Trayvon's death was able to teach blacks the lesson that violence is NOT an acceptable response to NON-violent situations, then maybe his death wouldn't be in vain ???

If you don't want to hear if from me, that's fine.
    The message originally came from MLK.

Do I still sound like a stupid racist to you?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Blacks kill blacks yes every day nobody said they didn't. Hispanics also kill Hispanics every day. Whites are becoming the minority now.

By the way what state do you live at? Chicago?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Blacks kill blacks yes every day nobody said they didn't. Hispanics also kill Hispanics every day. Whites are becoming the minority now.
    Minorities are taking over because they have no responsibility for their reproduction and have very little value for their children's future.
    They rely on the "white man" they hate so much to feed, house, and raise their children.

Well, our numbers are dwindling because we see the future and we make decisions accordingly.
    What will the minorities do when the white man can't support them anymore?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

By the way what state do you live at? Chicago?
    Hate to break it to you man but Chicago isn't a state. It's not even the capitol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Ultimate said it best.

Great post, thanks for sharing. I'll submit that while the comments those people made in reference to your friend had absolute undertones of racism - we have to understand that so much of our culture, our past, the media etc etc have engrained these feelings in so many people. It's become a generational epidemic. Sad to say, but only time will change it. And judging by the events of the past week, it's going to take a LONG time.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast