Close

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

NO. We manufactured full aluminimum DCT oil pan, which helps keeping the oil temperature lower. I dont track my car, just spirited and sometimes heavy street driving, therefore we did not intend to have extra transmission cooler

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

F21 125d

Meanwhile, i have opened a mini thread about my DD F21 125D with a very minor and just a few cosmetics modifications:

http://f20.1addicts.com/forums/showt...7#post15219607

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by csl335i Click here to enlarge
    Meanwhile, i have opened a mini thread about my DD F21 125D with a very minor and just a few cosmetics modifications:

http://f20.1addicts.com/forums/showt...7#post15219607
    Why are you linking there? Make the thread here and link internally.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

BAHAHAHA. Did he really just post a link to the other forum on here. That's pretty funny.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    BAHAHAHA. Did he really just post a link to the other forum on here. That's pretty funny.
    And what is it exactly that makes this thing so funny?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

It's in poor taste.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

1addicts is bimmerpost, bimmerpost and bimmerboost have extremely unpleasant relationship. Many people come here fed up with bimmerpost+admins there.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    1addicts is bimmerpost, bimmerpost and bimmerboost have extremely unpleasant relationship. Many people come here fed up with bimmerpost+admins there.
    Thanks. I did not know this fact.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

NO. We manufactured full aluminimum DCT oil pan, which helps keeping the oil temperature lower. I dont track my car, just spirited and sometimes heavy street driving, therefore we did not intend to have extra transmission cooler
    I guess the DCT oil pan does'nt fit on the AT oil pan?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigHoncho Click here to enlarge
    I guess the DCT oil pan does'nt fit on the AT oil pan?
    AT has different shape, so it does not fit. Our oil pan fits for e9X 335i, e9x M3, fxx M5/M6. And maybe for new fxx M3/M4.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Ceramic coating on compressor house, suction and charge pipe

We ceramic coated the compressor houses, suction pipes and charge pipes. This is a kind of inhouse developed ceramic coating, what we used on the top of our pistons. This coating contains nano gold layer and acts as a heat mirror. Mainly this coating is responsible to mirror away external heat from pipes and compressor houses.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Custom made turbo oil lines

Today we are finalizing the new turbo oil lines. We have blanked out the factory return line wholes on the engine and relocate it on the oil sump. We made an Y-return line and an electric oil pump will be connected as well via the return line to keep the return oil flow optimized.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

^^^ Everything looks real good, just scary if that oil drain pipe is actually touching or rubbing on the compressor hot pipes. On my cobalt it was like that but with the AC line, after a month of rubbing on that it ruptured the AC line. This is oil drain line so if that ruptures and gets hot oil everywhere, that can start a fire.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

We ceramic coated the compressor houses, suction pipes and charge pipes. This is a kind of inhouse developed ceramic coating, what we used on the top of our pistons. This coating contains nano gold layer and acts as a heat mirror. Mainly this coating is responsible to mirror away external heat from pipes and compressor houses.
    Everything looks pretty clean!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Finished with upgraded turbos

I think we almost finished every small works on our turbos, suction pipes, charge pipes, water coolant lines, oil coolant lines. What we still would like to built in is an electric oil pump on the turbo return oil line, to optimize the oil flow back to the oil sump.
    On the top of the ceramic coating, we put bandage on the downpipes to optimize heat management.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Garrett turbo speed sensors

We have installed one Garrett speed sensor per turbo. Speed sensor displays will be installed later.
    We have already installed two EGT sensor as well. EGT display will be installed later.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Now I am 110% convinced you guys are doing things just do them. An electric oil pump to drain the turbos?? Sure if they are below the oil level. Purpose built rally and track cars used gravity fed drains all day every day without an issue, but on a 500 WHP street car you need to redesign the oil drain system? Also EGT probs after the turbos in the down pipes are pointless, you are not seeing anything close to actual EGT, prob needs to be BEFORE the turbo. I've said if before and I'll saying again, your level of commitment to this build it nothing short of legendary, but it seems pretty overboard unless this is a show car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Now I am 110% convinced you guys are doing things just do them. An electric oil pump to drain the turbos?? Sure if they are below the oil level. Purpose built rally and track cars used gravity fed drains all day every day without an issue, but on a 500 WHP street car you need to redesign the oil drain system? Also EGT probs after the turbos in the down pipes are pointless, you are not seeing anything close to actual EGT, prob needs to be BEFORE the turbo. I've said if before and I'll saying again, your level of commitment to this build it nothing short of legendary, but it seems pretty overboard unless this is a show car.
    I bet myself, that Tony will be amongs in the very first persons, who will confirm again, that we are over board and he doesn't aggree in this and that... No problem, i am ok with my car and ok with your replies, however in some details, me and my engineers have different opinions:-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Also EGT probs after the turbos in the down pipes are pointless, you are not seeing anything close to actual EGT, prob needs to be BEFORE the turbo..
    In this matter Tony, you are completly right, the best place for the EGT sensors are before the turbos. The temperature difference between post and pre turbo could be hundreds of celsius. We are hesitating to put this before the turbo in some specific reason, therefore we screw them after the turbo to start with and later we may redisign it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's in poor taste.
    Bet tasting good and having good taste are two separate things, no?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

I bet myself, that Tony will be amongs in the very first persons, who will confirm again, that we are over board and he doesn't aggree in this and that... No problem, i am ok with my car and ok with your replies, however in some details, me and my engineers have different opinions:-)
    what's your justification for powered oil drain when no one ever does it anyway?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

what's your justification for powered oil drain when no one ever does it anyway?
    We look at my old factory turbos and sees oil where (in theoretically you shouldnt) and figure out, that a specific amount of the oil sits as the gravity cannot provide enough "power" to pull out the oil. Our modified turbos are sitting a little bit lower, than factory ones therefore we try to apply an electric pump as well to optimize oil flow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

We look at my old factory turbos and sees oil where (in theoretically you shouldnt) and figure out, that a specific amount of the oil sits as the gravity cannot provide enough "power" to pull out the oil. Our modified turbos are sitting a little bit lower, than factory ones therefore we try to apply an electric pump as well to optimize oil flow.
    i wonder why inlet pressure doesn't just push it all out :/
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

N54 can smoke fairly easily... maybe improved oil flow would help this. I like all the thought put into this build.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

i wonder why inlet pressure doesn't just push it all out :/
    Oil pressure is built between the oil pump and oil inlet of the turbo. As oil feedback/return line: there is gravity, which should transit the oil to the oil sump, but we think that this gravity is not enough (even on harder corners) and some oil still stays in the turbo and will be smoked easily. And one additional and potential reason: the consistence of the oil before the turbo and after the turbo is not the same. After the turbo, the oil is a little bit spumy, and this kind of consistence is against optimized flow.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast