Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Batch 2 update

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

2 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Where do you get off questioning the reliability of a product before it's shipped. How many threads have you seen with issues from previous turbos? How do you know you'd be SOL? You're making up some bull$#@! what if scenario and only applying it to these turbos? Why? You made some dumbass comment and now you're trying to back step your way out. Batch= release cycle? Who said it does, and who cares? Seriously, what is your deal? You should more concerned with questioning other companies why NO improvement after how many years?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    these threads are all such a drag, pissing match between way too many people sticking up for or arguing with people they dont even know
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    these threads are all such a drag, pissing match between way too many people sticking up for or arguing with people they dont even know
    Wasn't aware calling someone out for being an idiot is the wrong thing to do, but I see you had to get your 2 cents in. vasillolov or whatever made some dumb comments, wouldn't matter who's thread it is, I have no problem calling out an idiot when I see one...not sure how that deserved neg. rep....but hey it is an open forum

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Any updates?
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Any updates?
    First batch of housings showed up today, genius's sent me 10 rear turbine housings, I was like you guys might as well have send me packing peanuts only, what can I do with 10 rear housings. They apologized and are next daying 2 fronts tomorrow. I will be building one set for Bobby downs, owner of the 2500# carbon fiber 135, RB's are coming off these are going in, and one set for our shop car. Bobby is on a tight tight schedule so everything has to go perfectly for it to work but we are trying to get them to him. His CHRA's are built and going through the final balance procedure tomorrow morning, then I can assemble the rear and once the front housing arrives I can ship him his set. I wont be posting every time something small happens. Next update will be numbers, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Excellent ! Thanks!
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

can't wait!!
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Wasn't aware calling someone out for being an idiot is the wrong thing to do, but I see you had to get your 2 cents in. vasillolov or whatever made some dumb comments, wouldn't matter who's thread it is, I have no problem calling out an idiot when I see one...not sure how that deserved neg. rep....but hey it is an open forum

Well, I got 8 positive reps for my first post asking about the future plans and only 1 negative. So it seems to me that there are other people who are also thinking the same thing as me.

On the side note: I think you guys are misunderstanding what I am saying here, so let me clarify this a bit:

I never said the product is unreliable! I never said I dislike Tony's products! Quite the opposite: I started with stating specifically how much I appreciate Tony's contribution and efforts to our tuning community and platform and I like his products.

My only concern was that the product seems "unfinished" for the previously explained reasons which does not inspire confidence in some buyers. Whether you want to admit it or not, those are BETA turbos for all intents and purposes as they have been redesigned from one batch to another and from the looks of it, Tony plans to tinker with the design further. All good things for us because we get hopefully a better product, but its still BETA at the moment.

Anyway, I guess what I am expecting is different from what most people are used to. ..and that's fine. My question was directed to Tony himself and I honestly don't care one bit what other's think about it and/or plan on doing with their cars.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    Well, I got 8 positive reps for my first post asking about the future plans and only 1 negative. So it seems to me that there are other people who are also thinking the same thing as me.

On the side note: I think you guys are misunderstanding what I am saying here, so let me clarify this a bit:

I never said the product is unreliable! I never said I dislike Tony's products! Quite the opposite: I started with stating specifically how much I appreciate Tony's contribution and efforts to our tuning community and platform and I like his products.

My only concern was that the product seems "unfinished" for the previously explained reasons which does not inspire confidence in some buyers. Whether you want to admit it or not, those are BETA turbos for all intents and purposes as they have been redesigned from one batch to another and from the looks of it, Tony plans to tinker with the design further. All good things for us because we get hopefully a better product, but its still BETA at the moment.

Anyway, I guess what I am expecting is different from what most people are used to. ..and that's fine. My question was directed to Tony himself and I honestly don't care one bit what other's think about it and/or plan on doing with their cars.
    You have earned yourself a thread ban. Start your own thread if you do not want to listen but just want to talk, and talk ignorantly at that. These are NOT beta turbos. I do not think you understand what Beta even means. Beta means you have a beta program where you ship turbos to customers and they test for you, for a product discount. Not happening here, we are testing everything prior to shipping. Pretty simple. Next I plan on tinkering with the design? What part of my last post was hard for you to understand, these turbos will not be changing from this configuration unless some ground breaking wheel technology comes along which merits a change, could be years. And to just answer you CAPS LOCK at the end of your rant. Again you do NOT UNDERSTAND what a beta product is, you have made it quite obvious. You have been this person since I first joined these forums, I remember you posting things just like this in my very first threads. You try to push sticks and branches over it and say its not trolling or a bash, when you are basically doing exactly that. Well you can do it your own threads from now on. Cheers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

And that's exactly how it's supposed to work.

That reminds me of that one bug I need to fix Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    You have earned yourself a thread ban. Start your own thread if you do not want to listen but just want to talk, and talk ignorantly at that. These are NOT beta turbos. I do not think you understand what Beta even means. Beta means you have a beta program where you ship turbos to customers and they test for you, for a product discount. Not happening here, we are testing everything prior to shipping. Pretty simple. Next I plan on tinkering with the design? What part of my last post was hard for you to understand, these turbos will not be changing from this configuration unless some ground breaking wheel technology comes along which merits a change, could be years. And to just answer you CAPS LOCK at the end of your rant. Again you do NOT UNDERSTAND what a beta product is, you have made it quite obvious. You have been this person since I first joined these forums, I remember you posting things just like this in my very first threads. You try to push sticks and branches over it and say its not trolling or a bash, when you are basically doing exactly that. Well you can do it your own threads from now on. Cheers
    Beta typically means not finished/proven. Your turbos are both, and thus beta is a quite an appropriate word.

So much anger; very unprofessional.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    Beta typically means not finished/proven. Your turbos are both, and thus beta is a quite an appropriate word.

So much anger; very unprofessional.
    No sir you are not correct, Beta is very specific word, and it is being used completely out of context, and does not apply. You may want to try looking the word up. Take Beta software, they give it away for people to try to help fix bugs, now if they keep that software in house even after announcing it is coming, and test and tune and see if any bugs pop up, then once they finish testing they release it, guess what, that's NOT beta software, its very very very very simple. But a troll will get treated like a troll, call it unprofessional, call it whatever you like. When people are just out to stir up crap, then no they will not get treated professionally, they will get treated as they are treating others. Take it as you will. Good day to you

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    wow, way to over-react tony Click here to enlarge

he had a valid point, and if you would calm down and read it again, you'd probably see that.

No sir you are not correct, Beta is very specific word, and it is being used completely out of context, and does not apply. You may want to try looking the word up. Take Beta software, they give it away for people to try to help fix bugs, now if they keep that software in house even after announcing it is coming, and test and tune and see if any bugs pop up, then once they finish testing they release it, guess what, that's NOT beta software, its very very very very simple. But a troll will get treated like a troll, call it unprofessional, call it whatever you like. When people are just out to stir up crap, then no they will not get treated professionally, they will get treated as they are treating others. Take it as you will. Good day to you
    they may not be beta turbos, but they're 'beta-like'... you can't tell me you won't change the design based on feedback after these are sold?

if you've ever played MMORPG's, they're in a permanent state of beta these days.. they rarely rarely rarely if every stop being beta, and even when they hit '1.0' NOTHING changes... the line between beta and 'full release' is absolutely nothing for software especially.. the difference being it's usually slightly more stable/reliable.

beta doesn't have any negative connotations IMO, so i'm not sure why you hate it?

RB's are not beta at all because they've not been tinkered with in years..

heck, it's just a label, we can call your turbos 'gamma' if you would prefer? gamma being identical to beta but with a different name? Click here to enlarge.. or if you prefer 'a reliable full release product that will permanently be under testing, review and improvement'?

and while you may be undergoing said 'gamma' release, as above, unproven, technically unfinished.. and not mass-tested, you have no idea if something will pop up after you send 100 out.. there probably won't be anything, but you can't know that.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    wow, way to over-react tony Click here to enlarge

he had a valid point, and if you would calm down and read it again, you'd probably see that.

they may not be beta turbos, but they're 'beta-like'... you can't tell me you won't change the design based on feedback after these are sold?

if you've ever played MMORPG's, they're in a permanent state of beta these days.. they rarely rarely rarely if every stop being beta, and even when they hit '1.0' NOTHING changes... the line between beta and 'full release' is absolutely nothing for software especially.. the difference being it's usually slightly more stable/reliable.

beta doesn't have any negative connotations IMO, so i'm not sure why you hate it?

RB's are not beta at all because they've not been tinkered with in years..

heck, it's just a label, we can call your turbos 'gamma' if you would prefer? gamma being identical to beta but with a different name? Click here to enlarge.. or if you prefer 'a reliable full release product that will permanently be under testing, review and improvement'?

and while you may be undergoing said 'gamma' release, as above, unproven, technically unfinished.. and not mass-tested, you have no idea if something will pop up after you send 100 out.. there probably won't be anything, but you can't know that.
    Whatever you guys say, real tired of these forums. Its like babysitting children. That guy is a troll and always has been a troll, making one valid point to try to throw camo over the entire nature of your post does not make it a valid post. Say what you guys want, I will not be posting in this thread again. I will make a new one when I have some numbers. You guys can bicker over whatever you choose. Enjoy

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Whatever you guys say, real tired of these forums. Its like babysitting children. That guy is a troll and always has been a troll, making one valid point to try to throw camo over the entire nature of your post does not make it a valid post. Say what you guys want, I will not be posting in this thread again. I will make a new one when I have some numbers. You guys can bicker over whatever you choose. Enjoy
    you realize he wasn't saying anything bad about your product?

he even said your continued tinkering was a GOOD thing

even without proof, i'm going to grab a set of your stage 2's without a doubt over RB's, when it comes time... but that doesn't change the fact that there probably won't be a '100% final' product for a long time...
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There are probably a few lurkers like me who don't contribute to the forum but we can be purchasers or are potential purchasers. Irregardless of accuracy or validity of posts the way things are said or the tone can make a difference as to whether someone will pull the trigger on a purchase (especially an expensive one) or feel confident in asking questions.

A vendor has to put themselves out there...definitely has their neck on the line but sometimes it might be best as a vendor to just take the high road and let some comments wash over. People aren't just buying a product they are buying a little bit of personality / professionalism as well.

I am waiting on Stage 2 turbos from Tony and have confidence that they'll be a great product but I am slightly deflated at the clashing in this thread. I guess there are semantics here that drive some people crazy.

I don't know the whole history of his posts but reading here doubt that vasillalov was really trying to work Tony over. Having a conversation online is tough - inflection is missing and choice of words aren't always taken as intended.

Still reaaallly looking forward to my turbos!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

lol, I actually had the definition in my original reply, but removed it to not sound like a deuche bag.

Whatever you guys say, real tired of these forums. Its like babysitting children.

lol, the irony! You are a mechanic. Stick to what you are good at. I don't need to educate you.

Bottom line - there is a ton of talk, there are no results and no real product available at this time. We look forward to results and wish you good luck.

Click here to enlarge
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

2008 E92 335i- HP: 423 TRQ: 453 - Sold
    Vishnu- Pocede
    Active Autowerke - Intercooler
    Active Autowerke - Charge pipe/BOV
    Active Autowerke - 3" Downpipes
    Active Autowerke - Signature Exhaust
    BMS -DCI

2014 F30 335i M Sport
    BMS- JB4 (EWG/E85/OBDII Canbus)
    BMS- Intake

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    These can't be Beta his other stage 2's were beta...these should be right onClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@vargas
    hows thing coming aalong can't wait Click here to enlarge
    Cobb tuned, spec2+, wavetrac, DCI, ARdp's, AA fmic, forge DV's, M3 links & Sways, bbs lm's, bunch of exterior mods, and one happy BMW driver

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marcvtec Click here to enlarge
    @vargas
    hows thing coming aalong can't wait Click here to enlarge
    Coming along great, already have a set on a race car that had RB's on it. He runs a road course tune and does not tune for peak power. After putting the batch 2's on he took the car to the dyno and it matched the RB's power with less timing, less boost, and quicker spool. I am told they will be tuning for peak power soon and results will be posted, he is also bringing the car to some events. Our shop car is in about 300 pieces, but should be back together this weekend with batch 2's in it. My goal for those is to try to break them, meaning push them as far as we can on straight E85, no meth. Should have results here soon. As far as shipping the orders we have, waiting on the flappers to come in again, same as last time. I wont be using this vendor again next go around, I am told 2 weeks or so to see them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Ill be curious to know what it makes on straight E85. I'm leaning towards running this setup coming up. Good luck.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Tony I'm sure your product will be awesome! You have kept us informed since you began with this platform. Thanks for the dedication to have a excellent product. That goes to the others pushing this platform also! When the dynos for the stage 2s get out, there will be quite a few questions answered!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blackshan Click here to enlarge
    Tony I'm sure your product will be awesome! You have kept us informed since you began with this platform. Thanks for the dedication to have a excellent product. That goes to the others pushing this platform also! When the dynos for the stage 2s get out, there will be quite a few questions answered!
    Got your pm but couldn't respond on my phone for some reason. Cobb tuning did install and about $1100 for turbo install.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jzeee037 Click here to enlarge
    Got your pm but couldn't respond on my phone for some reason. Cobb tuning did install and about $1100 for turbo install.
    $1100? That's cheap, I've talked to three shops, the one I'm going with is a good local guy who's gonna help me out, but the other two said it's a flat $1500. They said that price came from VTT. I think $1100 sounds more fair.

Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast