Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RTA Click here to enlarge
    Why not use the WinKPF/Tool32/Inpa suite?
    I have no answer as to why not. I think we all want to use the path of least resistance. It just needs to work and the community can make it fancier as time goes on.

We just want a REAL solution that functions.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky

I'll volunteer some time at this if someone needs my services. I've done quite a bit of coding in various languages (and a CpE degree plus career experience similar work but with robotics) but moreso is the design experience that I have. You'll want this open source deal to be designed in a way that allows it to run on multiple platforms and allowing for expandability. I'm good with git as well. In true open source fashion we can establish a github site, wiki, etc.

Let me know, I'd be happy to donate a good deal of time towards the community. Click here to enlarge
    More than welcome, come join the party.

PM myself or @klipseracer for the password.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    I don't have any special access to cables or hardware, but I am skilled at building things. If we needed something custom for development purposes, that is where I could contribute the most.
    Ok, come on in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Roy Cormier Click here to enlarge
    From what I've looked at so far I think there might be enough information floating around to make this happen Click here to enlarge. MSD80s were going for about $150 on car-part.com if anyone wants to pick one up.

I've got a bunch of the TC1796 pins mapped out which could be useful for writing custom code in the future.
    Ok so we need a donation for a spare DME or maybe a couple of these.

You should already have access to the project forum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Someone from BT just registered. Looks like waves are being made and making some uneasy. Good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have programming experience. C#, C++ ,Java, microcontroller, etc. While it's been a while since I used them other than small personal projects (career based in DB development, DBA) I will give a hand where I can. Just let me know if you need another set of eyes/hands.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by r45t4335i Click here to enlarge
    I have programming experience. C#, C++ ,Java, microcontroller, etc. While it's been a while since I used them other than small personal projects (career based in DB development, DBA) I will give a hand where I can. Just let me know if you need another set of eyes/hands.
    You will be informed shortly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can't tell you guys how much freaking fun this is whether we succeed or not. It's so damn cool.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I coded years ago (everything in C) but haven't done anything modern besides perl. I'd be happy to help out in whatever way I can (besides using my new used car as test mule), but for now it looks like all I can help with is some funding.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'll pitch in $50 towards a DME if one needed
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We may have a cause for any members who wish to help development to donate to. Stay tuned.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2100+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    We may have a cause for any members who wish to help development to donate to. Stay tuned.
    I have the paypal account all set up guys are standing by and some have already contributed. We're good to go.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I personally would hold off on collecting donations, etc, until there are specific costs. I don't see much need for any capitol for this project as its coming together. It's just going to require programming time from those interested in seeing it come to life. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I personally would hold off on collecting donations, etc, until there are specific costs. I don't see much need for any capitol for this project as its coming together. It's just going to require programming time from those interested in seeing it come to life. Click here to enlarge
    Programmers are expensive Click here to enlarge
    pt6466 FFTEC 335i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaptainInsano Click here to enlarge
    Only those who are motivated by money, rather than passion as enthusiasts!

They say "Nobody is going to donate all their time". Well, I'm here to prove those 'trolls' who call me a troll, incorrect.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    It's really minor stuff and a couple of guys have contributed. We have enough to cover a spare DME and cables Click here to enlarge Plus some guys just want to help and be involved which is fine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaptainInsano Click here to enlarge
    In a prior life I used to run an IT department, and started that life as a software engineer, so I know. But this is all pretty straight forward, fun, easy stuff. We're on the cusp of having some really good info to launch this open source project. Hoping it all pans out as we hope.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    are you guys planning on discussing it on e90 to mess with Shiv's early adopter sales?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    are you guys planning on discussing it on e90 to mess with Shiv's early adopter sales?
    Build it they will come.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nah, the guy did a lot of work and is entitled to cash in as much as possible. No sense in mentioning this over there. But I'm sure he is aware there is a gap between what he is doing and what the community wants and won't be surprised.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not one for spite, however they did taunt us to do it ourselves if we didn't like his product. They also mentioned to not buy it if we don't like it. So not only will I vote with the absence of my wallet, but I will do everything I can in my free time to nurture this along. That will be my reply to them.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

This looks awesome @Sticky I would donate or anything needed to help for this project. @klipseracer I think we were the only ones calling them out on open source on e90.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by josh135 Click here to enlarge
    This looks awesome @Sticky I would donate or anything needed to help for this project. @klipseracer I think we were the only ones calling them out on open source on e90.
    There were a couple people, some of those openly objecting got their posts deleted. My posts somehow don't get deleted very often, but it happens. I think its because I show a procede in my signature, because that was the tune I ran at the time.

So yes, I'm a troll, and I want to see this through.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by josh135 Click here to enlarge
    It's moving along. Let's make them pay for their arrogance and in the process do what was promised as a matter of principle.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In retrospect, I don't see any problem with the OP monetizing his work. What I do have an issue with, is Shiv touting this as god's gift to the N54 world. Now all of a sudden OTS maps do not need to be datalogged? So are you saying that all your Procede owners are running a $#@! tune since they all datalog and are not happy with what they see?

PLEASE @shiv@vishnu show proof that your OTS maps do not flatline on 6AT. Because I know for a fact this isn't true.

I was trying to remain optimistic about that project, but as anything Shiv actively gets involved in, it turns into a money grab.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast