Close

Thread: HPF BOV Kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

HPF BOV Kit

"BOV kit is designed to work with all of the FMIC kitsThe kit is plug-n-play and works with both the factory intake as well as our new intake manifold that will come with stage 2. This kit utilizes the new Synapse blow off valve that uses a dual chamber design that allows very light throttle changes to release pressure but still flows enough for high horsepower engines with the larger chamber. It also doesn't utilize diaphrams so it is much more durable and it is designed so that the pressure it holds back helps keep it closed. Each blow of valve is tested to 100psi. This particular blow off valve won the SEMA award."
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Hpf has top notch product and customer service.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Any pictures of this that are not renderings?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not a fan of the Synapse blow off valve.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by unfor Click here to enlarge
    Not a fan of the Synapse blow off valve.
    Why?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well,

If you read over honda-tech, they were having some issues with that particular BOV @ high boost. Winning an award at SEMA doesn't mean $#@!, because they don't test the products in the real world. They just give an award to products that just look good.

I also don't like how HPF uses a welded blow off valve flange.

It would have been cool if HPF made it the consumers choice what BOV they use. Its not too hard to change a flange. They could just leave that space open and then weld a flange on depending on what the consumer picked. Think about all the blow off valves out there: TiAl, SSQV, Raptor, RFL, etc. It would have been cool to spend the 5 extra minutes and weld the flange on for the particular BOV.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Well,

If you read over honda-tech, they were having some issues with that particular BOV @ high boost. Winning an award at SEMA doesn't mean $#@!, because they don't test the products in the real world. They just give an award to products that just look good.

I also don't like how HPF uses a welded blow off valve flange.

It would have been cool if HPF made it the consumers choice what BOV they use. Its not too hard to change a flange. They could just leave that space open and then weld a flange on depending on what the consumer picked. Think about all the blow off valves out there: TiAl, SSQV, Raptor, RFL, etc. It would have been cool to spend the 5 extra minutes and weld the flange on for the particular BOV.
    Hmm, that is weird. From what I have seen, everyone using it with it hooked up properly is loving it. I know it isn't exactly the same as being on a car, but I remember seeing a video of it under 50psi or so sitting in a tank of water. I believe a Tial and a SSQV were also in there. The Synapse was literally leak free, while the other two had bubbles escaping.

Or maybe that was their waste-gate..... I don't really remember. Either way, I think it is a quality product, and is the one I plan on running if I ever get rid of the stock bypass valves.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Any pictures of this that are not renderings?
    No pics, these are just a sneak peek. According to HPF production is still a few months out
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The design of the synapse is the easily the best IMO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I am curious to know if they are going to make a complete CP and elbow setup that is tapped for bungs. I would like to be able to pickup this unit but will only do so if I can get it with dual bungs tapped at the elbow. Any HPF folks on the site yet Sticky to answers queries?

EDIT: I am guessing it should since it is highly probably that one of their planned higher N54 stages will have a meth system.
    Last edited by Irishace; 09-04-2010 at 03:23 AM.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    Any HPF folks on the site yet Sticky to answers queries?
    Chris@HPF is here as a guest. They not a vendor... yet Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    I am curious to know if they are going to make a complete CP and elbow setup that is tapped for bungs. I would like to be able to pickup this unit but will only do so if I can get it with dual bungs tapped at the elbow. Any HPF folks on the site yet Sticky to answers queries?

EDIT: I am guessing it should since it is highly probably that one of their planned higher N54 stages will have a meth system.
    No meth bungs are in the BOV kit, HPF is placing them in the intake manifold to be used with their stage kits they are also developing.
    Click here to enlarge
    2010 135i coupe | Powered by Burger Tuning and Horsepower Freaks
    horsepowerfreaks.com
    MusicarNW.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Thanks for the clarification Mineo, appreciate it.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Like unfor,
    I've heard that the Synapse may not be able to handle higher boost apps. I believe they are located near me, so I may be able find out more. I've been leaning towards the 50mm Tial BOV.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by encinitas Click here to enlarge
    Like unfor,
    I've heard that the Synapse may not be able to handle higher boost apps. I believe they are located near me, so I may be able find out more. I've been leaning towards the 50mm Tial BOV.
    To be higher it has to be relative to something. When you say higher boost do you mean 80psi on a diesel? Where do you hear that? If there are problems with them I would like to know because I was planning on purchasing a Synapse Synchronic in the future. Not saying you are lying, just curious.

The Tial would be a good choice as well, just requires a bit more tweaking and could cause slight compressor surge if not setup correctly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Slicktop,
    Theres been pretty uniform problems throughout message boards regarding that particular BOV.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Slicktop,
    Theres been pretty uniform problems throughout message boards regarding that particular BOV.
    Can you provide links? The only problems I have been finding are people with MAF systems complaining that they are getting bad A/F and throttle surging at light throttle, because the Synchronic responds well in a light vacuum, staying open just how a Tial would with a light spring, and they aren't recirculating.........

Doesn't sound like the BOV's fault to me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can do that later, too lazy now.
    But there was pretty apparent issues with that Unit. Even on the synapse message board, they were working on correcting the design. However, teh updated design has not been released yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I can do that later, too lazy now.
    But there was pretty apparent issues with that Unit. Even on the synapse message board, they were working on correcting the design. However, teh updated design has not been released yet.
    They are working on a redesigned Anti-Stall kit for MAF cars, but the BOV itself seems to be a very solid, fast acting, no surge performer. The only change they are making to the BOV itself with the update (besides the bolts and port threads) is having the "C port" internally ported, instead of having a nipple on the outside for it. It was made for cars that needed to open on a pressure change pre/post intercooler, but they said that less than 1% use it, so they are eliminating it but leaving the other version for sale for those 1% that use it.

Never knew this, but it has a 17 millisecond response time, pretty damn quick. It does not have any springs to change or plastic parts to wear out, and it uses boost to seat itself, so the more you run the harder it seals. It also is internally lubed and does not ever need to be re-lubricated.

This BOV also has up to a 250psi WORKING pressure, pretty amazing, and it can be used realistically for 70+psi compound turbocharged setups.
    Last edited by fundahl; 09-07-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've been busy too. I'm gonna make a few calls tomorrow hopefully and get some more information on it. Hopefully I can actually reach them (Synapse). I like it too for the same reasons you mentioned Slicktop. You are right also, I'm not sure what kind of boost it becomes limited too (if at all...). Just trying to pass on what I've heard someone say that actually sells and builds both units into their chargepipes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by encinitas Click here to enlarge
    I've been busy too. I'm gonna make a few calls tomorrow hopefully and get some more information on it. Hopefully I can actually reach them (Synapse). I like it too for the same reasons you mentioned Slicktop. You are right also, I'm not sure what kind of boost it becomes limited too (if at all...). Just trying to pass on what I've heard someone say that actually sells and builds both units into their chargepipes.
    Any Info?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

interested as well

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I talked with the guys at Synapse earlier today. They believe that their BOV should work very well (just as well as the others) for boost in the low 20psi applications. I'm going to go with it it for no other good reason than being able to change it if I'm unsatisfied. Give them a call if you want to hear the details, I don't want to get carpel tunnel from posting my reasoning. Suffice it to say, I will post if it does not work as billed and switch to another setup without whimpering