Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 41 of 41
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    57
    Rep Points
    201.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What makes someone putting hardware together qualified to tune? You may not know this but VF had some issues with their S54 setups.
    And S65.... if only people knew all the stories.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tonester Click here to enlarge
    And S65.... if only people knew all the stories.
    I never heard the S65 ones. Care to indulge me?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    17
    Rep Points
    18.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    FWIW, I was able to take a peak at what the VF570 tune on my car looked like. To VF's credit, I was told it was at least 'safe'. But overall the tune was sloppy. Adjusted fuel maps without setting correct injector sizes. Constant injector fueling even on overrun. Lambda learning turned off. Knock sensor desensitized. Some temp setting turned off the scale high so the car never would come out of cold start fueling map.

    I appreciate their willingness to help, love their S54 hardware, but they clearly are limited in this area.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kidrobot Click here to enlarge
    FWIW, I was able to take a peak at what the VF570 tune on my car looked like. To VF's credit, I was told it was at least 'safe'. But overall the tune was sloppy. Adjusted fuel maps without setting correct injector sizes. Constant injector fueling even on overrun. Lambda learning turned off. Knock sensor desensitized. Some temp setting turned off the scale high so the car never would come out of cold start fueling map.

    I appreciate their willingness to help, love their S54 hardware, but they clearly are limited in this area.
    The tunes have kind of always bene their weak point.

    Did you get yours retuned?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    558
    Rep Points
    785.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    I feel that many SC companies should just drop their software component of the price and charge less for the kit as a hardware only option. I think $4000 for the hardware is a good price. Hardware only - no software and no warranty other than on the hardware. You'd actually sell some kits.

    I'm finding it hard to swallow that I am supposed to pay for a crappy tune and for getting my warranty voided the moment I get a better tune.
    Click here to enlarge

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    57
    Rep Points
    201.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I never heard the S65 ones. Care to indulge me?
    S65. go. boom. Can't give much details, it'll get ugly... saw it happen though.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    I feel that many SC companies should just drop their software component of the price and charge less for the kit as a hardware only option. I think $4000 for the hardware is a good price. Hardware only - no software and no warranty other than on the hardware. You'd actually sell some kits.

    I'm finding it hard to swallow that I am supposed to pay for a crappy tune and for getting my warranty voided the moment I get a better tune.
    That's an interesting point and I really like it. It would eat into their inflated margins though.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tonester Click here to enlarge
    S65. go. boom. Can't give much details, it'll get ugly... saw it happen though.
    Why is this topic so quiet?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Posts
    2,697
    Rep Points
    2,104.3
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    Excellent work again from @evolve . I remember SAL telling me about this, the VF kit has good hardware but a POS tune (my personal opinion). The evolve tune gets the car back on track.
    Click here to enlarge



    EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    35
    Rep Points
    49.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    whats the supercharged s54 whp record?

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by infliktyd135i Click here to enlarge
    whats the supercharged s54 whp record?
    In the 600's I think?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    35
    Rep Points
    49.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    saw this on fb, just wanted to disprove it. they claiming 900hp.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by infliktyd135i Click here to enlarge
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hMFB65wuZQ saw this on fb, just wanted to disprove it. they claiming 900hp.
    I told him what's up.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    57
    Rep Points
    201.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why is this topic so quiet?
    3 letters.... NDA.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Posts
    2,697
    Rep Points
    2,104.3
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by infliktyd135i Click here to enlarge
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hMFB65wuZQ saw this on fb, just wanted to disprove it. they claiming 900hp.
    LOL what a load of donky $#@!
    Click here to enlarge



    EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26
    Rep Points
    112.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I have it on my car , never dyno it but you can notice the difference once you install it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •