Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    I don't understand how. Are you getting under the car while it is only supported with a jack?
    I have before and I think everyone has, especially if you just want to do something quick. Like I don't break out the jackstands to change my oil or when I did my clutch valve delete.

Out of curiosity how can I use a jack stand when my jack point is being jacked up by the jack? Maybe this is obvious I have only been under the bmw once so far.

Either way the HF jacks have horrible reviews unless things have changed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    I have before and I think everyone has, especially if you just want to do something quick. Like I don't break out the jackstands to change my oil or when I did my clutch valve delete.

Out of curiosity how can I use a jack stand when my jack point is being jacked up by the jack? Maybe this is obvious I have only been under the bmw once so far.

Either way the HF jacks have horrible reviews unless things have changed.
    Here's my solution. The Arcan Jack is super low profile and only requires me to drive on a 2x4 for the front to clear the bumper. I jack the car up and use 2x4 stands to either put under the tire, which is alot safer, or to minimize the required jack height. I don't care what anybody says common jack stands are just dangerous when put on anything but their lower settings.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

I just drive on ramps, then jack the front of the car up using the jack point under the front subframe. I made low profile ramps out of 2x6's. This allows me to use jack stands EVERY TIME! I've even put the whole car up before by doing this, but you have to do it in stages. That's alright, I'm not doing this for money.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    I just drive on ramps, then jack the front of the car up using the jack point under the front subframe. I made low profile ramps out of 2x6's. This allows me to use jack stands EVERY TIME! I've even put the whole car up before by doing this, but you have to do it in stages. That's alright, I'm not doing this for money.
    I had some bad experiences with ramps. I saw this style on another forum and thought I'd try it. It's pretty cool as this is the first height, if I lower the jack from the front jack pad and put on a space I made I can get the bottom of the wheels off the ground about a total of 2 feet but usually don't need anything that high. Regardless of what method you choose make sure it's safe I've seen my share of too many close calls with people being in a hurry.
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

I drove on ramps at first, but now use 2 jacks... jack one side to access middle pad and then stands on each pad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12