Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bluesun Click here to enlarge
    I haven't read through all of this yet (I just got busy again at work), but I just want to post to say I am totally in. I'm a somewhat experienced programmer and computer engineer, so hopefully I can bring something to this. When I first saw the "open source" project, I had high hopes for the first while. Then the story changed, and I legitimately got a little mad and thought "this can't be so complicated that the community couldn't figure it out". It's not rocket science and it's not bleeding edge technology -- we just need to do some reversing and figure out what's what. I think people would be amazed at the pace of progress if even 4 or 5 dedicated folks pooled their resources together. It would be so nice to send a big "$#@! you" to the people that keep trying to bleed us dry over what is at this point an old ish car/motor.

Thank you for starting this! It was bound to happen sooner or later. I'm still pretty agitated about the whole "open source" bull$#@!.
    Damn man, well said!

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bluesun Click here to enlarge
    I haven't read through all of this yet (I just got busy again at work), but I just want to post to say I am totally in. I'm a somewhat experienced programmer and computer engineer, so hopefully I can bring something to this. When I first saw the "open source" project, I had high hopes for the first while. Then the story changed, and I legitimately got a little mad and thought "this can't be so complicated that the community couldn't figure it out". It's not rocket science and it's not bleeding edge technology -- we just need to do some reversing and figure out what's what. I think people would be amazed at the pace of progress if even 4 or 5 dedicated folks pooled their resources together. It would be so nice to send a big "$#@! you" to the people that keep trying to bleed us dry over what is at this point an old ish car/motor.

Thank you for starting this! It was bound to happen sooner or later. I'm still pretty agitated about the whole "open source" bull$#@!.
    You wanna raise the middle finger? Develop this to work with the new M5 and M6 as well. The big news for those is a $6000 tune and exhaust!!! Stopping them from their raping would be a giant bird in the face!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
    You wanna raise the middle finger? Develop this to work with the new M5 and M6 as well. The big news for those is a $6000 tune and exhaust!!! Stopping them from their raping would be a giant bird in the face!
    That's a whole new ballgame. Eventually that would be great but that is going to be MUCH more difficult if even possible right now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    no kidding. ionic spark knock and other variables of that engine would be difficult (i assume) to reverse engineer.

hell, the N54 im assuming will take some effort to get multi spray sequences per cylinder fire figured out.

but i wouldnt know, cause i aint got the little password Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports dealer
    Turner Motorsports dealer
    Bimmerworld dealer
    Active Autowerks Dealer
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    no kidding. ionic spark knock and other variables of that engine would be difficult (i assume) to reverse engineer.

hell, the N54 im assuming will take some effort to get multi spray sequences per cylinder fire figured out.

but i wouldnt know, cause i aint got the little password Click here to enlarge
    Little is quite the statement. The 'easy' key is 1088 bits. Then there is the 1024 bit rsa private key. That ones a bit more daunting.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2100+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Not sure where I can help out, but I'll put my name in. I'm a software architect by trade, but to get there I've worked in just about everything. Haven't done anything on the automotive side of things, but these days it's not all that different anyway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Little is quite the statement. The 'easy' key is 1088 bits. Then there is the 1024 bit rsa private key. That ones a bit more daunting.
    Misinformation. I bet the password is "password".

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Doyle Click here to enlarge
    Misinformation. I bet the password is "password".
    oh, the password to the forum? That has been changed to manual access since the password somehow already got out...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I believe its going to start in C#. I'm traditionally a C++ coder though so we'll see what happens and when it begins to fork.
    Are you using C# 3.0? or newer?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    do the other tuners (openflash/cobb) have these cracked?

or do they have some dodgy method of access that semi-bypasses it?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    do the other tuners (openflash/cobb) have these cracked?

or do they have some dodgy method of access that semi-bypasses it?
    I'm certain they all have the key used in the challenge response. But I don't think any of them have the RSA private key used for encrypting the Program and Data flash areas. If they do, that's good news for the community.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm certain they all have the key used in the challenge response. But I don't think any of them have the RSA private key used for encrypting the Program and Data flash areas. If they do, that's good news for the community.
    and i'm guessing you want the lot! haha
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    and i'm guessing you want the lot! haha

We don't need the RSA key Click here to enlarge I suspect everyone uses the same methods of avoiding needing it. But yes, having the key would make it slightly easier.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    But I don't think any of them have the RSA private key used for encrypting the Program and Data flash areas. If they do, that's good news for the community.
    Everyone staying quiet about this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    Are you using C# 3.0? or newer?
    There's no reason you shouldn't be able to use the newest one. It all compiles to IRL anyways. Unless a dependent library requires a specific version of .net
    pt6466 FFTEC 335i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaptainInsano Click here to enlarge
    There's no reason you shouldn't be able to use the newest one. It all compiles to IRL anyways. Unless a dependent library requires a specific version of .net
    I see, I am pretty good in C#3.0 programming, but I have not programmed with the newer versions yet, but that should not matter, it's all the same in the end, so if you guys need help in the programming end let me know.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There are enhancements for doing MVC and the like in more recent versions of .Net. LINQ has improved steadily, but that's more interesting for database-backed applications. Code contracts are more for enterprise stuff but really don't matter for desktop apps. I doubt much that really matters in the end. I think extension methods were 3.0 which is a nicety but hardly required.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not to be a douche here but ever since the donate here thread turned into no wait nevermind vendors are now interested donations are closed, the amount of talk, free sharing of info and updates have pretty much stopped. What gives.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    Not to be a douche here but ever since the donate here thread turned into no wait nevermind vendors are now interested donations are closed, the amount of talk, free sharing of info and updates have pretty much stopped. What gives.
    We haven't changed direction at all. We simply feel that donations aren't necessary at the moment, this will be open source, but the project has to have a core team to get going and have a direction, at which point people can pick at it once its source is opened up.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's just that vendors felt we didn't need any more money although I disagree a bit after just paying for a DME Click here to enlarge. That said, I'm not going to argue as a couple of them are putting up their own resources and they are significant.

Plus, the development is not supposed to be shared publicly it is being developed privately for the public. It stopped because there are certain things that can not leak out or be said yet as they are part of the development process. Plus, we don't want any toes stepped on.

Hope you understand.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    fair enough, excited for this.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You, me, and everyone else.

I have a dream that one day this community will rise up against those holding us back and have true open source tuning. I have a dream that those who try to take advantage of our brothers shall pay the price for their arrogance.

In other words, this is awesome.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Keep in mind, any non individual interested in this, providing any form of support, has the open source community in their best interests. And by open source, I mean, (wait for it) Open Source. Not KindaOpen, SortaOpen or anything else.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Keep in mind, any non individual interested in this, providing any form of support, has the open source community in their best interests. And by open source, I mean, (wait for it) Open Source. Not KindaOpen, SortaOpen or anything else.
    Well, said, lol!
    RB's, Motiv PI, AR Downpipes, ARK exhaust, Stett CAI, Stett CP TAIL BOV, ETS FMIC, 1M Ohlins road and track conversion, M3 Bushings, VTT inlets, BMS Clutch Stop. SPEC Stage 3+ with MFactory flywheel

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

This is happening soon. should have some stuff to grab keyz
    https://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-2...rs.html#Illera
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast