Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: e60 vs f10

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dperformance Click here to enlarge
    V10 should make more power not less imo that's all and it has to rev high due to lack of torque for compensation, just not a fan as a purest the e39 was a better car then the e60 imo
    the s85 made over 100hp per liter that's not underpowered by any means. As far as torq goes who cares? Unles your drag racing or pulling heavy loads having loads of tq isn't that important. It made enough to get it off the line in a respectable time. Also it didn't rev high to compensate for lack of tq, that's how it made power. For any car to make power it's either going to be FI, big displacement or high revving. Lastly not taking anything away from the e39 but the s62 was just a glorified m62 compared to the s85. If you prefer turbo v8's thats cool and all but the s85 is a real racing engine...something the s63 will never be
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    e46-m3-ripClick here to enlarge
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current
    http://theworstdrug.com/25

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5soko Click here to enlarge
    S85 was a marvle of a engine, one of the best in its time and to this day.. It has won 10 engine awards in its timeframe of production, one of the most awarded engine ever produced...V10 strapped to a sedan with 8250 redline, 10 individual throttle bodies, variable camshaft control, Dry sump, blocks made in the same plant as the F1 racing engine blocks and makes over 100hp per liter... On top of it being one of the best sounding engine ever made.. Hard to top it..My 6.3 amg engine blew, and for the same reason it has a lawsuit aganist it from numerous forum members engine blowing aswell... M156 makes great power and sounds good, but at the end of the day its just another big v8 strapped to a sedan (or coupe) thats makes good noises..
    The M159 is the closest to an M motor AMG ever got. A real M motor. It's worthy of respect.

I agree with everything you said regarding the S85 but it is a quasi dry-sump not a true dry-sump system. BMW got cheap.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I agree.. The M159 is a very nice upgrade with some good additions... I also agree on the quasi dry sump, lol reason i didnt add the quasi haha MY favorite 6.3 engine is member ezec63's, best one i ever seen, heard or see perform!
    ///M5 LCI
    "It's like the F10 is the 911 Turbo to the E60's GT3" -Pistonheads (M5 feature)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123