Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

So is it really true that the LTFTs can only be reset by the dealer? INPA is not good enough?

also do the post cat sensors have anything to do with AFRs or fuel trims? Sorry being selfish here to help diagnose my own issue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by stangorang Click here to enlarge
    So is it really true that the LTFTs can only be reset by the dealer? INPA is not good enough?

also do the post cat sensors have anything to do with AFRs or fuel trims? Sorry being selfish here to help diagnose my own issue.
    Apparently INPA can because I was able to fix my issue. As I understand it now, the DME looks at the post cat o2's and uses them to calibrate the pre-cat o2 with the long term adaptations.
    2008 335I E92, AW, VFF700, 18" Forgestar F14, M3 front/side, M-tech rear, AMS IC, H&R Touring Cup Kit suspension, HID AE, ER Charge Pipe & Synapse BOV, CIC Retrofit, Quafie, DSS, Defiv Lockdown, SPEC 2+/Steel SMFW, Walbro 450

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TCW Click here to enlarge
    Apparently INPA can because I was able to fix my issue. As I understand it now, the DME looks at the post cat o2's and uses them to calibrate the pre-cat o2 with the long term adaptations.
    Thanks. I guess I need the check my post car o2 sensors.....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TCW Click here to enlarge
    Hmm, my understanding is that the post-cat 02 sensors only monitor the effectiveness of the cats and, perhaps, cause the DME is adjust air-fuel to keep emissions within parameters.

Neil

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MDORPHN Click here to enlarge
    Hmm, my understanding is that the post-cat 02 sensors only monitor the effectiveness of the cats and, perhaps, cause the DME is adjust air-fuel to keep emissions within parameters.

Neil
    either way if they mess with AFRs I need to look at it. I should just replace all the o2 sensors at this point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12