Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lifter ticking

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Does it sound like it is coming from under the intake manifold/TB area? I think it may be an EVAP solenoid/valve IIRC. That is what this turned out to be for my car. Mine went away when revving and was also intermittent.
    2008 335I E92, AW, VFF700, 18" Forgestar F14, M3 front/side, M-tech rear, AMS IC, H&R Touring Cup Kit suspension, HID AE, ER Charge Pipe & Synapse BOV, CIC Retrofit, Quafie, DSS, Defiv Lockdown, SPEC 2+/Steel SMFW, Walbro 450

2. #ADS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mikolo-n54 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    thanks for input... pressure converters do you have a part #?
    http://www.ecstuning.com/ES2581173/

that's a link to where I got my replacements. I had a thread on a misfire issue I was having where I found this old piggyback hooked up to the car...the shenanigans that ensued is documented here http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...yeah-sad-panda

One thing you could try is pull the vacuum lines off the accumulation tanks up front. If you follow the lines from the solenoids towards the passenger side/front of the car they'll each end up plugged into a black cylinder. When I had my issue, pulling off one of the lines while the car was running would eliminate the hum i was getting from the solenoid. That was a super quick way of isolating the problem. It takes like 3 seconds to do so on the off chance your issue is related to the vacuum system/pressure converters it might be worth it to check it out.
    COME AT ME BRO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TCW Click here to enlarge
    Does it sound like it is coming from under the intake manifold/TB area? I think it may be an EVAP solenoid/valve IIRC. That is what this turned out to be for my car. Mine went away when revving and was also intermittent.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqed7Q7TJmo
    that seems pretty spot on with whats happening. What part # did you replace?
    08 328i, totaled by women driver
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

that seems pretty spot on with whats happening. What part # did you replace?
    From what I gathered it is normal. Hasn't given me any problems. I will see if I can find it on realoem again if you want to replace anyway.
    2008 335I E92, AW, VFF700, 18" Forgestar F14, M3 front/side, M-tech rear, AMS IC, H&R Touring Cup Kit suspension, HID AE, ER Charge Pipe & Synapse BOV, CIC Retrofit, Quafie, DSS, Defiv Lockdown, SPEC 2+/Steel SMFW, Walbro 450

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Not a 100% sure, but I think it is the valve that attaches to this bracket (11617556333) http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...73&hg=11&fg=40

This MAY be it, http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...79&hg=13&fg=15

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Not a 100% sure, but I think it is the valve that attaches to this bracket (11617556333) http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...73&hg=11&fg=40

This MAY be it, http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...79&hg=13&fg=15
    Thanks! Good to know what part is failing, although I probably won't replace it if i does nothing to performance...
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I came across a couple threads on the other forum about it and they all said it is normal and a new one will do the same (the person was told this by a SA.)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I came across a couple threads on the other forum about it and they all said it is normal and a new one will do the same (the person was told this by a SA.)
    Now I'm starting to feel like its weird my car didn't do this for 73k miles. I've had almost every n54 issue since i picked it up 2 years ago except turbos and pulley.
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Now I'm starting to feel like its weird my car didn't do this for 73k miles. I've had almost every n54 issue since i picked it up 2 years ago except turbos and pulley.
    Maybe you just didn't notice it? You may want to look into the others advice just in case.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Maybe you just didn't notice it? You may want to look into the others advice just in case.
    Update I was taking off the cowel to empty oil catch can and I noticed the diverter valve after the intake toward intake manifold was completely off. I'm wondering if that has something to do with the noise and if it did any damage as it was probably off for a while. Its crazy I got no codes...
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

If it was still attached to the CP then it was just acting as a BOV and should be fine. Although the hole in the pipe was letting in unfiltered air, but as long as you fix it now you're good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

If it was still attached to the CP then it was just acting as a BOV and should be fine. Although the hole in the pipe was letting in unfiltered air, but as long as you fix it now you're good.
    cool i fixed it, also for the last 2 days the ticking has completely dissipated? Hopefully it stays that way.
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12