Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 39 of 39
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,570
    Rep Points
    1,864.9
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Halo is $#@!ing lame and ALWAYs has been.
    This.

    I just hope Sony fixes their online system it is so damn painful to use. I literally have to call my brother on the phone to figure out how to play a game together with him. I think the only game we play together is NFL Blitz.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Honestly, I can see it from the point of view of developers as far as preventing piracy. It's not a popular POV but there's honestly no justification for pirating media other than just not wanting to pay for it. As far as reselling used games, that should be allowed. At that point you're selling a physical commodity that you payed for not, what I consider to be, equivalent to IP like piracy.

    As far as the privacy aspect I don't like it but I honestly I don't see the "kinect" being the nefarious tool people are making it to be.

    I don't want to make it seem like I don't care about the developers profits but, unless someone can show me statistically the money they're losing from game piracy, i'm going to say that's not really a serious issue. What I see to be any complaint is the fact Gamestop is making countless dollars on games they spent months or years working on and they did nothing to deserve it. More of a Frank White situation and wanting to get a piece of the action. I'd be willing to bet the majority of gamers actually DO buy games. Which means the developers ARE getting their deserved profits. Piracy will always be an issue. As long as there are people that don't want to pay for something, you will never get away from this. And a solution such as this to redirect some of those profits disregards the POV of the gamer ( which should be your ultimate concern as you're not a developer ). I don't support piracy but, I understand the want to try and circumvent it. They just need to pick a different way that doesn't make the GAMER say " Wtf ? ". Sales/resale is one thing. It was especially disappointing to know there was the real potential of not being able to simply let a friend borrow a game. That reverses the concept of cartridge/disc games since their inception. From a gamers POV, there's absolutely no benefit to restricting that option.

    I understand you don't want to see the potential problem of the intrusive Kinect as great as it is. However, I do believe this is a mistake and equates to the continued surrender of our privacy and liberties in exchange for something that isn't worth it. I'm not sayin I or others would definitely be watched, i'm saying the CAPABILITY of such an action by some random perverted hacker or gov't agency doesn't make me happy. This is why I unplug my webcam from the comp when not in use. It may seem over the top or paranoia however, our current societal state has justified such actions.

    I don't see the point of MS mandating the usage of Kinect. If they want to make it the best of both worlds as they claim ( which they don't ) they would also follow Sony's suit and have it a separate component for purchase. Sell people on why they'd want the component, don't force it's use.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Halo is $#@!ing lame and ALWAYs has been.
    LMAO !!! I've only played Halo on the original xbox and the demo of Halo 3. I just couldn't get into it.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
    I know that already...

    I'm just hoping they really aren't that stupid and they reverse it as well... I know the capability is there, they have already discussed that you can download games on the Marketplace, but it makes no sense to re-purchase a game you already physically own... I paid $60 for a game, now your telling me I can play it on the new system but I have to pay $15 or $20 dollars for the digital version? What's the point of owning the original disc if all I can use it on is my 360? I realize they want to make money, but they would make more money if they reversed their stupid pricing, and non-backwards compatibility.
    Don't get me wrong, I wish for the backwards comp as well. I really don't understand if they're truly limited based on the hardware/software they're currently using but, if they're trying to keep costs down, I can see why they're cutting it out. The majority of gamers already own 360 or PS3 and their games. It's really not that much of a drawback when you think about it. IF you do own the 360, all you're really doing is putting the disc in a different console. If you were banking on cloud usage to not have to worry about disc changes, I understand your complaints.

    If they actually charged an extra 50-100 bucks to allow backwards comp, i'd pay it without complaint. I'm not sure if the majority of gamers would actually agree with that though. We're not talking continued play with subpar graphics by playing 360 games. Those games still look awesome and while i'm sure there will be even more great looking games in the future, I honestly don't think the graphics alone are worth the purchase for XB1. As I stated before, it's like going from 720p to 1080p with the proper sized tv to notice the difference.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,659
    Rep Points
    2,216.2
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    I just read somewhere online that they dropped the price $100 now too Click here to enlarge
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT


    Click here to enlarge


    E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!


    Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

    Click here to enlarge

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,632
    Rep Points
    2,248.3
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
    I don't want to make it seem like I don't care about the developers profits but, unless someone can show me statistically the money they're losing from game piracy, i'm going to say that's not really a serious issue. What I see to be any complaint is the fact Gamestop is making countless dollars on games they spent months or years working on and they did nothing to deserve it. More of a Frank White situation and wanting to get a piece of the action. I'd be willing to bet the majority of gamers actually DO buy games. Which means the developers ARE getting their deserved profits. Piracy will always be an issue. As long as there are people that don't want to pay for something, you will never get away from this. And a solution such as this to redirect some of those profits disregards the POV of the gamer ( which should be your ultimate concern as you're not a developer ). I don't support piracy but, I understand the want to try and circumvent it. They just need to pick a different way that doesn't make the GAMER say " Wtf ? ". Sales/resale is one thing. It was especially disappointing to know there was the real potential of not being able to simply let a friend borrow a game. That reverses the concept of cartridge/disc games since their inception. From a gamers POV, there's absolutely no benefit to restricting that option.

    I understand you don't want to see the potential problem of the intrusive Kinect as great as it is. However, I do believe this is a mistake and equates to the continued surrender of our privacy and liberties in exchange for something that isn't worth it. I'm not sayin I or others would definitely be watched, i'm saying the CAPABILITY of such an action by some random perverted hacker or gov't agency doesn't make me happy. This is why I unplug my webcam from the comp when not in use. It may seem over the top or paranoia however, our current societal state has justified such actions.

    I don't see the point of MS mandating the usage of Kinect. If they want to make it the best of both worlds as they claim ( which they don't ) they would also follow Sony's suit and have it a separate component for purchase. Sell people on why they'd want the component, don't force it's use.
    I totally understand where you're coming from with the Kinect and the "potential" invasion of privacy it could lead to. I guess it's just me but I've just never put much thought into that kind of stuff. To be honest with you, now that I think about it, I can't really think of a good reason to require the Kinect to be constantly on...
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,707.2
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    I just read somewhere online that they dropped the price $100 now too Click here to enlarge
    So far I have only seen reports stating the price will stay the same.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    160
    Rep Points
    487.1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    LMAO so hilarious. Use bing for 15 min rofl
    Click here to enlarge
    471whp on E85

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
    I don't want to make it seem like I don't care about the developers profits but, unless someone can show me statistically the money they're losing from game piracy, i'm going to say that's not really a serious issue. What I see to be any complaint is the fact Gamestop is making countless dollars on games they spent months or years working on and they did nothing to deserve it. More of a Frank White situation and wanting to get a piece of the action. I'd be willing to bet the majority of gamers actually DO buy games. Which means the developers ARE getting their deserved profits. Piracy will always be an issue. As long as there are people that don't want to pay for something, you will never get away from this. And a solution such as this to redirect some of those profits disregards the POV of the gamer ( which should be your ultimate concern as you're not a developer ). I don't support piracy but, I understand the want to try and circumvent it. They just need to pick a different way that doesn't make the GAMER say " Wtf ? ". Sales/resale is one thing. It was especially disappointing to know there was the real potential of not being able to simply let a friend borrow a game. That reverses the concept of cartridge/disc games since their inception. From a gamers POV, there's absolutely no benefit to restricting that option.

    I understand you don't want to see the potential problem of the intrusive Kinect as great as it is. However, I do believe this is a mistake and equates to the continued surrender of our privacy and liberties in exchange for something that isn't worth it. I'm not sayin I or others would definitely be watched, i'm saying the CAPABILITY of such an action by some random perverted hacker or gov't agency doesn't make me happy. This is why I unplug my webcam from the comp when not in use. It may seem over the top or paranoia however, our current societal state has justified such actions.

    I don't see the point of MS mandating the usage of Kinect. If they want to make it the best of both worlds as they claim ( which they don't ) they would also follow Sony's suit and have it a separate component for purchase. Sell people on why they'd want the component, don't force it's use.
    A good rough estimate is they are losing 10% of their overall sales to piracy. The problem with the entertainment industry is the assumption that every pirated game/song/movie is a lost sale. You don't see the 3DS or Vita blowing sales figures out of the water even though they are piracy-proof (as of today).

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    A good rough estimate is they are losing 10% of their overall sales to piracy. The problem with the entertainment industry is the assumption that every pirated game/song/movie is a lost sale. You don't see the 3DS or Vita blowing sales figures out of the water even though they are piracy-proof (as of today).
    Piracy-proof you say ? Sounds like an interesting challenge.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    575
    Rep Points
    1,555.9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,707.2
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    ^ Well then Microsoft better get their $#@! in order so Bill Gates can mutter "Pearl Harbor".
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    575
    Rep Points
    1,555.9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    ^ Well then Microsoft better get their $#@! in order so Bill Gates can mutter "Pearl Harbor".
    Their getting there, all in good time.
    Click here to enlarge

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    LMAO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •