Close

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    thanks, don't think i'm going anywhere soon... no one wants a modded car and not sure when I'll get the motivation to demod. Too hot anyway during the summer.

To add to my above post for @Josh@Cobb ... how about adding another decimal place in the p-factor table. This was brought to your attention many months ago. Come on guys.
    what is p-factor table? google only comes up with this thread lol
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It is the table for the P portion of the WGDC PID system. Its a table in ATR/ATP.
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge
    web | forum | blog | facebook | twitter | youtube

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Josh@Cobb Click here to enlarge
    It is the table for the P portion of the WGDC PID system. Its a table in ATR/ATP.
    ok so PID = proportional-integral-derivative?

P being the 'proportional' bit?

ok, fair enough.. used to control a part of WGCD function i guess?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Correct. The PID system is used to control the WGDC on top of the base WGDC table.
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge
    web | forum | blog | facebook | twitter | youtube

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    This dude proclaims open source, 150 cable, then talks to shiv and now has the nerve to tell others they were dreaming and others had high hopes? The same guy who said open source and then on launch date said well ok guys its not reaaally open source...who is this guy? lmfao people dont have these dreams about your product Robbinhood, you were the one setting those expectations very clearly until you made the 'big' announcement negating the way you hyped this up before release...shame, but for obvious theft of IP you could've at least tried to do better than this

I've never been one to support copy cats of other people's hard work and I certainly won't start now. Had this been truly innovative and not a rip off I'd be the first one to give it a blessing and consider it another tool worthy having in the toolbox if/when/where necessary.
    I don't think he ever specified any pricing on the cable.

And with that said, there's no harm in bringing whatever new product to the table you want. We will vote with our wallets when all is said and done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    uhhh.. so what happened to shiv's procede update today? Didn't he say he's releasing new maps and firmware on July 4th to coincide with the flash device thing?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    uhhh.. so what happened to shiv's PROcede update today? Didn't he say he's releasing new maps and firmware on July 4th to coincide with the flash device thing?
    The flash loader IS the PROcede update... Vishnu backend flash incoming lol
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I don't think he ever specified any pricing on the cable.

And with that said, there's no harm in bringing whatever new product to the table you want. We will vote with our wallets when all is said and done.
    No, you're right, he actually said a $15 cable:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rombinhood Click here to enlarge
    Right now i'm using a hacked $15 OBD2 diagnostic cable (from Amazon) with my Macbook. Although this is temporary. My short-term plan is do be able to do it all through a handheld device like a iphone or ipod. The screen resolution and touch sensitivity on those devices are so good (maybe I'm a little biased Click here to enlarge) that they can truly be substitute for a laptop when doing something as simple as map editing/flashing.
    I don't think I ever said or suggested there is harm in bringing out new products.

By the way, @themyst, coming out for bimmerfest east? I'd love to meet you
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    We want open source. He wants to pay his bills. We are facing a potential lose-lose situation that needs to be turned into win-win.
    He can't be the only guy who can deliver open source at least I would hope not.

I hate having to dangle carrots in front of him to get what should already be there.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    No, you're right, he actually said a $15 cable:

I don't think I ever said or suggested there is harm in bringing out new products.

By the way, @themyst , coming out for bimmerfest east? I'd love to meet you
    I never suggested you did, that was a comment I was making on my own. And no, I am not going to bimmerfest. Too far a drive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    It's preexisting hardware they are reselling. With a 320x240 resolution I don't see how anyone can refer to it as a tablet. It's a hardware based flash device.
    Wish we could get something like Banks Power iQ. That thing looks nice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who is this Lunatic Fringe dumbass? LOL.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    take a look at his previous posts (there aren't many), and you'll know Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    These same people also think E90 is open and free so no wonder they apply the same logic to this "open" tuning.
    $#@!. This. I was going to finish reading through this thread before posting but you nailed it.

First Rombinhood posts this:

I understand your frustration about expectations. Part of the problem here is that much of the expectations placed on this product came from comments and assumptions made by people who have no involvement in this product. I remained quiet because that is what you do when you are in the development process. The evolution of this product is well documented for the most part.

First, I developed a programming cable and simple interface. The user would have to do all the map finding/editing themselves through a laptop. That was the original plan. Unfortunately, we started getting threats from some companies which we didn't exactly ignore. Our goal was not to ruin a competitive market.

People make their living doing this stuff and I can understand their issues with it being giving it away for free. But I also felt that there was an inequality between what the market deserved and what was currently available. So our focus tuned from making low dollar, no-frills cable into something a bit more in-line with existing products. But at substantially lower price, with added functionality and with lot of room to grow. This meant adopting a hardware platform that can support the features we wanted to offer (data graphing/viewing/generous storage capacity/and so on.) And the rest is history.
    Then a page or 2 later he must have forgotten he posted that and posted this - finally coming clean he is in it for the money. Which is fine, I don't care. Thing is, he makes on like this was always the original plan.

This will be the last time I address something non-product related because it's really a waste of everyone else's time and frankly it has no bearing on how your car drives Click here to enlarge Never did I intend to or state that I will open source the firmware to my programming device. Having spent years using was is commonly referred to as "open source" products in the tuning world (not to computer world), I defined open source as the ability to have full access to your DME rom. Just like thousands of other people who use such devices.

It was others who made incorrect assumptions and attempted to urge us into spending our time on something and then to give it away for free. I don't tell you to go to work for free. So please don't tell me. I have a family. I have bills. I have a love for cars which makes me do what I do when I know that I can be better compensated for my abilities elsewhere. If presented with the opportunity to start small business where I provide a high-value product at a low price and make a little bit of profit while having fun doing so, I'll do it. It only helps the market and improves the breed of product.

And then started this very ridiculous blame game where the same people who made erroneous assumptions started to attack me (and Shiv too) about some "change" in product direction. What change? It's all quite silly and has no basis in fact. Yet it provides drama for those people who thrive off of it. So let's this be the end of it. For those few who are upset for whatever reason, it's best that you get over it and move on. Your tune will still work in your car as it has always done. The presence of a new option should not have an effect on you or anyone else who doesn't choose to use it.

Now time for some real fireworks! Click here to enlarge
    The big change obviously being moving from low dollar, no-frills cable that anyone with a laptop could used to it is now locked to a proprietary device.

Someone called him on this, the post was deleted. I posted wondering why the post was deleted as the post was very valid and was essentially using Rombinhood's own words against himself. I suggested maybe it was because he was a supporting vendor (or soon will be) and that I thought e90 police were ridiculous. I pretty much expected my post to get killed. It was the speed with which it died that surprised me. I swear, it was deleted not 2 minutes after being posted.

Needless to say, from now on I will be spending more time here and at 1addicts - even though it is a sister forum, everyone seems much less childish there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Josh@Cobb have you guys had any luck with on the fly map switching, Launch control, No Lift Shift or power limiting by speed/gear? Would be nice to see these released if they are possible on the DME. Then they wouldn't be able to say the knock off does everything that the AP does.
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by foghat Click here to enlarge

Someone called him on this, the post was deleted. I posted wondering why the post was deleted as the post was very valid and was essentially using Rombinhood's own words against himself.
    lol about 2-3 pages worth of posts were removed from that thread.

anything he doesn't have a valid retort for gets removed.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Then a page or 2 later he must have forgotten he posted that and posted this - finally coming clean he is in it for the money. Which is fine, I don't care. Thing is, he makes on like this was always the original plan.
    Simply out of principle is there nobody in the community who can squash this and open it up as intended? Thereby giving the community what it believed it was getting and secondly punishing this robbinghood character for now holding people hostage and not delivering what he helped hype? It's basically betrayal for dollars.

The big change obviously being moving from low dollar, no-frills cable that anyone with a laptop could used to it is now locked to a proprietary device.
    This is my main point of contention as well unless I'm missing something?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol about 2-3 pages worth of posts were removed from that thread.

anything he doesn't have a valid retort for gets removed.
    That's a great way to have a discussion forum. Scratch that, great way to have a marketplace disguised as a discussion forum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i'd say start your own thread discussing the product so they can't claim you're trolling and cluttering up the "official" one, but you'll probably just get banned.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i'd say start your own thread discussing the product so they can't claim you're trolling and cluttering up the "official" one, but you'll probably just get banned.
    Banned and thread deleted, lost cause. Best thing to do is talk where... you can talk and others on the platform do the same.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Ya, I knew shiv kinda ran e90 to a certain degree. but I have never seen such deliberate post deletions on this scale. It is pathetic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ya, I knew shiv kinda ran e90 to a certain degree. but I have never seen such deliberate post deletions on this scale. It is pathetic.
    Oh this is nothing. You should see what happens in topics that originate here people try to discuss there. So invasive it would make the NSA blush.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @shiv@vishnu and @adrian@vishnu sure are spending a lot of time in this thread. Go look at some fireworks guys... damn.

Oh wait, the fireworks are in here aren't they?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As an aside. Am I missing something? How come it seems I can only 'reply with quote' on my own posts? I see no reply with quote option on any other posts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    shivatvishnu and adrianatvishnu sure are spending a lot of time in this thread. Go look at some fireworks guys... damn.

Oh wait, the fireworks are in here aren't they?
    This is tonight's entertainment. Now please, back to your 4th of July OpenFlash discussion... damn Click here to enlarge

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast