Close

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    You're supposed to buy an etune from shiv or just use it for his backend flash. The procede does logging so it's probably not a priority to him. I'm losing interest in the tablet, think I'll wait to see what happens here. What's it take to get access so I can help out?
    Well right now we are trying to identify project members that we can assign coding tasks to. This assignment is pending a couple things that will develop over the next week. We had spoken and you are more tuning oriented, and we aren't really there yet. But once we get the flashing going, I don't see why everyone can't chip in on whatever other features this thing turns out to have.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Looks like i was way off base with the "first" bit LOL. Although, of the 5-6 guys I know that tune GMs none of them use open source software.
    Yeah hptuners kinda took over, but it's out there. Code59.org and diyefi get into it on occasion, ls1tech has a handful of open source guys, but since there's no vendors it's difficult for forums to dedicate too much time to it, and since no one makes money off it support is limited to those in the community experienced. The evo crowd adopted it nicely though. Dsm guys sometimes don't even realize there are alternatives to dsmlink that are virtually free.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    You're supposed to buy an etune from shiv or just use it for his backend flash. The procede does logging so it's probably not a priority to him. I'm losing interest in the tablet, think I'll wait to see what happens here. What's it take to get access so I can help out?
    Shiv is making free OTS maps for all the various stages and e30/e50 fuel mix maps, he is not just providing his procede "backend flash". Logging is a big priority for the people working on the tablet, and it is currently very much in development and should be ready soon.
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    Shiv is making free OTS maps for all the various stages and e30/e50 fuel mix maps, he is not just providing his procede "backend flash". Logging is a big priority for the people working on the tablet, and it is currently very much in development and should be ready soon.
    Oh the maps are free?

now we understand why it moved from open source to a 400$ tablet Click here to enlarge
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

@jpsimon, since you have the procede. Did you log the OTS map?
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

No I was running the procede in map 0. This "stage 1" map is conservative compared to what I'm normally used to running so I wasn't concerned. It was really just a boost control test, and on that front it seems very solid and very versatile.
    335xi (sold)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

No I was running the procede in map 0. This "stage 1" map is conservative compared to what I'm normally used to running so I wasn't concerned. It was really just a boost control test, and on that front it seems very solid and very versatile.
    I see! good to know.

is it anyway possible to log only the flash with the procede?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

You need to be out of map 0 to log with the procede if i remember correctly. So unless you took a procede map and basically stripped it down to nothing just so you could be out of map 0 while running a full flashed map, i don't think it would be possible. I don't plan on doing that though as logging on the tablet itself will be coming soon
    335xi (sold)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

JP, you can log the direct channels anytime… Boost, WGDC, rpm, throttle. At least you’ll understand the boost profile. Can’t see CAN though.

All this negative about openflash, but we basically have "open" tuning at least. The flash time is a killer for me as this really disrupts experimenting and I hope datalogging is not far out. Pretty awesome that this spurred true open source activities. Whatever "logic" is developed in opensource could be easily written by openflash I would think. So good stuff all around!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

They're working on getting flash time down to 1-2 minutes, where they write only to specific tables. For launch they're just being safe and sticking to writing the entire thing.

Josh can you log those channels even when on map 0?
    335xi (sold)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

yes, on map0 you can.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    All our OTS maps, including the ProcedeFlash backend map, is free and available to all users Click here to enlarge
    Datalogging is coming along quite nicely too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

edit: Nvm

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just ordered mine! I'm going to try it with the JB4 disabled first. I'll get back to you with a short review comparing the 2 tunes when it comes in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Wonder how post shift timing on AT cars gonna look like on the openflash for IJEOS dme.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Hope to see mine in the mail tomorrow. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Josh@Cobb Click here to enlarge
    I can certainly add a decimal place to that table. In fact, if anyone really wants this, I should be able to send you a new xml next week. Its much easier for me to send out a couple xmls than it is to re-compile every version of ATR. Plus I'm willing to bet there are probably only about 5 people that would want to change that table. All you have to do is email me...
    There are 3D fuel scalars in some roms, you're correct. It depends on how BMW set them up. I can create 3d scalars for the other roms, but they would be unpopulated and it would take quite a bit of work for the end user to get them dialed in. I can work on adding this stuff, for sure.

As for the 18.5 psi boost limit, that is due to the logic in the DME. Yes we have some test code that raises this, but its a huge project and isn't done. Also, open source or not, you'll never be able to raise that value without changing the operating system of the DME. Its not a just a table change.
    Josh, we need 3D fuel scalars for the I890S DME! I think I'm the first one using a COBB w/ single turbo, and I need more control over the fuel trims.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    Josh, we need 3D fuel scalars for the I890S DME! I think I'm the first one using a COBB w/ single turbo, and I need more control over the fuel trims.
    Send me an email and we can try to figure out how quick I can make that happen.
    josh.dankel@cobbtuning.com
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge
    web | forum | blog | facebook | twitter | youtube

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Has anyone implicated 2 step/ launch control into their maps?
    08 135i | Alpine White | 6 Speed | M Sports pkg |
    | Berger Intake | Code 3 intercooler | Riss 3 inch Dps | Berk Exhaust | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Euro 1M/LCI Headlights | BMS OCC | Drag DR-37 18X8 ET 40 | 245/35R-18 Kumho Ecsta XS |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mattgfx Click here to enlarge
    Has anyone implicated 2 step/ launch control into their maps?
    for now, those features would require an additional hardware item (procede, WOT box, etc). give OF and open source a few months of development, however, they may be able to edit the DME logic to incorporate additional features like that

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516