Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

What would the N54 community like to receive? Free turbos? Intercoolers? Cobb AP? Strip club coupons?

The forum is getting back to being more fun and I like that. Ultimately, what we are here for is to discuss cars and in this place in particular at a higher level than anywhere else. That doesn't mean bickering at a higher level but more intelligent posts, discussion, and thought.

Now, we have all stated stupid things at some point and I'm definitely holding myself responsible. It is my desire to foster intelligent debate, talk, and an environment that is conducive to the aforementioned. To make it clear, I'm not blaming anyone and accept responsibility for deviating from this at times myself.

The past is gone all we can all do is move forward so I would like to do so in the most positive way possible. This forum is on cusp of major expansion and becoming a major player in not only the BMW forum scene but the worldwide automotive forum scene. You will all be pleasantly surprised soon enough as I'm working hard behind the scenes but I am not forgetting what has propelled this site to where it is and that honestly is the N54 section and content primarily.

I want to thank the userbase here, thank the vendors, and I want to show my appreciation. I want to show that despite times where we bicker, argue, and say some mean things they are not meant to be taken seriously and nobody is holding a grudge. It's the internet but yes we can be more cordial too. This forum sometimes due to the leniency allows people to say some things that would not be said anywhere else and that is a major positive but can also be a negative as well.

So, guys, tell what you would like to see. I'll talk to vendors and set it up. Let's do something special. I want to show in particular I care, am appreciative, and have no negative intentions. I enjoy doing this, I've been at it for three years, and it has hardly been a cakewalk but I think we can all do a hell of a lot better going forward myself included.

Turbos? Intercoolers? What would be cool and fun? You tell me gentlemen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Strip club coupons.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Good for you. It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong.

Maybe instead of a specific item, you could do a gift certificate at a specific vendor for N54 parts? Unless you don't want to alienate the non-N54 guys and make it for anything.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Strip club coupons.
    I figured.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Good for you. It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong.

Maybe instead of a specific item, you could do a gift certificate at a specific vendor for N54 parts? Unless you don't want to alienate the non-N54 guys and make it for anything.
    It's open ended, it can be anything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

A gift certificate is interesting because many people could basically get what they want, it's kind of boring though.

I say a cobb AP and a intercooler. Get two things rather than one to give away(turbos).
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I would say turbo's since that would be the most costing thing, but the guy above has the right idea. If coupon, it should all have close to equal value. Was sticky Santa Clause in another life? Seems to like to give away gifts to members. No complaints here, just let me know where I can sign up Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

How about a set of Apex wheels of the winners choice in model (Arc-8 vs EC-7) and specific measurements?? Apex makes phenomenal wheels at an incredible price point, and everybody would enjoy a free set of wheels.

Giving away a COBB AP/Intercooler/Turbos might not appeal to the masses because A) some people might already have those mods or B) just not have the money/interest in adding those mods (perfect example: I wouldn't benefit from Stage 3 turbos because they're no 6AT upgrade; if you upgrade your turbos you're gonna need a money for a clutch + install, etc).
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by justohigh Click here to enlarge
    I would say turbo's since that would be the most costing thing, but the guy above has the right idea. If coupon, it should all have close to equal value. Was sticky Santa Clause in another life? Seems to like to give away gifts to members. No complaints here, just let me know where I can sign up Click here to enlarge
    Santa disappointed me as a child. When I found the gifts in advance Santa supposedly later gave me I knew something was up.

No, I just think there are good things that can be done for the community.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

It could be something like $500, $1000, and $2000, to spend with any vendor on the site so 3 people can win. Also anyone can be included.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Being serious I think an LSD or Coilovers would work well. Most people seem to always want these two items but don't want to spend the money because they may not see an incredible "fun for the money" aspect as much as a tune or FBO. This is in the $1000-$2000 category as well, and I think most people would be interested in this as its a modification with few tradeoffs, especially the LSD.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Vendor Credit might be the best bet -- Gives a complete openness to what the winner would want to spend it on (my case, Apex EC-7s) & if they want to also use it towards service (w/ shops like Undercover/VAC/Active, etc etc)
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

As much as I'd like the strip club coupons i'm afraid my gf would probably waste them too quick. She has no control over how much to throw, the titties come out and she gets her face burried and all her money dissapears quickly. I like the vendor credit idea.
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by brusk Click here to enlarge
    As much as I'd like the strip club coupons i'm afraid my gf would probably waste them too quick. She has no control over how much to throw, the titties come out and she gets her face burried and all her money dissapears quickly. I like the vendor credit idea.
    I'd be happy to attend with you guys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Oh yea, coilovers! I need thoseClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

LSD plz

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jordan313 Click here to enlarge
    LSD plz
    No drugs. God I'm hilarious.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how do you win, you just choose random user names or do you need to enter somewhere?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by stormtrooper335 Click here to enlarge
    how do you win, you just choose random user names or do you need to enter somewhere?
    We're not even there yet...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by stormtrooper335 Click here to enlarge
    Last time it was based on reps....if you got a rep point during the contest or lots of them, he picked one random rep point and the user won.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I vote for COBB AP, HPFP upgrade, Set of wheel of winners picking (APEX would be good), BMW electronic performance steering wheel, CSL trunk lid, P3 gauge, OSS headlights, or LCI taillights.

Maybe let the winner choose from a number of items. Or have a set of three and have 3 winners that pick in their order (1st, 2nd, 3rd).
    2008 335I E92, AW, VFF700, 18" Forgestar F14, M3 front/side, M-tech rear, AMS IC, H&R Touring Cup Kit suspension, HID AE, ER Charge Pipe & Synapse BOV, CIC Retrofit, Quafie, DSS, Defiv Lockdown, SPEC 2+/Steel SMFW, Walbro 450

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

My ideas were best Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TCW Click here to enlarge
    I vote for COBB AP, HPFP upgrade, Set of wheel of winners picking (APEX would be good), BMW electronic performance steering wheel, CSL trunk lid, P3 gauge, OSS headlights, or LCI taillights.

Maybe let the winner choose from a number of items. Or have a set of three and have 3 winners that pick in their order (1st, 2nd, 3rd).
    Well $#@! then I vote for a Gallardo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

I do like the idea of coilovers as well. I don't think many people really understand how much different a car can be with a proper suspension. Its fun to go fast in a straight line, but things get really interesting when you go fast around corners.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well $#@! then I vote for a Gallardo.
    Nah wait for the new Cabrera or whatever it will be called to come out.
    2008 335I E92, AW, VFF700, 18" Forgestar F14, M3 front/side, M-tech rear, AMS IC, H&R Touring Cup Kit suspension, HID AE, ER Charge Pipe & Synapse BOV, CIC Retrofit, Quafie, DSS, Defiv Lockdown, SPEC 2+/Steel SMFW, Walbro 450

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast