Close

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Downpipe fix

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9
    Rep Points
    45.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    Downpipe fix

    Hi everyone I'm new to the 335 scene just picked mine up 3 months ago an 07 with 84k. I work at a bmw dealership so I'm not afraid to work on it. But I have one question I just ordered a set of burger turning ******* downpipes and was wondering if that I get the downpipe fix will I be fine or do I need to go jb4 or Cobb route.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,986
    Rep Points
    2,386.1
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Montegoblue335 Click here to enlarge
    Hi everyone I'm new to the 335 scene just picked mine up 3 months ago an 07 with 84k. I work at a bmw dealership so I'm not afraid to work on it. But I have one question I just ordered a set of burger turning ******* downpipes and was wondering if that I get the downpipe fix will I be fine or do I need to go jb4 or Cobb route.

    I would just go the cobb or jb4 route as it will keep the SES light at bay and if will wake the car up more than dps. If you dont want an agressive tune you can run a mild tune from either and still maintain stock like drivability. Just my .02
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg
    Posts
    1,281
    Rep Points
    1,527.3
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    I would just go the cobb or jb4 route as it will keep the SES light at bay and if will wake the car up more than dps. If you dont want an agressive tune you can run a mild tune from either and still maintain stock like drivability. Just my .02
    The DP fix is the only solution to set the readiness monitors in the DME to allow you to pass emissions testing. However, it is believed the rear O2 sensors are used to calibrated the front O2 sensors so you do not want to leave the DP fix hooked up long term. Just to pass emissions testing.

    That said, if you already bought the DPs, you are going to want the Cobb or JB4.
    Eppur si muove.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ellicott City, MD
    Posts
    208
    Rep Points
    145.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    The DP fix is the only solution to set the readiness monitors in the DME to allow you to pass emissions testing. However, it is believed the rear O2 sensors are used to calibrated the front O2 sensors so you do not want to leave the DP fix hooked up long term. Just to pass emissions testing.

    That said, if you already bought the DPs, you are going to want the Cobb or JB4.

    That is very good to know. I guess I will install my DPfix when I'm ready for emission.... which is 2 years later. I just did my emission right before my AR are installed. haha
    08 535i 6MT - JB4 G5 ISO - Luke performance flash - E40 & BMS 100% Meth - AR design catless DP - ETS 5" intercooler - BMS DCI - BMS OCC - ER chargepipe - HKS BOV - K-sport coilovers - UUC evo SSK - CDV deleted - ACS spoiler - Click here to enlarge

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9
    Rep Points
    45.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Only thing that's holding me back on getting the jb4 is this is my dd so I'm going for reliability but a few mods here a there.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,460
    Rep Points
    32,150.4
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Montegoblue335 Click here to enlarge
    Only thing that's holding me back on getting the jb4 is this is my dd so I'm going for reliability but a few mods here a there.
    Run a mild map, simple.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg
    Posts
    1,281
    Rep Points
    1,527.3
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Personally I have a Cobb AP, and there are no reliability issues there, but I really haven't heard any JB users complain of reliability issues either. Of course if you upgrade your turbos and run E85, it will complicate things slightly, but an off the shelf or even a pro Cobb tune on pump gas with stock turbos and reasonable boost should result in pretty good reliability. I suspect the JB4 will give similar results.

    My car is also a daily driver, and all of my modifications are done with the mindset that this car must get me to and from work.
    Eppur si muove.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9
    Rep Points
    45.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    So jb4 set to map 5 and call it a day. I'm new to turbo used to have a E46 325ci before this. So far I have done stage 2 afe intake and BMW performance grills.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •