Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Guess who just joined the 500whp club??

Got on the dyno today! Terry is the $#@!! Between texting and emails Terry sent me the info and flashes. Took the majority of the day as i forgot my laptop cord at home and had to go to the store during the pulls to get one. Trying to post the sheets I'll keep trying

18psi e70 NO METH Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    STFU! NO METH? WOW! Insane

CONGRATS!
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Trying to insert the sheets Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hell yeahClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks guys! I'm really excited I was shooting for 480-490 so this a plus1!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Cool. Had them installed for a couple weeks and already broke 500whp. Pretty insane power curve.

Rob

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very nice numbers. Especially without meth!
    11.76 @ 124 (123.9) full weight e92 335i, street tires, no meth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Fantastic!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Cool. Had them installed for a couple weeks and already broke 500whp. Pretty insane power curve.

Rob
    Thanks Rob for a great product car runs great! I was debating for a while to go the other way I'm glad I didn't!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What am I missing here? How was it done without meth?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Because it wasn't

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 07Tundra Click here to enlarge
    Because it wasn't
    I understand that may I have more specs please? Upgraded turbos right?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice charts! I can't remember, does your car have an AT or not?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So these are RB's.. what other mods do you have? I'm assuming an upgraded fuel pump / rail of some sorts plus FBO?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The base is 374 which is 100whp more than it should dyno on a stock tune right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What am I missing here? How was it done without meth?
    Running E70 and above you shouldn't need meth. Running mikes car with a slipping clutch and no meth we made 480 whp and like 507WTQ before it started slipping. This isn't too far out of the realm of possibility. Great numbers man!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The last 20+ whp is a huge undertaking without meth. Are there any others in 500+ whp with stock frame turbos and w/o meth?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    The last 20+ whp is a huge undertaking without meth. Are there any others in 500+ whp with stock frame turbos and w/o meth?
    What you are saying doesn't make sense. The last 20 hp are hard to achieve because of the extreme build up of back pressure in the tiny housings near redline. High percentages of E85 will give you the same cooling effects as methanol injection. Adding meth will allow you make more power in general because of the cooling effect but saying it will help with that 20 hp more than E85 doesn't add up. The real question is how many people have ran E70+ on stock frames with out meth. Not many because the fuel system usually goes lean requiring a meth bandaid, for nothing else than to add fuel. Once we see more of that this will be more common. PERFECT example that meth is not helping there. Stage 3 freer flowing turbos, reduced back pressure 600 on 91 no meth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Making 500rw without meth on the dynojet isn't too hard. Keeping it 100% reliable (fuel pressure wise) day in and day out has been a bit of a headache so far. But at 475rw it's much easier to keep it 100% reliable. The cooling benefits of meth start to kick in nicely around 100mph for those that do runway runs, drag racing, etc, so while not required I personally think its a wise mod to run with any larger than stock turbo setup. I agree with Tony though if the fueling system was up to spec then a lot fewer would be running meth just due to the headaches of filling, etc.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 06-23-2013 at 06:26 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Firstly, awesome numbers! Great job Terry and Rob.

Terry, regarding your fuel pressure problems, have you given the FFTEC pump a go? Shiv's customers don't seem to be having issues running high concentrations of E85. Not trying to start a war, but they did do extensive testing before settling on the booster option. I know the consensus here is that it's all a money grab (which may be true, i don't know) but real world success with your DIY has been mixed IMHO.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge

Terry, regarding your fuel pressure problems, have you given the FFTEC pump a go? Shiv's customers don't seem to be having issues running high concentrations of E85. Not trying to start a war, but they did do extensive testing before settling on the booster option. I know the consensus here is that it's all a money grab (which may be true, i don't know) but real world success with your DIY has been mixed IMHO.

The success is how well you connect your lines,, and its not something T sells lol its not "his'
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge

I've heard of similar problems with their setup. It's basically the same as our inline option #2 from a functional perspective. Which is enough to max out low pressure but does not address the high pressure issue at higher torque levels. Their preferred method to mask this issue is to simply run a very lean air/fuel ratio or methanol injection.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 06-24-2013 at 12:57 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    The success is how well you connect your lines,, and its not something T sells lol its not "his'
    Thats exactly true Terry can't be at everyone's house doing the mod. It does come down to attention to detail. I had several issues at first pretty much resolved now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast