Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

VRSF FMIC woes.... Startup issues

Ok so i recently installed my vrsf intercooler. It was a $#@! and needed adjustment multiple times as well as repositioning each clamp(kept sliding off). Everything seems ok and no 30ff but since installing it I noticed a few days after that when starting it sometimes usually when its sat for a lil it starts but only revs up to 1000-900rpm and instantly falls to 700rpm instead of going past 1000rpm. I was wondering if a boost leak could cause this.
    08 328i, totaled by women driver
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

VIDEO ADDED

Plzz tell me if this is normal.. It happened few days after fmic install, I get no 30ff though. It also only happens after car has been warmed up and has sat after driving for awhile. Can this be caused by a small boost leak?

View My Video
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mikolo-n54 Click here to enlarge
    Plzz tell me if this is normal.. It happened few days after fmic install, I get no 30ff though. It also only happens after car has been warmed up and has sat after driving for awhile. Can this be caused by a small boost leak?

View My Video
    Here embedded:

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

Have you talked to VRSF?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Here embedded:

<embed width="440" height="420" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v5.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=28ktru9&s=5"><br><font size="1"><a href="http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=28ktru9&s=5">Original Video</a> - More videos at <a href="http://tinypic.com">TinyPic</a></font>

Have you talked to VRSF?
    I have, he Tiago a leak could cause it but he's not sure, and that I should be throwing a code. The car pulls hard with no 30ff, now im wondering if its just an effect on having a larger intercooler.
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mikolo-n54 Click here to enlarge
    I have, he Tiago a leak could cause it but he's not sure, and that I should be throwing a code. The car pulls hard with no 30ff, now im wondering if its just an effect on having a larger intercooler.
    Did you reset adaptations?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    It has nothing to do with the FMIC. After sitting for a certain amount of time the fuel system will lose prime, if it sits long enough the car will prime the system when you hit unlock on the key fob however if it only sits for an hour or two then it doesn't automatically prime and it can cause "awkward" starts. My car has been doing this for A LONG time and I haven't seen it cause any issues.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I just watched a video of a car starting and idling perfectly normally. VRSF HELP US YOUR PRODUCT FUXORED MY CAR

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    It has nothing to do with the FMIC. After sitting for a certain amount of time the fuel system will lose prime, if it sits long enough the car will prime the system when you hit unlock on the key fob however if it only sits for an hour or two then it doesn't automatically prime and it can cause "awkward" starts. My car has been doing this for A LONG time and I haven't seen it cause any issues.
    I did reset adaptions. I had just never had this before and it seemed weird. Im going to try and get more videos because sometimes its different, I still don't think its normal but thanks for your input.
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DallasBoosted Click here to enlarge
    I just watched a video of a car starting and idling perfectly normally. VRSF HELP US YOUR PRODUCT FUXORED MY CAR
    Meh.. gotta say the vrsf sits slanted too like many others. could have better fitment. Plus the one side of the intercooler's ear was not drilled properly and I wasn't able to use the aftermarket bolt. I had to use the $#@! oem torx bolt. Could be a much better product imo and I kinda regret not going for the ets 5inch.
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Couldn't you enlarge the ear with a drill or a Dremel? It is half the price of other intercoolers. Not that I think less of the product, as I bought one.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    Couldn't you enlarge the ear with a drill or a Dremel? It is half the price of other intercoolers. Not that I think less of the product, as I bought one.
    I agree enlarging a whole shouldn't be too hard...The CX racing is about the same price only $100 more and I haven't heard of fitment issues.

mikolo are you thinking of selling it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    I agree enlarging a whole shouldn't be too hard...The CX racing is about the same price only $100 more and I haven't heard of fitment issues.

mikolo are you thinking of selling it?
    I will try. I guess its just because Tiago told me it would be a perfect fit with no cutting or drilling necessary as I don't have much tools at all. If I had known about the oem clamps you need to cut and the ok fitment I would have shelled out for a better fitting/easy install. The intercooler does preform as advertised so im gonna stick with it, just gotta ask some friends to borrow some tools and make a few modifications.
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

I sell godspeed intercoolers, bigger, badder, don't have issues.

(sorry to hijack)

The answer is what @rader1 said

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

It sounds like you haven't done much work on cars if you think installing an IC is a $#@!. On a scale of 1-10, it's about a 3. With that being said it probably sits crooked because on the install.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zeenon53 Click here to enlarge
    It sounds like you haven't done much work on cars if you think installing an IC is a $#@!. On a scale of 1-10, it's about a 3. With that being said it probably sits crooked because on the install.
    I pointed out the passenger side ear was not drilled for the provided bolt used to hold it in place, that there is causing the problem. No I don't do much work other then brakes, fluids, and other typical maintenance. My tools are also limited atm(no dremel). This install was definitely new territory for me.
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

It's great to see that you took initiative to install it yourself. Take your time watch the DIY video's that are posted and read through the threads. I've always said that if someone is going to $#@! something up I would rather it be me than some monkey in a shop.