Close

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by csl335i Click here to enlarge
    If i go with m3 differential house - which is a good option - i have to change and modify the drive shaft.
    It seemed to be easier to put the e34 m5 diff internal into 335i diff house and machine a cover.
    driveshaft is fairly easy to change, you just get one from an E38/E39 740i/540i (and possibly any other V8 BMW), cut down the differential half, and bolt them together

i'm about to do it myself, and a few people have done it locally - i'm purchasing the full rear setup for about 600GBP.

if you already had the parts, and did it really cheap... fair enough then haha

I am overseas, so alltogether with shipping cost and high taxes, it's cheaper to develope a custom made diff cover. And we can produce and sell to other members this diff cover as well, if there is interest.
    shipping would be something like $50-$80USD

you get taxed on any incoming shipments, even if they're only available overseas? wow Click here to enlarge

fair enough if it's cheaper though... and i'm sure members would be interested in more options if you're going to sell! never mind then haha
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

M3 Body conversation and expansion tank/oil carrier

We have test fitted some M3 body parts in the front yesterday.
    Because of the upgraded turbos and pipeing, water pump (cannot seen on the pictures) coolant houses/expansion tank and oil carrier should be relocated to the driver's side. The expansion tank and oil carrier combo comes from f10 530d and their connectors has the right direction. Please also note, that this 530d type water coolant house/expansion tank has the same Screw cap as the 335i type expansion tank, which is essential for the cooling system to be compatible.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I am overseas, so alltogether with shipping cost and high taxes, it's cheaper to develope a custom made diff cover. And we can produce and sell to other members this diff cover as well, if there is interest.
    I'm surprised VAC doesn't have dealers overseas...I know they sell a lot of parts there
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

M3 body conversation

Not much during this weekend.We have test fitted the M3 front bumper and M3 rear bumper (see picture), they look good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

850Watt performance fan, intercooler and oil cooler

We have fitted the 850Watt BMW Performance fan without the wiring.

My recent intercooler is a little bit larger than the space we have, therefore we have decided to redisin my intercooler. First I have to buy good intercooler core.

We also figured out the oil cooling system. Unfortunatly we cannot use the M3 oil cooler as its location is the same, where our newly designed intercooler will take place. Therefore we picked up a Setrab Pro-line oil cooler, dimensons are: 330mm x 193mm x 50mm, part number: 50-625-7612.
    Location of the oil cooler will be on the driver side behind the bumper,
    therefore some custom modification is needed around the front wheel arch trim and front air duct.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

^ going to go a dual oil cooler kit? or just replace the factory one?

also, where do you get the BMW performance 850w fan from? got a part number?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    ^ going to go a dual oil cooler kit? or just replace the factory one?

also, where do you get the BMW performance 850w fan from? got a part number?
    I am going to go with single oil cooler, which will be located on the driver side. On factory car, the oil cooler is located on the opposite side, than drive side.

I do not have the part number, but can be googled. If you would like to install it, you also need a wiring harness with proper relay, but this can be also ordered from BMW.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

I am going to go with single oil cooler, which will be located on the driver side. On factory car, the oil cooler is located on the opposite side, than drive side.

I do not have the part number, but can be googled. If you would like to install it, you also need a wiring harness with proper relay, but this can be also ordered from BMW.
    ahh right, for some reason i thought you were RHD not LHD haha

why not keep factory oil cooler and just add the setrab?

thanks, so just the same fan as the 1m.. right -

i can't see anything about a wiring harness or relay being special, just people swapping them straight in/out
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Custom made full alu DCT Oil pan

Yesterday we finalized the design of our custom made DCT Oil pan. It looks like OEM, only a few enhancement, like full alu material and heatsink on the back. Machining during the next week.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Custom made differential cover

We are almost ready with our custom made differential cover. Still need some machining to fit to my differential house.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Custom made intercooler

Due to space restriction, we have to redesign our intercooler. Core has arrived yesterday. We use a two-channel core.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

I just need to ask one more time cause I am beyond impressed with all the work you guys are doing, its incredibly detailed and professionally done. But you are upgrading all these parts for 530-550 WHP? Seems like a touch of overkill. Also not at bash at all genuinely curious on the twin scroll effect you are talking about with the 2 different housings, can you post some documentation on this is achieved and who has done it before? Twin scroll refers to exhaust gas pulses and separating them to keep them from fighting each other. Twin Scroll is theoretically not possible on a 6 cylinder TT set up. I am always up for learning new things and have not heard of this process. All my research turns up and it makes sense to me with my turbocharger experience that running twins with one bigger and one smaller is actually doing to be detrimental not beneficial. As the smaller turbo will become a restriction up top.The only time you do this is when you are doing a compound or sequential turbocharger set up. Also what are the AR's you are running? Look forward to discussing it with you as honestly I have never seen it done, just read about it. That diff cover is bad ass by the way! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

all that work for the differential, and you didn't add an additional differential mount into it?
    Click here to enlarge
    Vargas Turbo dealer and installation center
    Level 10 distributor and installation center
    Burger Motorsports Tier 2 dealer and installation center
    Turner Motorsports dealer and installation center
    Bimmerworld dealer and installation center
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    all that work for the differential, and you didn't add an additional differential mount into it?
    ^- this.

This new diff cover looks a lot beefier at the mount point!
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I just need to ask one more time cause I am beyond impressed with all the work you guys are doing, its incredibly detailed and professionally done. But you are upgrading all these parts for 530-550 WHP? Seems like a touch of overkill.
    My project has different goals: 1, Design, manufacture and implement many-many in-house developed unique ideas. 2, To be on the safe side in any circumstances on long-term bases. 3, To have deeper experiences. 4, Have some fun

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Also not at bash at all genuinely curious on the twin scroll effect you are talking about with the 2 different housings, can you post some documentation on this is achieved and who has done it before? Twin scroll refers to exhaust gas pulses and separating them to keep them from fighting each other. Twin Scroll is theoretically not possible on a 6 cylinder TT set up.Click here to enlarge
    When i am saying "Twin-Scroll effect" i am referring to our different size of turbine houses design. Maybe twin-scroll effect is not the best term for our design.

We are using two different turbine house: AR 0.35 (smaller turbine house) and AR 0.48 (larger turbine house) compared to each other. With ball-bearing CHRAs as well.

running twins with one bigger and one smaller is actually doing to be detrimental not beneficial. As the smaller turbo will become a restriction up top.
    The smaller turbine house (0.35) has larger wastegate and the larger turbine house (0.48) has smaller wastegate compared to each other. Therefore the smaller turbine house up top will be compensated by a larger wastegate (there will be a specific amount of exhaust gas, which cannot enter through the turbine wheels, so the wastegate will be slightly opened by exhaust pressure and exhaust gas can escape better via larger wastegate).
    Exhaust pressure after turbine side will be almost identical in both turbos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Custom made differential cover

We have machined the differential cover, during this week, we would like to treat the surface before we assembly it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Wow

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Very Nice!!!
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sometimes people's ingenuity amazes me. The quality of the machine work/craftsmanship on this effort is amazing. Clearly, cls335i will have far more money into this build than it will ever be worth but it is definitely pushing boundaries and helping the community. Thanks for sharing, cls335i!

Also, I can't help but feel that if you were able to hook up with a manufacturer (CP-E comes to mind), we could all benefit even more and you recoup some of your investment.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Beautiful!
    Click here to enlarge
    Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

The smaller turbine house (0.35) has larger wastegate and the larger turbine house (0.48) has smaller wastegate compared to each other. Therefore the smaller turbine house up top will be compensated by a larger wastegate (there will be a specific amount of exhaust gas, which cannot enter through the turbine wheels, so the wastegate will be slightly opened by exhaust pressure and exhaust gas can escape better via larger wastegate).
    Exhaust pressure after turbine side will be almost identical in both turbos.
    I love everything you've done except this part but it'll be interesting to see how it pans out for you. Given that boost control solenoid duty cycles can't be independently calibrated with the DME (unless you're tuning with a standalone or fancy piggyback of some sort, not JB or Procede) I would've gone with equal turbine housing setups that have an AR somewhere in between those two. I understand what you're saying and trying to accomplish but do have a feeling there will be more cons in the end than pros.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Loving the machining on the diff cover
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

I like the fins inside the diff cover. Nice touch.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    Given that boost control solenoid duty cycles can't be independently calibrated with the DME (unless you're tuning with a standalone or fancy piggyback of some sort, not JB or Procede) I would've gone with equal turbine housing setups that have an AR somewhere in between those two. I understand what you're saying and trying to accomplish but do have a feeling there will be more cons in the end than pros.
    We use only DME, rest of the job will be done by physics :-) Or at least we strongly believe in physics. The principals we use on these different AR turbine housed turbos are more or less the same like twin-scroll turbine houses vs wastages.
    I also have an F10 M5. We made some minor modification on those twin-scroll turbos. Besides some weak points, those turbos has well designed and optimized both low-end tourqe and high RPM high horse power. One of the key element (amongs in many others) is the wastegate, the position of the wastegate and the "channell" which flows optimized the exhaust gas on to the wastegate. Vacuum controlled wastegates on those twins on high load are opened by exhaust gas pressure as well, that is why the smaller turbine house on the twins does not became a restricition as the exhaust gas can escape via the wastegate.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Custom made DCT OIL pan

Good thing on its way:-) Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast