Close

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Custom made differential cover has finished

We have finished our custom made differential cover anodized with color. Screw will be anodized with black color as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Custom made DCT oil pan

Still need some surface treatment. This is our prototype, which goes for to my car. Production version will be slightly different. Also will be anodized.
    Perfectly fit to e9x M3 DCT, e9X 335i DCT, F10 M5 DCT, FXX M6 DCT.
    No oil leakage.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What's going on with the inside of that pan? Why isn't it just machined out ? Bunch of steps/channels and a LOT of G code.....
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports dealer
    Turner Motorsports dealer
    Bimmerworld dealer
    Active Autowerks Dealer
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    What's going on with the inside of that pan? Why isn't it just machined out ? Bunch of steps/channels and a LOT of G code.....
    Good question. This is our prototype and we have tried to "copy" the original plastic oil pan, which has some rampart. There is a good reason why there are ramparts, which connects to the bottom of the transmission. In the production version we may delete these ramparts and machined them out, or make them more simplier.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by csl335i Click here to enlarge
    Good question. This is our prototype and we have tried to "copy" the original plastic oil pan, which has some rampart. There is a good reason why there are ramparts, which connects to the bottom of the transmission. In the production version we may delete these ramparts and machined them out, or make them more simplier.
    I'm not fully sure I understand, and I think it might just be the language barrier thing... Ramparts? Could you please describe the part your are talking about? Thank you!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Could be paths to guide the oil back to the sump, keep it out of corners of the pan when cornering/accelerating/braking, and provide structural rigidity to the pan.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
    I'm not fully sure I understand, and I think it might just be the language barrier thing... Ramparts? Could you please describe the part your are talking about? Thank you!
    Rampart as in structural buttress. I suspect he's referring to the "walls" between the channels.

Neil

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd like to see real trap-door baffling like VAC does Click here to enlarge
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

A little bit off.topic: Sound of my m3 custom made exhaust system

Sorry to be a little bit off-topic, but meanwhile the n54 development, we have finished my e93 M3 custom made exhaust system (developed in-house). It has X pipe, pass-through resonators and two HJS 200 cell spor cats.

By the end of this year, M3 will have a compressor kit as well (I am hesitating between Harrop or Active Autowerke). Engine will be reassembled and ceramic coated as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3o52yfo7p...2009.17.18.mp4

Next week we are preparing to assembly my n54 engine as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry to be a little bit off-topic, but meanwhile the n54 development, we have finished my e93 M3 custom made exhaust system (developed in-house). It has X pipe, pass-through resonators and two HJS 200 cell spor cats.

By the end of this year, M3 will have a compressor kit as well (I am hesitating between Harrop or Active Autowerke). Engine will be reassembled and ceramic coated as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3o52yfo7p...2009.17.18.mp4

Next week we are preparing to assembly my n54 engine as well.
    Post it in the S65 V8 section...
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

DCT alu oil pan finished in green

Today we have finished the DCT oil alu pan finished in light-green color. The color is for testing purposes, it's okay under my car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Custom made differential cover has also finished

We already fitted the M3 half-shafts.
    Differential oil temperature sensor is alryeady in place and will be connected to my InsidePerformance/Awron display.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Modified brake master cylinder

We have machined a small part to our modified (coming from f10 M5) master brake cylinder to insert back it to its place. Next week we will assembly it into the expansion tank. The capacity of the master brake cylinder was calculated based on our front and rear brake cylinders vs factory brake cylinders and we were lucky enough that f10 m5 brake master cylinder gives us the proper volume.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Today we have finished the DCT oil alu pan finished in light-green color. The color is for testing purposes, it's okay under my car.
    That's a good looking pan! Let me know how it fits.

The pan SSP made for didn't... freaking nightmare.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What are the specs on your turbos? I'm interested as well in a custom-manifold twin setup with small-ish turbos such as these. Thanks for any info.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My project has different goals: 1, Design, manufacture and implement many-many in-house developed unique ideas. 2, To be on the safe side in any circumstances on long-term bases. 3, To have deeper experiences. 4, Have some fun

When i am saying "Twin-Scroll effect" i am referring to our different size of turbine houses design. Maybe twin-scroll effect is not the best term for our design.

We are using two different turbine house: AR 0.35 (smaller turbine house) and AR 0.48 (larger turbine house) compared to each other. With ball-bearing CHRAs as well.

The smaller turbine house (0.35) has larger wastegate and the larger turbine house (0.48) has smaller wastegate compared to each other. Therefore the smaller turbine house up top will be compensated by a larger wastegate (there will be a specific amount of exhaust gas, which cannot enter through the turbine wheels, so the wastegate will be slightly opened by exhaust pressure and exhaust gas can escape better via larger wastegate).
    Exhaust pressure after turbine side will be almost identical in both turbos.
    This might sound good on paper, its not actually going to work, the small turbo is going to be a restriction up top. It doesn't matter what size waste gate you put on each turbo, that has nothing to do with flow through the housing, that is to control boost, the AR ratio dictates how much you can flow, you are only going to be able to flow so much exhaust through the housing period, what is going to happen is you are going to end up with different back pressures for the 2 different banks(back pressure matters most before the turbine not after), and different exhaust temps. This is not ideal. You are better off going with 2 .35 housings, the stock housings are close to .35 and will give you plenty of flow to meet those very low power goals.
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 10-22-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DallasBoosted Click here to enlarge
    What are the specs on your turbos? I'm interested as well in a custom-manifold twin setup with small-ish turbos such as these. Thanks for any info.
    I can tell you exactly what they are by looking at them. They are Garrett GT2554R turbos. Garrett rates them 170-270 BHP so pushed hard a set of these would be good for about 500 WHP maybe a little more. They are dual ball bearing turbos and should spool quick with those small AR's the rear turbo looks to have the standard housing that would come with that turbo, the front what looks like a modified housing off a nissan 300zx which is how they got the .48 housing for the T25. I cant tell if that is 100% correct but that downpipe bolt pattern looks a lot like the nissan 300zx tt pattern.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    This might sound good on paper, its not actually going to work, the small turbo is going to be a restriction up top. It doesn't matter what size waste gate you put on each turbo, that has nothing to do with flow through the housing, that is to control boost, the AR ratio dictates how much you can flow, you are only going to be able to flow so much exhaust through the housing period, what is going to happen is you are going to end up with different back pressures for the 2 different banks(back pressure matters most before the turbine not after), and different exhaust temps. This is not ideal. You are better off going with 2 .35 housings, the stock housings are close to .35 and will give you plenty of flow to meet those very low power goals.
    Actually I like this… it’s a good theory. Yes, the AR will be restrictive for the smaller side, but that’s the point of the larger WG port… the larger AR will be supplying >50% of the airflow in the top and vice versa during spool. If you get the WG port sizing right, your BPs won’t be too far off in your “target range”… but BP will vary; this isn’t so bad though on this engine. Timing won’t be optimized for each bank, but no biggy IMO, and 2 fuel banks works great. Can’t wait to see the torque curve.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How much did you spend on parts only? $$$$$$$$$$$$$ not to mention about labors.
    08 535i 6MT - JB4 G5 ISO - Luke performance flash - E40 & BMS 100% Meth - AR design catless DP - ETS 5" intercooler - BMS DCI - BMS OCC - ER chargepipe - HKS BOV - K-sport coilovers - UUC evo SSK - CDV deleted - ACS spoiler - Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I can tell you exactly what they are by looking at them. They are Garrett GT2554R turbos. Garrett rates them 170-270 BHP so pushed hard a set of these would be good for about 500 WHP maybe a little more. They are dual ball bearing turbos and should spool quick with those small AR's the rear turbo looks to have the standard housing that would come with that turbo, the front what looks like a modified housing off a nissan 300zx which is how they got the .48 housing for the T25. I cant tell if that is 100% correct but that downpipe bolt pattern looks a lot like the nissan 300zx tt pattern.
    Cool I am interested in your stage 3 also, but would probably want the smallest turbos. Perhaps the GT2560's. I only really drive my car on road courses and occasionally on weekends, so I would want something very responsive but still holds boost and torque to redline. I would not run more than 17-18psi. Right now I run the E30 Cobb Race maps on stock turbos... and it falls on its face after 5500rpm... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    Actually I like this… it’s a good theory. Yes, the AR will be restrictive for the smaller side, but that’s the point of the larger WG port… the larger AR will be supplying >50% of the airflow in the top and vice versa during spool. If you get the WG port sizing right, your BPs won’t be too far off in your “target range”… but BP will vary; this isn’t so bad though on this engine. Timing won’t be optimized for each bank, but no biggy IMO, and 2 fuel banks works great. Can’t wait to see the torque curve.
    You used the correct word, THEORY, it will not work in execution. Why do you think no one has done it successfully? Because they are the only ones who have thought of it? Of course not, its been tried and it doesn't work, the only time different sized turbos work well is when used in sequential or compound set-ups. I think you may win the award for just liking to disagree, make the waste gate port any size you want, that port has to be closed to make boost, if its huge, you will have terrible boost control, as even just cracking it will rob too much exhaust energy from the turbine, back pressure after the exhaust which is what they are claiming this will equalize really is moot. Its how much pressure you are seeing between the motor and the turbo thats important. Will it work, sure it will work, would they have a much more efficient set up with 2 matched turbos, yes they would.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You used the correct word, THEORY, it will not work in execution. Why do you think no one has done it successfully? Because they are the only ones who have thought of it? Of course not, its been tried and it doesn't work, the only time different sized turbos work well is when used in sequential or compound set-ups. I think you may win the award for just liking to disagree, make the waste gate port any size you want, that port has to be closed to make boost, if its huge, you will have terrible boost control, as even just cracking it will rob too much exhaust energy from the turbine, back pressure after the exhaust which is what they are claiming this will equalize really is moot. Its how much pressure you are seeing between the motor and the turbo thats important. Will it work, sure it will work, would they have a much more efficient set up with 2 matched turbos, yes they would.
    Many things have been tried before with success later. There are some advantages in WG control (if they are keeping vac actuation) and tuning. I don’t really see boost control being an issue… likely BPs and turbo MAFs will vary, especially when efficiencies are closest, but I don’t see much issue here. Hopefully the OP posts comprehensive results.

I like a discussion, not just disagreeing to disagree.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

DCT OIL ALU PAN

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That's a good looking pan! Let me know how it fits.

The pan SSP made for didn't... freaking nightmare.
    DTC full alu oil pan fits perfect, like OEM. Sticky, i have a good news for your: no more oil leakage Click here to enlarge I will open a separate thread in M3 and M5 section as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The turbos are GT2560R fitted into a 2554 house. .35 turbine house comes from an old-school Wolkswagen 1.9 TDI, .48 turbine house comes from Nissan Skyline r34 tt. CHRAs are dual ball bearing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The turbos are GT2560R fitted into a 2554 house. .35 turbine house comes from an old-school Wolkswagen 1.9 TDI, .48 turbine house comes from Nissan Skyline r34 tt. CHRAs are dual ball bearing.
    Very cool, I am interested to see the results of this setup.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast