Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I don't really care about his dyno numbers, it's the gains I care about. I had my car pro tuned at efi logics, as @benzy89 said and his tune was night and day to it. Does his dyno read high? Maybe... Is his tune still gaining more hp/tq on his dyne than what you had before? Absolutely... His tune feels amazing.

I'll get numbers from his dyno when I get my stg 2 vtt's and then I'll go to a dynojet and see how it fairs...
    I don't think anybody doubts that. They shouldn't, Bren is great at what he does. What matters is the delta of course I think some people are just trying to put numbers in context. Different dynos always create this problem.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    People may be confusing shootout and shoot, there are shoot modes like shoot 8f etc. @evolve @imranevolve knows a lot about this...
    I'm not sure there is a difference. It seems the shoot_8 (or whatever) is the 'profile' you pick in shootout mode. Something to do with the ramp rates I believe. A bit more info. Seems you can pick whp or crank estimate when you start the run.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2155706
    PTF tuned by Dzenno | VRSF DP | VRSF 7" FMIC | BMS DCI | Berk Street catback

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks damn good to me. AFE intake, downpipes, at all four wheels:

http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...232877_n-1.jpg
    This is an interesting thread, and I've learned a lot about dynos ... however, I'm curious how 2 dynos can be run back-to-back, on the (I imagine) same machine and record using the exact same date/time??
    2009 535i Sport, Jet Black | Cobb Stage 2 ST Aggressive | Injen DCI | AR Downpipes | BMS Led Angel Eyes | BMS Thermostat | Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus
    1975 US Army (Retired)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Burnie35 Click here to enlarge
    This is an interesting thread, and I've learned a lot about dynos ... however, I'm curious how 2 dynos can be run back-to-back, on the (I imagine) same machine and record using the exact same date/time??
    Is it record same date/time or the date time when the program creates the image overlay? I'm not familiar with it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by foghat Click here to enlarge
    I'm not sure there is a difference. It seems the shoot_8 (or whatever) is the 'profile' you pick in shootout mode. Something to do with the ramp rates I believe. A bit more info. Seems you can pick whp or crank estimate when you start the run.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2155706
    Ok so different profiles that can change things as well.

I think there is one default shootout mode and the others we are talking about are different profiles and if you select those same profiles different dyno dynamics should match when using them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is it record same date/time or the date time when the program creates the image overlay? I'm not familiar with it.
    I sure don't know ... just about everything I know about dynos is from this thread ... it just seemed curious to me.
    2009 535i Sport, Jet Black | Cobb Stage 2 ST Aggressive | Injen DCI | AR Downpipes | BMS Led Angel Eyes | BMS Thermostat | Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus
    1975 US Army (Retired)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I don't really care about his dyno numbers, it's the gains I care about. I had my car pro tuned at efi logics, as @benzy89 said and his tune was night and day to it. Does his dyno read high? Maybe... Is his tune still gaining more hp/tq on his dyne than what you had before? Absolutely... His tune feels amazing.
    You got it BobS. Thanks!

I think last year when we all cruised to BimmerFest, people realized that my car was fast, not the fastest but very fast. Bob you even thought up until you came up for your tune this year, that I had upgraded turbos. People usually think the same thing.
    The run I had with LostMarine's car was good, I didn't win but I never fell back farther than his rear bumper. I think that was all due to LostMarine's DCT tranny, I row my own gears. I wish my car had DCT.
    This Dig or Roll event coming up, I'm hoping to make down as a spectator, if anyone else is going or wants to do some pulls with me...I'm always game.

Click here to enlarge
    Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by UsualSuspect Click here to enlarge
    You got it BobS. Thanks!

I think last year when we all cruised to BimmerFest, people realized that my car was fast, not the fastest but very fast. Bob you even thought up until you came up for your tune this year, that I had upgraded turbos. People usually think the same thing.
    The run I had with LostMarine's car was good, I didn't win but I never fell back farther than his rear bumper. I think that was all due to LostMarine's DCT tranny, I row my own gears. I wish my car had DCT.
    This Dig or Roll event coming up, I'm hoping to make down as a spectator, if anyone else is going or wants to do some pulls with me...I'm always game.

Nice! I'll be a spectator as well, should be fun!
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

shootout mode sounds useless as it can be manipulated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    How so? I am reading that as long as you pick the same profile (to match your engine and drive train) there is nothing the operator can do to change anything. Other than displaying wheel vs. crank hp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by foghat Click here to enlarge
    How so? I am reading that as long as you pick the same profile (to match your engine and drive train) there is nothing the operator can do to change anything. Other than displaying wheel vs. crank hp.
    choose the wrong profile on purpose and skew the results? it's better don't get me wrong.

Their own words " If a company does not adhere to these guidelines, and decides to employ "Operator Techniques" and manipulate theShootOut process, Dyno Dynamics will issue the company with a warning. After 3 warnings, the company loses their ShootOut Accreditation."

How the hell do they know when someone uses the operator techniques? The customer catches them or something?

It sounds to me they knew people complained left and right about how their dynos all read differently so they came up with this marketing fluff backed up by a lil software to try and win back customers who have switched to dynapacks.

"All ShootOut graph runs must be supervised by an accredited ShootOut scrutineer." What so you have to have someone from the company(or licensed by) there to verify the runs? Dyno time is expensive enough without having to have a 3rd party to verify nothing shady is going on.

Dunno still doesn't sound like they solved the problem. Why not just lock the dyno software or have it auto calibrate itself and send the auto calibrated results back to them to verify it is correctly set up?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Bottom line is, all these Dynos can be made to read just about whatever you want. Which is why a DynoJet has become the standard as its very hard to manipulate by more then a few WHP. No one is saying Bren is lying. At least not me, but it would be nice to just see these cars run on a dyno that we know cannot be skewed to produce what you want. But then again Bren isn't out there claiming WR every time he goes a little higher, so in the end, does it really matter?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

It can't be it just has different modes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

choose the wrong profile on purpose and skew the results?
    The profile is displayed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Bottom line is, all these Dynos can be made to read just about whatever you want. Which is why a DynoJet has become the standard as its very hard to manipulate by more then a few WHP. No one is saying Bren is lying. At least not me, but it would be nice to just see these cars run on a dyno that we know cannot be skewed to produce what you want. But then again Bren isn't out there claiming WR every time he goes a little higher, so in the end, does it really matter?
    I like the dynojet the most. Not sure why people say you can make those read whatever you want I see the least variance among them the main thing is usually the correction factor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

It can't be it just has different modes.
    Then why do you have to have a "accredited ShootOut scrutineer." for it to be valid? It's the company's own words.

Again in their own words you can employ " "Operator Techniques" and manipulate theShootOut process" & they hope that "Dyno Dynamics expect Dyno Operators to be honest and follow the required procedures in accordance with the ShootOut Agreement"

Sounds like more than just changing profiles.

From the NASIOC link: "In the future I will use shootout_44 for AWDClick here to enlarge cars and I do thank you for that bit. From what it appears I may have been understating power for AWD cars with the shootout mode graphs." This is a dyno operator admitting he has been using shootout mode incorrectly. All his dynos say they were in shootout mode so where was the accredited scrutineer?

Another: "When someone asks me for a shootout graph from dyno dynamics, i usually use a cf of .95. This will bring a typical 108-110mph stage 2 STi to a whopping 255whp, haha."

"My friend has a honda tuning shop, he never uses the shootout mode since it puts out ridiculously low numbers."
    Last edited by Torgus; 07-07-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Then why do you have to have a "accredited ShootOut scrutineer." for it to be valid? It's the company's own words.
    May have something to do with other modes or weather station manipulation?

Like I said @evolve and @Imranevolve can explain this so we don't have to speculate.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I read that too and was a bit confused. As it the shoot out mode info reads like you should not be able to adjust correction factors in shoot out mode. I dunno.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

I like the dynojet the most. Not sure why people say you can make those read whatever you want I see the least variance among them the main thing is usually the correction factor.
    Thats what I was saying. The Dynojet is the only one you cannot manipulate, even a mustang can me manipulated to read in your favor. This is most likely why the dynojet has become the standard.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Thats what I was saying. The Dynojet is the only one you cannot manipulate, even a mustang can me manipulated to read in your favor. This is most likely why the dynojet has become the standard.
    So really the Dynojet has the least variance? You can't really mess with it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I've seen a 20WHP difference between STD and SAE readings on a DJ... just throwing that out there.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    I've seen a 20WHP difference between STD and SAE readings on a DJ... just throwing that out there.
    Thats what I meant when I said you can manipulate by a few HP. Going through the different corrections can net you a little bump for sure. But you can't make them read super high like you can with the others.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Dynojets are only a standard here. Why. I don't know. More than likely its due to the leading n54/55 performance manufactures use them.

However just last week on 95 degree days with 80% humidity one of our Supras had a hard time keeping traction on our dyno. So we did a test.

Our Dyno= 798whp/560wtrq
    Mustang 500=749whp/596wtrq
    Dynojet=822whp/602wtrq

Who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dynos are tools not penis measuring sticks. If someone is really that curious as to how much whp their car makes. Scale it. Run it. Do the math. There are shops on this board that want to protect their "highest hp status". Personally we could care less. Were a little more along the lines of shut up, lets run. At the end of the day nothing else matters.

To this day I cannot understand the fascination of dyno results.

If car A made x hp/trq before modding or tuning, then was modded and or tuned and made x amount. The delta between the 2 is all that matters. Car "A" picked up 132 hp. YAY! We have progressed forward. Any dyno is going to show the percentage increase similarly.

The boards would be filled with much more useful data if everyone would please stop keyboard drag racing.

I am returning to my hole aka the dyno

See you guys next month or something

Garth
    Click here to enlarge
    I probably run as much boost as you do fuel pressure

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

A'men!!!!!

the % of people who talk about dynos to those who actually race on a track, mexico, dragstrip is like 15%

trap number is the only number that opens my eyes and i haven't seen any camp outside of BMS who have NUMBEROUS 122+ stock turbo traps...

not saying cobb cars wont bc they most def will but the users generally are more interested in posting how good the car feels or what it dynod instead of results.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercover Click here to enlarge
    Dynojets are only a standard here. Why. I don't know. More than likely its due to the leading n54/55 performance manufactures use them.

However just last week on 95 degree days with 80% humidity one of our Supras had a hard time keeping traction on our dyno. So we did a test.

Our Dyno= 798whp/560wtrq
    Mustang 500=749whp/596wtrq
    Dynojet=822whp/602wtrq

Who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dynos are tools not penis measuring sticks. If someone is really that curious as to how much whp their car makes. Scale it. Run it. Do the math. There are shops on this board that want to protect their "highest hp status". Personally we could care less. Were a little more along the lines of shut up, lets run. At the end of the day nothing else matters.

To this day I cannot understand the fascination of dyno results.

If car A made x hp/trq before modding or tuning, then was modded and or tuned and made x amount. The delta between the 2 is all that matters. Car "A" picked up 132 hp. YAY! We have progressed forward. Any dyno is going to show the percentage increase similarly.

The boards would be filled with much more useful data if everyone would please stop keyboard drag racing.

I am returning to my hole aka the dyno

See you guys next month or something

Garth
    Just want to point out that your signature should have a clause that excludes direct injected engines...
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast