Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm curious does the pricing come out cheaper this way?
    much cheaper...$400 in resonators..$100 in tips...$300 in labor.
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    much cheaper...$400 in resonators..$100 in tips...$300 in labor.
    Very interesting....

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That sounds great Rob. Good work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Very interesting....
    If I get the SS piping (don't think it is needed) it would be $1300 more lol!
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    That sounds great Rob. Good work.
    Thanks, I appreciate that!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    sounds good Rob! Let's get some WOT clips Click here to enlarge haha. Did you ever try running straight pipes without the resonators??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Marz Click here to enlarge
    sounds good Rob! Let's get some WOT clips Click here to enlarge haha. Did you ever try running straight pipes without the resonators??
    getting some WOT runs tommorow. I ran straight pipes without resonators...that is a VERY bad idea...Honda sounds better lol!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll keep an eye out for it! LOL!! I'm so tempted to take my secondary's out that would leave me just with just the dinan free flow exhaust.. dunno if I would need to put resonators in or not.. definitely don't wanna sound worse than a ricer. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow there is SO MUCH more room back there than 1ers

i'm actually genuinely jealous Click here to enlarge
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Marz Click here to enlarge
    I'll keep an eye out for it! LOL!! I'm so tempted to take my secondary's out that would leave me just with just the dinan free flow exhaust.. dunno if I would need to put resonators in or not.. definitely don't wanna sound worse than a ricer. Click here to enlarge
    I would put resonators in there...won't hurt flow at all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    wow there is SO MUCH more room back there than 1ers

i'm actually genuinely jealous Click here to enlarge
    lol! There is a lot of room.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Decided to do a custom exhaust as I can't find one I like the sound of. I was thinking of doing the Meisterscraft 1 & 2 (with resonators where secondary cats would be, instead of in the tail section like I currently have) which replaces the piping from Dps to stock muffler. I do not have the stock muffler and will be doing a muffler delete with this and will have to fab the pipe from section two to the tips.
    My current set up is fully ******* with muffler delete and dual vibrant resonators in the tail section. With the resonators being in the tail section of my current set up, I don't think that's helping with my rasp. I was seriously considering having four resonators. Two in the mid-pipes and two in the tail section. A member here also mentioned possibly resonated tips.
    For the tips, I was going to go with the burnt titanium. I'd prefer a slip-on but I'm having trouble finding any.
    I know the exhaust won't give me any more power, this is more just for sound and quality - my oem exhaust is just too cut up now. LOL
    Any opinions / advice appreciated and let me know if you agree with the placement of the resonators.

Meisterschaft 1 & 2:

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/-p-47721.html

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im.../06/8zbl-1.jpg
    Nice work. I'm confused though. Did you use stock piping, replacing cats and millers with resonators?

You mention Meisterschaft, but that link shows a $1300 price tag.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    Nice work. I'm confused though. Did you use stock piping, replacing cats and millers with resonators?

You mention Meisterschaft, but that link shows a $1300 price tag.
    This was just the proto type...basically item exhaust with resonators to make sure I like the sound....I do...do now I am getting the SS Meisterschaft and adding in resonators like the OEM exhaust. Sucks it takes 4-5 weeks to get!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This was just the proto type...basically item exhaust with resonators to make sure I like the sound....I do...do now I am getting the SS Meisterschaft and adding in resonators like the OEM exhaust. Sucks it takes 4-5 weeks to get!
    Why pay $1300 for the piping and not just buy the complete M2/Topspeed catback for $450, and cut out the mufflers? It'll save you $1000.
    When/if I build a custom exhaust, I'll go that route.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Since you re-used the stock piping here, what is the diameter of the stock piping?
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Since you re-used the stock piping here, what is the diameter of the stock piping?
    2.37"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why pay $1300 for the piping and not just buy the complete M2/Topspeed catback for $450, and cut out the mufflers? It'll save you $1000.
    Wait a minute...I need to look into this!! I am cutting oput mufflers anyway

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Cold start :

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Rob,
    This is good stuff. I always enjoy reading your posts. It seems you're always working on something. Props for tackling things I don't think I have the balls to attempt!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by eric84405 Click here to enlarge
    Rob,
    This is good stuff. I always enjoy reading your posts. It seems you're always working on something. Props for tackling things I don't think I have the balls to attempt!
    I appreciate that man! Trying to give new options to the community...seems like exhaust is a important one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am taking your advice....I cant find a M2 for E90 only E92?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am taking your advice....I cant find a M2 for E90 only E92?
    im told that they are interchangeable, with the e92 exhaust being like 1-2" longer (tips stick out 1-2 more). Since you're cutting the mufflers off anyway, it won't matter.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im told that they are interchangeable, with the e92 exhaust being like 1-2" longer (tips stick out 1-2 more). Since you're cutting the mufflers off anyway, it won't matter.
    after reading reviews I think I an going to pass...the metal they use is a very bad quality and has actually rusted so bad that people had exhaust leaks in a short time period.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lets hear some WOT pulls.
    I may try this depending on how it sounds.

if you like it how it is, why bother changing to aftermarket piping?
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lets hear some WOT pulls.
    I may try this depending on how it sounds.

if you like it how it is, why bother changing to aftermarket piping?
    Because my exhaust has been cut so many times lol I will get some WOT runs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast