Close

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I've been lurking here on Bimmerboost for a few months, mainly just drooling over the Vargas turbo upgrades. I regular on one of the other 1er forums since I sold my STI and bought my 1er about two years ago. I'm a software engineer by day writing primarily in C# .Net for enterprise data processing, reporting in SQL and Oracle, some file parsing stuff.

Here's the post regarding the SD hack I did. PV=nRT in pure SuperH ASM! (I can't post proper links, you'll have to figure it out)
    dub dub dub, romraider.com/forum/topic2947.html

It's been a long time since I've messed with it, but I used IDA Pro along with the Renesas/Hitatchi hardware and software manuals right off the Renesas website to disassemble code, painstakingly marking code, naming memory addresses and whatnot, sometimes tracing wiring diagrams to sensors, then back to the DA pins, then to the registers in code. I never touched comms or reflashing algorithm, but I wouldn't mind trying. One of my coworkers started messing with J2534 and sent some of his findings over, though I have yet to get motivated on it myself. I'd love to dive into it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Freon Click here to enlarge
    I've been lurking here on Bimmerboost for a few months, mainly just drooling over the Vargas turbo upgrades. I regular on one of the other 1er forums since I sold my STI and bought my 1er about two years ago. I'm a software engineer by day writing primarily in C# .Net for enterprise data processing, reporting in SQL and Oracle, some file parsing stuff.

Here's the post regarding the SD hack I did. PV=nRT in pure SuperH ASM! (I can't post proper links, you'll have to figure it out)

It's been a long time since I've messed with it, but I used IDA Pro along with the Renesas/Hitatchi hardware and software manuals right off the Renesas website to disassemble code, painstakingly marking code, naming memory addresses and whatnot, sometimes tracing wiring diagrams to sensors, then back to the DA pins, then to the registers in code. I never touched comms or reflashing algorithm, but I wouldn't mind trying. One of my coworkers started messing with J2534 and sent some of his findings over, though I have yet to get motivated on it myself. I'd love to dive into it.
    That's enough for me, come on in.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

www.romraider.com/forum/topic2947.html

Initially, this is going to be development for comms and flashing routines. The tuning aspect of this will come later I'm sure, once this part is figured out. Being that its open source, anyone will be able to progress it forward at that point.

You have been given access to the subforum, which is at the top once you enter the N54 forum.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've been lurking on Bimmerboost for a few months, mainly just drooling over the Vargas turbo upgrades. I regular on one of the other 1er forums since I sold my STI and bought my 1er about two years ago. I'm a software engineer by day writing primarily in C# .Net for enterprise data processing, reporting in SQL and Oracle, some file parsing stuff.

Hey man, good to see you over here. I don't know if you remember me or not from 1addicts but I remember you.
    This is a very sharp guy^
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What is with all this good Karma lately?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Maybe its because I posted this on the N5X Facebook page Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe. I thought it was the BMW community finally paying me back for all my years of service. I guess when that happens it will include a parade and fireworks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe. I thought it was the BMW community finally paying me back for all my years of service. I guess when that happens it will include a parade and fireworks.
    Paying you back? Pshhh, we do that every day by being here lol.

Hey, who wants to make an open source car forum....
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I hope sticky is crossing the IPs of all these new members against competetors.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    95% of the guys on the forums want the best for the community anyway. It's just far too often we let personal allegiances/opinions get in the way(especially if a polarizing figure gets involved.) However, when we have something like this we can all do a small part in to help and move forward.I'm just happy as hell to be able to play even a TINY role in this project, the guys working on this are freaking amazing and it's cool to see this moving along. Even more so when you consider this may be the first truly "open source" tuning platform ever.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    95% of the guys on the forums want the best for the community anyway. It's just far too often we let personal allegiances/opinions get in the way(especially if a polarizing figure gets involved.) However, when we have something like this we can all do a small part in to help and move forward.I'm just happy as hell to be able to play even a TINY role in this project, the guys working on this are freaking amazing and it's cool to see this moving along. Even more so when you consider this may be the first truly "open source" tuning platform ever.
    Actually, I think that Subaru did in fact have a completely open source tune, I stand corrected after digging up some more information. Their flashing routines and all were exposed if I remember what I read correctly. So we may not be first, but it will be first to this platform.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so I was banned from e90post again for asking shiv if he feels it is safe to be staring at a tablet while doing high speed WOT pulls.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv
    Right now, you can determine boost overshoot/throttle closure by just looking at the realtime data screen. We've positioned the active bar graphs for actual throttle, boost target and boost to be next to each other. And scaled them so that, at WOT, the bars will move to the same position. So if you get overshoot, throttle closure, etc,. it it will be very obvious even at a glance.

It's a bit more convenient than having to log to the device and view later with laptop. But that option is coming soon too.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Funny how hard Shiv is trying to work "tablet" sales. He's flopping on so many of his previous (inflammatory) statements regarding flash tuning I can't even keep count. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    he's trying really hard to downplay data logging.

if you notice, on his website for the product description, ETA on logging has now changed to "a few weeks"
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    While the first ban I could understand, since I wasn't exactly tactful, banning me again for a simple on topic question regarding his stance on safety made me a bit angry.

I sent an e-mail to the admin @ bimmerpost, but I do not expect a reply.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by My email
    Hi,

I do enjoy your forum, but I feel I am being treated very unfairly with this recent ban.

What part of my post do you feel was trolling or off topic? Do you not think my question was legitimate? Is it not a little bit odd that he would basically recommend that people stare at his tablet in real time while driving (at any speed)? What if someone takes his advice and endangers the life of themselves and others?

Please read the quotes over in context and reconsider my ban.

Thank you
    -Christopher
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't really push the limits there. Either way, the only thing you lose on that forum is the classifieds.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    he's trying really hard to downplay data logging.

if you notice, on his website for the product description, ETA on logging has now changed to "a few weeks"
    LOL, predictable.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Telling people to stare at the tablet's realtime data at WOT in lieu of real data logging is just plain idiotic, especially when you know most of your client base is going to be doing this on the street/highway. That's like telling people it's ok to glance through their text messages.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    While the first ban I could understand, since I wasn't exactly tactful, banning me again for a simple on topic question regarding his stance on safety made me a bit angry.

I sent an e-mail to the admin @ bimmerpost, but I do not expect a reply.
    There may be a pretty big shift soon just sit tight. Things are getting interesting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You must not drive general motors vehicles. They have been open source since before the STI existed. Just saying. I helped disassemble a few code masks in highschool, and the flashing can be done with cables you solder together out of speaker wire if you wanted to, or directly with a chip adapter and $30 willem eprom burner, the same one you use for bios flashing and other stuff. Let's not even talk about 1g and 2g dsm's that were also open source to the right people (a Yahoo group that was active in '99) so yeah. Just saying, this isn't novel. But it is about time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Telling people to stare at the tablet's realtime data at WOT in lieu of real data logging is just plain idiotic, especially when you know most of your client base is going to be doing this on the street/highway. That's like telling people it's ok to glance through their text messages.
    I genuinely can't wrap my head around what's going on with the tablet. Will they ship BEFORE data logging is enabled? If so, how the hell are you supposed to actually tune the car?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyway with a cable, if you guys want to use tunerpro RT (not the base version like "openflash" does, still freeware), it should be relatively easy to enable datalogging. Just need the communications protocols, it's all customizable and the dev is friendly if you need something added.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I genuinely can't wrap my head around what's going on with the tablet. Will they ship BEFORE data logging is enabled? If so, how the hell are you supposed to actually tune the car?
    You're supposed to buy an etune from shiv or just use it for his backend flash. The procede does logging so it's probably not a priority to him. I'm losing interest in the tablet, think I'll wait to see what happens here. What's it take to get access so I can help out?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    You must not drive general motors vehicles. They have been open source since before the STI existed. Just saying. I helped disassemble a few code masks in highschool, and the flashing can be done with cables you solder together out of speaker wire if you wanted to, or directly with a chip adapter and $30 willem eprom burner, the same one you use for bios flashing and other stuff. Let's not even talk about 1g and 2g dsm's that were also open source to the right people (a Yahoo group that was active in '99) so yeah. Just saying, this isn't novel. But it is about time.
    Looks like i was way off base with the "first" bit LOL. Although, of the 5-6 guys I know that tune GMs none of them use open source software.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks like i was way off base with the "first" bit LOL. Although, of the 5-6 guys I know that tune GMs none of them use open source software.
    I feel like the reason we don't see more open source is so the power (profit) can be left in the hands of a few. Open source would change everything.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast