Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Portman

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

0 out of 9 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Portman

This post by ecampbell is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Last edited by ecampbell; 06-25-2013 at 06:06 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have spoken with this member and stated that abuse through PM's will not be tolerated. I would not expect any other PM's.

Additionally, I am in the process of updating the entire network and you will have the ability to block users from PM'ing you VERY soon that way you can handle this yourself.

I don't see the benefit of having these type of messages sent to members it just serves to create divisiveness and problems. It ruins the atmosphere, we don't need it.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I have spoken with this member and stated that abuse through PM's will not be tolerated. I would not expect any other PM's.

Additionally, I am in the process of updating the entire network and you will have the ability to block users from PM'ing you VERY soon that way you can handle this yourself.

I don't see the benefit of having these type of messages sent to members it just serves to create divisiveness and problems. It ruins the atmosphere, we don't need it.
    And what do you plan to do when he ignores you and does it again ? Cause your attempts to control his behavior in the past have not gone so well...Just like the message above. First thing he does when he gets back from a vacation is send some nasty, and I would assume unprovoked, PM to Earl.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    And what do you plan to do when he ignores you and does it again ? Cause your attempts to control his behavior in the past have not gone so well...Just like the message above. First thing he does when he gets back from a vacation is send some nasty, and I would assume unprovoked, PM to Earl.
    If he ignores me then he goes on a long vacation.

I'm trying to make it so we never have these problems in the first place and hopefully cultivate an atmosphere where everyone can get along. It's not easy...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Although unlikely to happen, I think an apology from him would be a great start. I have never spoken to him in that manner so to speak to me like thati is uncalled for.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

3 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    Portman,

You don't even own a car that can run a 10.5 and feel the need to speak like this.

Wrong!

He owns two 9 second GTR's both ran at QRC (Qatar Racing Club) and Yas Marina. His C63 is propabley the quickest and fastest NA C63 in th gulf. He also has the fastest ML63 drag record @ 11.5.

Earl, dont take it the wrong way ,dont you feel your complaining too much lately?
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
    Wrong!

He owns two 9 second GTR's both ran at QRC (Qatar Racing Club) and Yas Marina. His C63 is propabley the quickest and fastest NA C63 in th gulf. He also has the fastest ML63 drag record @ 11.5.

Earl, dont take it the wrong way ,dont you feel your complaining too much lately?
    I was referring to mercedes as anyone can make a gtr go 9's.

i am curious though, are you telling me it was correct for him to send me that PM and to use that language?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Wrong!

Yacoub, as a follow up, how would you respond to someone who personally emails you calls you a fuker a douchebag and tells you that you own a POS? Many of the parts on your car were developed in one form or another on my car and quite frankly I expected you to have a more moderate opinion.

As I am in Dubai, if he has that much of a personal issue with me, perhaps he will come from Qatar and tell me face to face rather than hiding behind the keyboard.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

i am curious though, are you telling me it was correct for him to send me that PM and to use that language?
    Ofcourse not. why do you even assume such a thing?
    As I am in Dubai, if he has that much of a personal issue with me, perhaps he will come from Qatar and tell me face to face rather than hiding behind the keyboard.
    Earl, you are in Dubai?

why didnt you tell me man?

you told me you will Email me before you arrive here. How long are you staying. Id love to meet you
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wrong!

I think this is more about his consistent bad attitude and not so much about his cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

5 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Portman,

You don't even own a car that can run a 10.5 and feel the need to speak like this.

I am the first one to say I am not a saint but as this clearly violates the TOU Portman needs to be put on a long holiday.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear ecampbell,

You have received a new private message at BenzBoost from Portman, entitled "Hey Fuker".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
    http://www.benzboost.com/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
    Hey douchebag,

I really don't know what in fuk's name is your problem. I don't recall having in issue with your sorry A$$.
    You think you can team up with your gay friend and provoke me? Ahahaha
    Instead of wasting your time arguing with me , why don't you grow some balls and learn how to drive you POS car. You invested all this time modding it and you cant even break 9 second you loser. I have no respect for someone who doesn't run his own car at the strip but lets his tuner do so.
    You think you could beat Sticky's car you idiot?. Keep talkin on the forums like the B*itch you are. Sticky would rape you sideways with his car. Really, and I mean REALLY you have no idea what your getting Into. Better take your POS to Europe loser. I have spoken to Gintani and Sticky's car is making much more than what he is claiming , but an idiot like you wouldn't know

Have fun bragging about your pathetic 10.01 pass, which wasnt tapped by you.

Tranny build, Engine Build, cooling mods, fuel mods, and many more that I don't know of......and you can't tap below 10seconds.? Go throw yourself off a cliff dude. Go ahead and complain about this pm in public loser. Fuk you

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:
    http://www.benzboost.com/private.php

All the best,
    BenzBoost

So basically: He didn't threaten you personal harm and just called you names and you ran and made a post about it and contacted the admin? I am sorry your feelings are hurt. You need to grow thicker skin, especially with the way I have seen you talk to other people I am amazed you are complaining.

Go F yourself Click here to enlarge

edit: His PM was uncalled for an rude, but I have had worse sent to me and I never would have even thought about contacting an admin or making a thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    That is pretty harsh....why do some people take this stuff so seriously? It just doesn't make sense in my reasonable head. Modding cars, and running them is supposed to be fun, because we all love cars and are enthusiast, everyone here has the fact that they love horsepower in common. Why can't people that have similar interests just compliment each other and get along? It is unbelievable to me. I will pray for all of you...
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

4 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Neg rep me for this if you want...

Grow up

Seriously, if you take anything on the internet seriously, you really need to look in the mirror and think about it... He (Portman) is an internet warrior behind a keyboard and screen. If he really wanted to be serious he would say it to your face or call you on the phone (I know physical locations can hinder such experiences).

Now what he said and how he said it and using the forum as a way to do it, I don't agree with and as Sticky has stated that sort of attitude is not needed, that sort of thing is reminicent of E90post and I feel we as a forum are a lot more 'grown up' than that.

It would have been best that you simply forwarded the PM to sticky, let him deal with it without bringing it onto the Forum floor. If sticky hadn't dealt with it and the actions continued, then I would bring it to the forum...

As @leo985i stated, we are all enthusiasts, why all the hate between us? So my X5 doesn't run the 1/4 mile in 12 or 13 or whatever seconds, I love my car, I love modding it and I love reading about everyone elses builds, whether they are fast or slow, I don't care about time slips, I just care that everyone is having fun and enjoying their cars. My challenger may or may not be a 13 or 12 second car after my mods are complete, but hey i'll have fun sharing my mod journey on here and getting recommendations from my fellow forum members. SO if spend 10k on it and it doesn't break 9 seconds, who cares, it wasn't your money, so why get bent out of shape over it (Portman), stay positive or STFU...
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, S/C

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge

Grow up

Seriously, if you take anything on the internet seriously, you really need to look in the mirror and think about it... He (Portman) is an internet warrior behind a keyboard and screen. If he really wanted to be serious he would say it to your face or call you on the phone (I know physical locations can hinder such experiences).

Now what he said and how he said it and using the forum as a way to do it, I don't agree with and as Sticky has stated that sort of attitude is not needed, that sort of thing is reminicent of E90post and I feel we as a forum are a lot more 'grown up' than that.

It would have been best that you simply forwarded the PM to sticky, let him deal with it without bringing it onto the Forum floor. If sticky hadn't dealt with it and the actions continued, then I would bring it to the forum...

As @leo985i stated, we are all enthusiasts, why all the hate between us? So my X5 doesn't run the 1/4 mile in 12 or 13 or whatever seconds, I love my car, I love modding it and I love reading about everyone elses builds, whether they are fast or slow, I don't care about time slips, I just care that everyone is having fun and enjoying their cars. My challenger may or may not be a 13 or 12 second car after my mods are complete, but hey i'll have fun sharing my mod journey on here and getting recommendations from my fellow forum members. SO if spend 10k on it and it doesn't break 9 seconds, who cares, it wasn't your money, so why get bent out of shape over it (Portman), stay positive or STFU...
    Definitely +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

9 out of 12 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I clicked on this thread hoping for noodz of Natalie Portman. Dissapointed. .... Click here to enlarge
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    I clicked on this thread hoping for noodz of Natalie Portman. Dissapointed. .... Click here to enlarge
    Same. This thread fails. Started with the OP.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Grow up

I don't know why auto forums foster so much hate in general. A lot of nonsense is said but ultimately we want to enjoy cars and have fun. I hold no grudges it's the forums.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

2 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I don't see no harm in him posting what he did. It's nice to know who expresses their opinion respectably or not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    I don't see no harm in him posting what he did. It's nice to know who expresses their opinion respectably or not.
    Agreed, I'd rep you if I could.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

7 out of 8 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Really, two people negged me for stating that we should act like adults... Ah well, you can't make everyone happy, I'm not mad, I stand by my comments... I respect your disagreement with my post, but I don't hold it against you...
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Really, two people negged me for stating that we should act like adults... Ah well, you can't make everyone happy, I'm not mad, I stand by my comments... I respect your disagreement with my post, but I don't hold it against you...
    Positive here. And mine count more.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    ^ This. Was very let down...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Why did I get negged for wanting pics of natalie Portman? Lol! She's hot!
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I gave you some positive rep!
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Why did I get negged for wanting pics of natalie Portman? Lol! She's hot!
    Hot before V or after V? lol... I pos repped you as well... There are some HATERs on here...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast