Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Portman

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's not someone it's groups working together.

What I've done has slowed them down. Luke, I can't do anything more as it requires custom programming to overhaul the system. That means a programmer at $200 an hour.

I gave Lost Marine a long ass vacation due to threats, copyright infringement, and defamation which may involve legal aspects yet to be determined. Getting a few neg reps is a completely different thing don't you think?
    Of course it's different, and as I said I really don't care and actually find it comical. But it's the principal that a person or persons are abusing the system. You see it, I assume you've spoken to them, yet they continue to ignore you. Why you don't give them a vacation too is what I cannot understand.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

It's a group of four constantly targeting you and LZH. They're working in unison to do so.
    Well I guess that narrows the field down to @Sirex63, @Jacob502, @Portman and @SLS AMG LOL. There aren't 4 other members on this forum who Earl and I constantly butt heads with so I guess we know who it is now.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Of course it's different, and as I said I really don't care and actually find it comical. But it's the principal that a person or persons are abusing the system. You see it, I assume you've spoken to them, yet they continue to ignore you. Why you don't give them a vacation too is what I cannot understand.
    Because it's my fault not theirs. I created the system and need to adjust it. Them abusing it is because the system isn't good enough to prevent their abuse. You don't blame a dog for eating your steak if you put it on the ground right?

I intend to adjust it and actually like people are testing the limits because then I can curb it. Is what they are doing right? No. But does the system allow it? Yes. The problem then is the system with of course them sharing some culpability. Direct your anger toward me, it's my fault.

I can fix this Luke it just takes money.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Because it's my fault not theirs. I created the system and need to adjust it. Them abusing it is because the system isn't good enough to prevent their abuse. You don't blame a dog for eating your steak if you put it on the ground right?

I intend to adjust it and actually like people are testing the limits because then I can curb it. Is what they are doing right? No. But does the system allow it? Yes. The problem then is the system with of course them sharing some culpability. Direct your anger toward me, it's my fault.

I can fix this Luke it just takes money.
    Joe that's a cop out. Don't blame the systems shortcomings for other individuals malintent. You could stop it if you wanted to. And while I agree that it's nice to have users testing the system limitations, I would also expect you to make short term modifications for those who abuse the system until you can find a permanent solution.
    And as far as your dog/steak analogy. My dog wouldn't touch a T Bone if I put it in front of him - you know why ? Cause he's well trained and we have mutual respect for one another. Clearly, the "dogs" in this scenario have no respect for you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Joe that's a cop out. Don't blame the systems shortcomings for other individuals malintent. You could stop it if you wanted to. And while I agree that it's nice to have users testing the system limitations, I would also expect you to make short term modifications for those who abuse the system until you can find a permanent solution.
    And as far as your dog/steak analogy. My dog wouldn't touch a T Bone if I put it in front of him - you know why ? Cause he's well trained and we have mutual respect for one another. Clearly, the "dogs" in this scenario have no respect for you.
    Yes, you're dog is well trained and he is your dog. But... these are people not dogs and I can't throw them outside when they misbehave and they don't physically belong to me. Actually, I can throw them out but that goes against the principles of the forum and it would promote favoritism. It's not a cop out to say I should adjust the system.

Are there solutions I can implement in the mean time? Yes, I can for example ban these users from the system entirely which is an option.

Whether they have respect for me or not I have respect for the forum itself and the standards by which it is governed so I prefer to keep those high rather than bow to personal differences among members. Whether someone likes me or not the same rules apply for everyone. That way I can respect myself at the end of the day.

This will get resolved. In the meantime, I will follow your rep and that of those involved carefully and make decisions moving forward based on how it is used.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Well I guess that narrows the field down to @Sirex63 , @Jacob502 , @Portman and @SLS AMG LOL. There aren't 4 other members on this forum who Earl and I constantly butt heads with so I guess we know who it is now.
    Thanks for clearing that up.
    Luke, It is not portman as he is on vacation and I highly doubt it is jacob or sirex. to be honest i don't really care as i think my reps went up 100 since when they started. i just don't see the point of it when they won't say who they are or what their issue is.
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes, you're dog is well trained and he is your dog. But... these are people not dogs and I can't throw them outside when they misbehave and they don't physically belong to me. Actually, I can throw them out but that goes against the principles of the forum and it would promote favoritism. It's not a cop out to say I should adjust the system.
    How would throwing them out for a short vacation when they circumvent and abuse the system be against the principals ? It's those very principals that they are violating/disregarding.

Are there solutions I can implement in the mean time? Yes, I can for example ban these users from the system entirely which is an option.
    I don't think a permanent ban is the solution but a short vacation as previously mentioned might get their attention.

This will get resolved. In the meantime, I will follow your rep and that of those involved carefully and make decisions moving forward based on how it is used.
    Fair enough.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    Luke, It is not portman as he is on vacation and I highly doubt it is jacob or sirex. to be honest i don't really care as i think my reps went up 100 since when they started. i just don't see the point of it when they won't say who they are or what their issue is.
    Earl - don't let what someone tells you via email fool you from what they do or say in private. I can't think of anyone else who might target us in such a way, but as you said...in the grand scheme of life it's barely a blip on my radar and actually makes me laugh that I've gotten under someones skin to such an extent. Either way, I agree, it's a cowardly way of conducting oneself and I'd prefer if they just sent me a PM to discuss. I won't hold my breath.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

How would throwing them out for a short vacation when they circumvent and abuse the system be against the principals ? It's those very principals that they are violating/disregarding.
    Because the system allows it so if they are utilizing the system to their advantage is the fault with them or the system? Some blame can be placed on both but it's up to me to resolve it.

I don't think a permanent ban is the solution but a short vacation as previously mentioned might get their attention.
    I've discussed the issue with some of the members involved. I think things will be calm until I can make programming tweaks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Agreed that a ban is not necessary as ultimately people will just stop posting here. I am only one person but I believe Joe is trying to bring people to the forum, not have items in place to make them go away.

Joe, thinking outside the box, is the rep system even necessary?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Joe, thinking outside the box, is the rep system even necessary?
    Absolutely as we do not use moderators and it is an incentive for content.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Absolutely as we do not use moderators and it is an incentive for content.
    True but you read very thread so ultimately everything is moderated.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

True but you read very thread so ultimately everything is moderated.
    Yes but I can't do that forever. We will have 40 forums running concurrently by the end of the month. I'm only human.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    @campbell since I changed the rep spread to 20 they haven't neg repped you btw.
    Looks like whatever you did hasn't worked:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I'll look into it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I'll look into it.
    @Sticky, Isnt it against the rules to complain about negative reps? Why do you allow that user to continue to provoke your rules and principles?
    @LZH, hey I gave you a negative rep on one of those reps you showed . only because you gave me one. Look at this @Sticky, his rep power is 8 and his negative rep count is rounded down to 4, I dont need an engineering degree to know its him, oh and he did it twice and I NEVER complained. (i'm sure you can verify it)

Click here to enlarge

It looks like two other users negative repped you as well. Looks like I am not the only one who thinks you are a total douchebag!Click here to enlarge

I'm willing to stop if you are!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky, Isnt it against the rules to complain about negative reps? Why do you allow that user to continue to provoke your rules and principles?
    @LZH, hey I gave you a negative rep on one of those reps you showed . only because you gave me one. Look at this @Sticky, his rep power is 8 and his negative rep count is rounded down to 4, I dont need an engineering degree to know its him, oh and he did it twice and I NEVER complained. (i'm sure you can verify it)

It looks like two other users negative repped you as well. Looks like I am not the only one who thinks you are a total douchebag!Click here to enlarge

I'm willing to stop if you are!
    Thanks for proving that it is you and your buddys who are the ones targeting me an Earl. I think it's actually pretty funny (and lame) that you guys spend so much time following me and Earl around this forum LOL.
    The following quote and subsequent negative rep pretty much prove it's you guys who have been doing this. @Sticky - take a look at the time these were posted:

3:02am
    Click here to enlarge

And then 2 more neg reps around the same time early in the morning:
    Click here to enlarge
    @ecampbell - you still think these liars are your friends ? LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Thanks for proving that it is you and your buddys who are the ones targeting me an Earl. I think it's actually pretty funny (and lame) that you guys spend so much time following me and Earl around this forum LOL.
    The following quote and subsequent negative rep pretty much prove it's you guys who have been doing this. @Sticky - take a look at the time these were posted:

3:02am
    Click here to enlarge

And then 2 more neg reps around the same time early in the morning:
    Click here to enlarge
    @ecampbell - you still think these liars are your friends ? LOL
    What a loser!

I didn't say anything about my buddies negative reping your Dumbass nor did I say anything about @ecampbell

Hahahaaha. @63Master doesnt have enough rep point to even give you any reps you moron. He posted in the same time I did? Big deal! We live in the same timezone you idiot

I was only talkin about the reps that were given In the 458 vs SLS thread. Try harder Sherlock

Go shuv a leash up your sorry A$$ moron and continoue cryin about negative reps like the sorry bi*tch that you are

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    @Sticky please verify that neither me nor @Jacob502 nor @63Master negative repped LZH today. Thank you!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

You're all being a bunch of little girls.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123