Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aphroti Click here to enlarge
    i think when the N54 reach its warranty deadline there will be some crazy mod.
    Great point! and car prices will drop Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    I'm strictly focusing on built motors for power; but because there aren't any customer cars there yet or any forum known built N54s. Also the Vargas Stage 3 kit that powered the most powerful N54 still hasn't been released to the public. Chances are Shiv's car will probably be the 1st to have a build motor for their twin scroll setup.

Bottom line, the N54 still hasn'thit the limitations of the stock motor components or stock compression, so why (besides peace of mind) change anything?
    This is a big one, but room to grow is what comes to mind for me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm strictly focusing on built motors for power; but because there aren't any customer cars there yet or any forum known built N54s. Also the Vargas Stage 3 kit that powered the most powerful N54 still hasn't been released to the public. Chances are Shiv's car will probably be the 1st to have a build motor for their twin scroll setup.

Bottom line, the N54 still hasn'thit the limitations of the stock motor components or stock compression, so why (besides peace of mind) change anything?
    I think you're putting far too much emphasis on some peak figures fit for bragging rights. When customers are out on the streets daily driving and running at the strip at those power levels we'll revisit. I like your optimism but don't share it.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think you're putting far too much emphasis on some peak figures fit for bragging rights. When customers are out on the streets daily driving and running at the strip at those power levels we'll revisit. I like your optimism but don't share it.
    Sounds a lot like your unfinished build
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol sticky hates N54's Click here to enlarge

hugs sticky

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Alright, so I'm pretty new to the n54 scene, had my car for a month now (09' e92, le mans blue or w/e they call it, 39k miles 6at) and finishing off FBO this weekend (thank you ETS!). I did a lot of research before purchasing, and am still researching turbo upgrade kits and what issues/weaknesses the car might have that I may need to upgrade (fuel delivery for example, clutch in 6MT I know, but I have AT so no worries there). Or is there? That is one of my questions.

1) approximately what kind of power can one expect to push through the n54 motor and trans before needing any upgrades? I've heard 700? If so, how come only a handful pushing close to that seem to exist?

450Whp on stock frame turbo's, Transmissions are known to start slipping here.

2) what kind of motor upgrades would be needed to push say 800,900, or even a 1000 HP through this car? (Please include trans)

Rod's / Pistons full build. Look at my boring and sleeving thread.

3) I have only seen a couple people ever use nitrous on the n54, how come? Isn't this motor capable of holding extreme temperatures? Or at least higher than average running temps?

Lack of fueling options, would need to make a multi stage system.

4) what is the current most powerful n54? I believe Vargas holds record for most powerful stock motor at 723hp or something like that, what about non stock motor?

725whp VTT stage 3's

5) other parts of concern even launching FBO with 400hp, what about drive/half shaft?

Nope you're good on stock frame turbo's, brake boost the $#@! out of it and have fun.

Thanks in advance, I feel like n54 has huge potential, and many seem to say it does, but if most powerful n54 is only 700hp, I'm not that impressed, for about $9k, yeah impressed, but if thats all its got, then what? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Op - you did research and didn't find that the AT is a huge limiting factor in going for big power with the n54? Where did you research?

If your going for big power, you'll want a 6mt to start with. I'd say you'll see some nicely built, upgraded turbo cars by the end of this year. It seems there are a few getting built right now.

I'm flat out amazed at what the n54 can do in stock form.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

6 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    1jz 2jz
    No.

To make that much power on either of those motors requires a new fuel system and a way to control it (alphabet soup or ECU upgrades plus sensors). It'd also be a good idea to upgrade the IM and cams if you want to extend the powerband on the 2jz (it would not have the same powerband as the N54 due to slower spooling -- would need to extend the rpm limit).

S54...
    700whp on stock motor, stock fuel, stock intake, stock ECU? No.

Don't get mad, but Tony set the qualifiers here; and he has a point. Considering one can slap on some parts and only need a flash tune and a better fuel pump to make >700whp is pretty impressive for such a tiny engine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    No.

To make that much power on either of those motors requires a new fuel system and a way to control it (alphabet soup or ECU upgrades plus sensors). It'd also be a good idea to upgrade the IM and cams if you want to extend the powerband on the 2jz (it would not have the same powerband as the N54 due to slower spooling --.
    glad I'm not alone in that assessment Click here to enlarge repped for truth lol
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    No.

To make that much power on either of those motors requires a new fuel system and a way to control it (alphabet soup or ECU upgrades plus sensors). It'd also be a good idea to upgrade the IM and cams if you want to extend the powerband on the 2jz (it would not have the same powerband as the N54 due to slower spooling -- would need to extend the rpm limit).

Don't get mad, but Tony set the qualifiers here; and he has a point. Considering one can slap on some parts and only need a flash tune and a better fuel pump to make >700whp is pretty impressive for such a tiny engine.
    People are just mad that their 4.0L V8 couldn't even do it without being built. J/K.... kind of... not really Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by justohigh Click here to enlarge
    People are just mad that their 4.0L V8 couldn't even do it without being built. J/K.... kind of... not really Click here to enlarge
    Until we see a Vargas Stage 3 run & beat an 625/650 BHP supercharged E9x M3, the bolt-on supercharged M3 is still a better performance car for stock motors.

COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No.

Yes. Did you see the link I posted? Dousn't matter, it's still a stock motor that made 1000+whp.

Also, the S65 is still king. +1 Benzy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds a lot like your unfinished build
    Not really considering built motor S65's have undergone track day testing so sounds more like you reaching.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What do you mean no? It can't be the stock intake as the plastic manifold isn't designed for boost. Other than that, yes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes. Did you see the link I posted? Dousn't matter, it's still a stock motor that made 1000+whp.

Also, the S65 is still king. +1 Benzy.
    Perhaps you need to read? There is not a 2jz making >700whp on the stock fuel system. The stock 555cc injectors will only flow enough for about 500whp on pure 93. Past that point you better upgrade or you're just a ticking time bomb. And the stock 2JZ-GTE fuel rail sucks, it's side-feed and doesn't flow very well; making an upgraded fuel rail necessary as well. Good luck controlling that without a standalone ECU.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What do you mean no? It can't be the stock intake as the plastic manifold isn't designed for boost. Other than that, yes.
    Not stock fuel either.

FWIW, when I say stock fuel I don't mean a fuel pump; that's pretty much a given for any platform. But MOST cars shooting for >700whp need a new fuel rail, fuel injectors, and FPR at the least plus the tuning to handle it. (on the 2jz, the alphabet soup only goes so far, it will still drive like $#@! -- you need a standalone ECU).

Like I said, Tony set the qualifiers and you all are whiffing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Perhaps you need to read? There is not a 2jz making >700whp on the stock fuel system. The stock 555cc injectors will only flow enough for about 500whp on pure 93. Past that point you better upgrade or you're just a ticking time bomb. And the stock 2JZ-GTE fuel rail sucks, it's side-feed and doesn't flow very well; making an upgraded fuel rail necessary as well. Good luck controlling that without a standalone ECU.
    It's still stock INTERNALS, that was the whole point. No need to be so hostile.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not stock fuel either.

FWIW, when I say stock fuel I don't mean a fuel pump; that's pretty much a given for any platform. But MOST cars shooting for >700whp need a new fuel rail, fuel injectors, and FPR at the least plus the tuning to handle it. (on the 2jz, the alphabet soup only goes so far, it will still drive like $#@! -- you need a standalone ECU).

What injectors did HPF use?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's still stock INTERNALS, that was the whole point. No need to be so hostile.
    Exactly. You can't handicap a car because it doesn't come with direct injection that necessitates different/larger injectors due to the pressure at which fuel needs to be injected and the injection window. Different fuel setups not apples to apples.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not stock fuel either.

Whiffing? What are you talking about? That's amusing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just wish ProEFI would $#@! or get off the pot. until then.. i got 99 problems and the fuel system is 98 of them

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    I just wish ProEFI would $#@! or get off the pot. until then.. i got 99 problems and the fuel system is 98 of them
    Lol. Or just one problem: Fuel Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think it's more of a side project for them that they work on whenever it doesn't feel like they are pressing for it at all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think it's more of a side project for them that they work on whenever it doesn't feel like they are pressing for it at all.
    seems that way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    seems that way.
    Other platforms are easier it is what it is. I'd just like to see if they can even do it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Exactly. You can't handicap a car because it doesn't come with direct injection that necessitates different/larger injectors due to the pressure at which fuel needs to be injected and the injection window. Different fuel setups not apples to apples.
    Well this sure spun out of control fast. But to be clear, I stand by what I said. Stock motor, stock injectors, stock fuel lines, etc etc 700+ WHP very impressive. Stock motor, full aftermarket fuel system and stand alone ECU. Not nearly as much.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast