Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

How much does a jump/hit matter in a race

So i ran into a dbag on the highway tonight. He was in a white jaguar xkrs that is a def a sick ride. Supercharged V8 putting down 550hp crank running low 12's to 12 flat at around 120mph trap speed. Im driving a 2012 C63 coupe with a few things done to bring me to 470 whp, quaife diff, 2 piece rotors, forgestar wheels wrapped in nt05's. So i thought this would be a good comparison and a fun run. We got onto the highway as i slow down in the right lane for mr. DBag to get along side and do a 3 honker i hear his car downshift and he gets on it. So i follow my car downshifts and by the time i start accelerating he's come from behind me to a car length ahead with extra speed he built up until my car kicked down. Started around 40 by the time we hit 120 i stopped his pull from me which was about 3-4 cars than and i was closing the gap at 140 by 160 i walked ahead almost like he hit his speed limiter(they aren't speed limited). As i got ahead i got on the brakes since we were getting to silly speeds. He proceeded to keep it going and pulled a ricer fly by. Never slowed back down to get a legit side by side run. This has happened a few times recently.

Which makes me wonder how much does the hit/jump like that matter? If my car was faster should it have closed the gap faster? If it would have been an even race with a clean start would his jump mean he would continue pulling since he had a car lead and more starting speed momentum?

Really wanted to line up with this guy what a tool.

@Sticky what do ya think?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This was all done in argentina by the way Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It can mean a lot or nothing at all depending on a few factors.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It means a lot. If cars are close, the guy who gets the hit should win. It takes much more HP then to pull him back. That's why having a lot more horsepower rather than being similar is preferable Click here to enlarge

It simply takes more power to reel someone in who gets a nice jump rather than if you start at the same time especially if at close power levels.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale