Close

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    10
    Rep Points
    11.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Question Save weight for track purpose

    Does anyone know what kinda weight we could expect to save by entirely removing the hardtop with all brackets and hydrualic and replacing it with a shell in CF ? also the oem sport seats..what are we expecting in weight for those? Hood and hatch ? if u know..let me know, thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Damn man that would be huge. The motors and top weigh a ton. You doing this for the roadcourse?

    It will take something away from the Z4 though. I'd also be concerned about losing rigidity. Not going to be cheap to get a perfect CF shell either. But, at least you would be getting closer to a Z4 GT3.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    160
    Rep Points
    487.1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I saved about 30 lbs going to a CF hood on my E82, I'd imagine similar savings, if not more for yours. I think your bonnet is larger than mine.

    Seats I have no clue.
    Click here to enlarge
    471whp on E85

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ammonia Click here to enlarge
    I saved about 30 lbs going to a CF hood on my E82, I'd imagine similar savings, if not more for yours. I think your bonnet is larger than mine.

    Seats I have no clue.
    He's talking about removing the entire hardtop and motors. He has a couple hundred pounds in there I would think.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    160
    Rep Points
    487.1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Yea thats way out of my league lol. I'd just weigh the car before, and then weigh it after everything is done.
    Click here to enlarge
    471whp on E85

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    10
    Rep Points
    11.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Ya well all "cabŽs" are build to be driven w/o a roof so i dont thin ridgety is an issue, and for the CF roof im not that concerned not making it, since we did doors in CF for a E46 M3 "GTR" with oem windows and motors...should work Click here to enlarge well its just some checking around for a cool Z4 Gt3/supertouring build for a good friend. (actually 2 identical to be honest)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SWE79 Click here to enlarge
    Ya well all "cabŽs" are build to be driven w/o a roof so i dont thin ridgety is an issue, and for the CF roof im not that concerned not making it, since we did doors in CF for a E46 M3 "GTR" with oem windows and motors...should work Click here to enlarge well its just some checking around for a cool Z4 Gt3/supertouring build for a good friend. (actually 2 identical to be honest)
    If you do it please detail it as it will be epic.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    10
    Rep Points
    11.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Yah of course, my friend is kinda crazy he likes od things and eye catchers, for this years Gumball3000 we played around with some cool features on his 997.2 Porsche...to impress Xzibit hehe


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SWE79 Click here to enlarge
    Yah of course, my friend is kinda crazy he likes od things and eye catchers, for this years Gumball3000 we played around with some cool features on his 997.2 Porsche...to impress Xzibit hehe

    http://youtu.be/IuTv8W4MtvU
    I don't get it, disco ball setup? Why?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    10
    Rep Points
    11.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Only for Gumball3000...its gone now and it was only a attention stealer.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SWE79 Click here to enlarge
    Only for Gumball3000...its gone now and it was only a attention stealer.
    I see, how was the gumball?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    10
    Rep Points
    11.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    50% car and 50% party (disco) a bunch of forbes guys with to much money....this car was nmbr 12 in Team Betsafe there is alot of photos and vids out there.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SWE79 Click here to enlarge
    50% car and 50% party (disco) a bunch of forbes guys with to much money....this car was nmbr 12 in Team Betsafe there is alot of photos and vids out there.
    Sounds like I need to do this at some point.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •