Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    Looks good! How about someone with this tune logging VANOS, then the doubters will get their answer.

Most run around 110deg IIRC for exhaust... Retard this in the mid to 5500ish range, I bet you get a little more. Or adv the intake closer to 5.5k. or do both. But I always assumed Cobb did a lot of testing here... maybe not.
    Last time I checked the COBB Shelf Maps use the stock VANOS profile; I'm not sure if that's changed with Shelf Map updates. I posted an E85 Bren Tune data log & a lot of people were commenting that the Ignition Advance was "conservative" compared to what other people had traditional run.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Once brens numbers are backed up on a dynojet, they will get my respect.
    Bren's run his car on the DynaPack & a nearby DynoJet and said there was a max deviation of 5 WHP between the two. If you wanna pay for my dyno time, I have no problem getting on an "independent" dyno. BUT at this point I think we all need to get off the "DynoJet Numbers are the Only Respectable Numbers" Dick because Mike already illustrated how inconsistent they can read from one to the next. It's also pretty ironic that Mike even said DynaPacks are the "golden standard", followed by Mustangs.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

In all honesty I would love to see someone with Bren's tune either do a pull on a dyno, or have a video of them doing a pull with another car with similar mods and one of the major tunes (ex. FBO Jb4 running map 5 E85 with same mix and mods).

In Bren's defense, the delta is there... Definitely curious what he does to get all that power though. I'm picking up a cobb hopefully this weekend and going to try running JB4 ISO with BMS Backend flash. If it winds up not working I might try full standalone cobb and then go either PTF or Bren for a protune. If I decide to go Bren I can promise everyone dyno sheets on a dynojet afterwards
    Click here to enlarge < Click picture for photoshoot
    E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
    More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by psmith95 Click here to enlarge
    In all honesty I would love to see someone with Bren's tune either do a pull on a dyno, or have a video of them doing a pull with another car with similar mods and one of the major tunes (ex. FBO Jb4 running map 5 E85 with same mix and mods).
    Bren Tune FBO on 93 octane vs. BMS Tuned 550

If there's another JB4/COBB/PROcede FBO N54 (6AT) in the North Jersey area, break out the GoPro's & we can go for some runs. I was hoping to run at the DOR event (1/4 mile runs + roll racings), but I just don't have the cash flow right now.

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    http://youtu.be/2IP2SQj6-Oc

If there's another JB4/COBB/PROcede FBO N54 (6AT) in the North Jersey area, break out the GoPro's & we can go for some runs. I was hoping to run at the DOR event (1/4 mile runs + roll racings), but I just don't have the cash flow right now.
    Wow haven't seen that video... Anyone know what 550xi's make on the BMS tune? I'd imagine north of the 400whp range so if the 335 won by 4 car lengths maybe they really do put out what the dyno shows
    E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
    More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Dyno numbers don't mean much to me, go out and do a 1/4 mile run with a vbox and let us know what your trap speed is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Finally, thank you. Trap speeds don't lie, they don't need to be calibrated and they don't read hi or low.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

http://youtu.be/2IP2SQj6-Oc

Can you post any vids of you versus @Laloosh? We know what his 5.0 traps, and what a 460who 335 should trap...
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...Wa-bCmro#at=38

Not sure if this has been posted yet. I would have hoped for more HP if it has Vargas stage 2+ turbos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...Wa-bCmro#at=38

Not sure if this has been posted yet. I would have hoped for more HP if it has Vargas stage 2+ turbos.
    I dont see any references to upgraded turbos, i think he says stage 2+ based on the OTS cobb mapping "mods." There is no mention of fuel type, but i'm assuming that has to be E85. Wish these cars were local, would love to do some side-by-sides.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

^^^That 1M doesn't have upgraded turbos.
    Click here to enlarge
    Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I dont see any references to upgraded turbos, i think he says stage 2+ based on the OTS cobb mapping "mods." There is no mention of fuel type, but i'm assuming that has to be E85. Wish these cars were local, would love to do some side-by-sides.
    Sorry, lower line is 93 upper is 30-40% E85.

550 torque on stock turbos?

For what it is worth Brenn will be tuning my car in the future.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Wow haven't seen that video... Anyone know what 550xi's make on the BMS tune? I'd imagine north of the 400whp range so if the 335 won by 4 car lengths maybe they really do put out what the dyno shows

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...a)-coming-soon!

550i xdrive weighs north of 4500lbs...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jnat Click here to enlarge
    Finally, thank you. Trap speeds don't lie, they don't need to be calibrated and they don't read hi or low.
    Well... you can skew them to a degree. Run in 30 degree weather on the East Coast versus 90 degree in Arizona and tell me they don't lie.

Everything requires some interpretation.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

That 1M isn't running our turbos and 550WTQ on stock turbos? You guys do realize that's just not possible right? Those turbos are not physically capable of supporting that much power. So unless they are getting universe altering fringe events over there. I'm a bit skeptical of these numbers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    That 1M isn't running our turbos and 550WTQ on stock turbos? You guys do realize that's just not possible right? Those turbos are not physically capable of supporting that much power. So unless they are getting universe altering fringe events over there. I'm a bit skeptical of these numbers.
    That's fine, but the difference between the ots maps and Bren tune are real, the gains are what matter. We'll see what your stg 2 turbos do on his dyno, straight 93 , with my car
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

lol the N63 Stage1 is a JB+ style tune. It adds maybe 30hp. And a 550xi weights 4500#... Classic smoke and mirrors if trying to use that as a comparison for how great the 335 is running in that video. I think instead of making videos like that they should go do something completely off the wall crazy to prove its power output -- dyno it on a dynojet.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    lol the N63 Stage1 is a JB+ style tune. It adds maybe 30hp. And a 550xi weights 4500#... Classic smoke and mirrors if trying to use that as a comparison for how great the 335 is running in that video. I think instead of making videos like that they should go do something completely off the wall crazy to prove its power output -- dyno it on a dynojet.
    Ahh that makes more sense then.

Anyways still waiting to hear back from the guy with the cobb then i'll email you to try out that flash. Was hoping to have it yesterday but he hasn't been responding..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Yeah I mean, that's nuts to actually put the cars you claim are smashing every other tune on the same type of dyno everyone else is using. Just dyno one don't change anything and drive it over to a DJ. That will put all this to rest. I have no doubt the gains are very real, just not sure about the numbers at this point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by amclint Click here to enlarge
    Dyno numbers don't mean much to me, go out and do a 1/4 mile run with a vbox and let us know what your trap speed is.
    Can you post any vids of you versus Laloosh ? We know what his 5.0 traps, and what a 460who 335 should trap...
    He's still banned, but we unfortunately never got the chance to run accurately (we did one run 3 wide, but he even said he couldn't hear me honked & jumped just a bit)...

As for the track, I'm placing an order for Conti DWS' to get off my OEM RFTs that have 52k and are desperately in need of being replaced. After they're gone, I'll try to get to Atco and share the results.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    That 1M isn't running our turbos and 550WTQ on stock turbos
    It's an E40 blend. The 1M also benefits from having two dimensional fueling tables, so you can further fine tune and juice out a few more ponies.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

He's still banned, but we unfortunately never got the chance to run accurately (we did one run 3 wide, but he even said he couldn't hear me honked & jumped just a bit)...

As for the track, I'm placing an order for Conti DWS' to get off my OEM RFTs that have 52k and are desperately in need of being replaced. After they're gone, I'll try to get to Atco and share the results.

It's an E40 blend. The 1M also benefits from having two dimensional fueling tables, so you can further fine tune and juice out a few more ponies.
    I think you missed the entire point. The 1M uses the same stock turbos as all other N54's. I don't care if you are running straight E85, the stock turbos do not supply enough CFM to support that WTQ number. End of story.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I think you should choose your words more carefully and more important accurately. Negative rep isn't banned.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think you should choose your words more carefully and more important accurately. Negative rep isn't banned.
    I didn't look into it, I just saw he's still -10 so "banned" was the easiest thing to type.

I think you missed the entire point. The 1M uses the same stock turbos as all other N54's. I don't care if you are running straight E85, the stock turbos do not supply enough CFM to support that WTQ number. End of story.
    I think you're too lazy to actually look into how the car's making the power; taken straight from Bren's Dyno Database.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I didn't look into it, I just saw he's still -10 so "banned" was the easiest thing to type.
    Or most inflammatory.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

I think you're too lazy to actually look into how the car's making the power; taken straight from Bren's Dyno Database.

Click here to enlarge
    I think you are too stubborn to admit when numbers are suspect. I do not care if they are making 550 WTQ at 5 RPM. THE STOCK TURBOS CANNOT FLOW ENOUGH AIR TO SUPPORT THAT NUMBER. Not sure it can get anymore clear. You are another one that just likes to argue, put it on a DJ and make 550 WTQ and make us all eat our words. Pretty pretty pretty pretty simple.

That red graph is even better. 500 WTQ / 93 on stock turbos. Everyone Merlin is alive and he tunes for Bren. Get your cars over there STAT for magical numbers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    DynoJet or 1/4 mile otherwise its suspect BS.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast