Close

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: N20 Owners

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

The hardware can be taken care of as Vargas stated but there just isn't a level of tuning out there yet to accompany it. It will come...
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Just picked up a 328i. Looking forward to seeing what upgrades become available.

1721 E. Lambert Rd. Unit C, La Habra, CA, 90631
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I need Vargas N20 Turbos on my F30 MSPORT 328i ASAP! Click here to enlarge

-Frank
    Click here to enlarge
    Sean Singh | Sean@modbargains.com | (714) 582-3330 x 8009
    We Specialize In: BMW Parts In Stock | BMW Wheels Experts | BMW Brakes | BMW Suspension | VMR Wheels Experts | Cobb AccessPORT N54 In Stock | Avant Garde Wheels In Stock | BMW Headlights Fast Shipping | BMW Exhaust
    Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am-6:00pm / Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
    Check out our BLOG for the latest updates and discounts!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ModBargains.com Click here to enlarge
    I need Vargas N20 Turbos on my F30 MSPORT 328i ASAP! Click here to enlarge

-Frank
    We are working on one. We will see how it goes..Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Watch it, they have electric and vacuum turbos, according to the 5 N20's i've been screwing with at the shop......
    Click here to enlarge
    Vargas Turbo dealer and installation center
    Level 10 distributor and installation center
    Burger Motorsports Tier 2 dealer and installation center
    Turner Motorsports dealer and installation center
    Bimmerworld dealer and installation center
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    Watch it, they have electric and vacuum turbos, according to the 5 N20's i've been screwing with at the shop......
    Ive seen both as well. I am assuming if you spoof the map signal the DME will just control the gate as it would if it still had the vacuum system. They are ditching the vacuum pumps, canisters, solenoids, etc. As running wires is easier than all that other crap. For these we would most likely send the turbos with no actuator and you would attach your appropriate version before sending your core in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Are there any inherent advantages to power delivery and/or reliability considering electric vs. vacuum turbos?

What is the deal with BMW using different solenoids and turbo designs on a new car in less than a year?

Was there any consistency regarding build dates and which had an electric vs. vacuum turbo?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by morkusyambo Click here to enlarge
    Are there any inherent advantages to power delivery and/or reliability considering electric vs. vacuum turbos?

What is the deal with BMW using different solenoids and turbo designs on a new car in less than a year?

Was there any consistency regarding build dates and which had an electric vs. vacuum turbo?
    I thought I had explained it in the last post, the logic they are using would seem to be to me, why run an entire vacuum system when you can run a couple wires and program control into the DME. No idea on anything else.
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 12-16-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Any updates on this? I'm sure a lot of people are highly anticipating this!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nbrigdan Click here to enlarge
    Any updates on this? I'm sure a lot of people are highly anticipating this!
    We have the turbo out being test machined off the upgrade. But honestly we have received very little in the way of interest on the N20 stuff.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    We have the turbo out being test machined off the upgrade. But honestly we have received very little in the way of interest on the N20 stuff.
    Yeah it's still very early. That platform won't get going for another 2-3 years.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Dont even worry about it man. In a couple of years as Sticky said it will get bigger. It's just like APR, they make it then a couple years later, everyone only trusts them.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

When my warranty is up I will be interested. Just gotta convince my other half that we need 450+ whp

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DFM Click here to enlarge
    When my warranty is up I will be interested. Just gotta convince my other half that we need 450+ whp
    Just do it and don't tell her.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

i mean if you want to target a 4cyl audience, you may want to come back to VW, we're always looking for a quality upgrade.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

someone lemme build them a N20 and see what happens Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Vargas Turbo dealer and installation center
    Level 10 distributor and installation center
    Burger Motorsports Tier 2 dealer and installation center
    Turner Motorsports dealer and installation center
    Bimmerworld dealer and installation center
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Dont even worry about it man. In a couple of years as Sticky said it will get bigger. It's just like APR, they make it then a couple years later, everyone only trusts them.
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    i mean if you want to target a 4cyl audience, you may want to come back to VW, we're always looking for a quality upgrade.
    Problem is, the market is already very crowded. Why we came to this platform to begin with is because of the very limited offerings out there for people.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Problem is, the market is already very crowded. Why we came to this platform to begin with is because of the very limited offerings out there for people.
    Market is crowded, but no actual good solutions. You should make some type of EFR/GTX kit for that car like you did the N55.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

not necessarily in the TSI market. As of right now only APR and CTS make BT kits (excluding ko4 and 1 hybrid offering). Of course, for the 2.0FSI and 1.8T markets, I couldn't agree more.

Ideally you can get into the 3rd gen EA888 market (in current '14 cars), or the next gen which will be in the cars coming state side next year.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

not necessarily in the TSI market. As of right now only APR and CTS make BT kits (excluding ko4 and 1 hybrid offering). Of course, for the 2.0FSI and 1.8T markets, I couldn't agree more.

Ideally you can get into the 3rd gen EA888 market (in current '14 cars), or the next gen which will be in the cars coming state side next year.
    Give me some more info on the which models came with the TSI and who is currently making upgrades for it. I am not against trying to see what we can do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Give me some more info on the which models came with the TSI and who is currently making upgrades for it. I am not against trying to see what we can do.
    Honestly it's way smarter to focus on being the first to offer upgrades in a market that isn't crowded like VW. Going head to head with APR is impossible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

(these are like '09-'13 models, 2.0TSI, a lot of the newest models switched to 1.8 TSI EA888 engines, just doing North america)
    MK5 GTI Starting at 2008.5
    MK6 GTI
    Jetta GLI
    CC
    Passat
    Tiguan
    Beetle R-Line
    Audi A3
    Audi TT

Then with valvelift you have
    Audi A4
    Audi A5
    Q3
    Q5

APR makes kits for a few of these, GT28RS and GT3071. It's mostly one size fits all based on if it's FWD or AWD.

CTS offers a few kits too, however it's CTS. Most people don't trust them all that much. Mostly just people overseas running their GTX30 kits.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Honestly it's way smarter to focus on being the first to offer upgrades in a market that isn't crowded like VW. Going head to head with APR is impossible.
    not necessarily. APR is good, but they're expensive. They have a HUGE overhead, which is understandable given what they do. Given what tony has done with the N54 kits at their price point, I can see VTT being able to break into a "stage 3" level kit (370-400whp/340-370wtq range) at a pretty desirable price. At that type of power you don't need injectors or rods, plus it would eliminate the need for new valves that a portion of cars need when they go k04.

If he could get a kit to come in at around $4800 and partner with someone like GIAC in California or even a good VW tuner on Eurodyne,or the fairly new to the block tuners Driver Motorsport, it would be a pretty competitive offering against APR. It helps that aside from tuning, a turbo kit for 1 car will bolt up to quite a few others. Fab on these cars should be a hell of a lot easier than it was on the N54 as there isn't really any space issues. Biggest challenge would be Manifold for AWD vehicles and getting an Intake with Stock manifold positioning.

or wait to get your hands on a MK7 GTI or Golf-R with an already better foundation and will be market.

unfortunately APR already has their hands on that, so you can't beat them to market, but you can get a product out there quick, as opposed to being a few years behind. Plus you'll probably have every tuner that isn't APR willing to work with you to get their tunes out there.
    Last edited by chrisisnapping; 02-11-2014 at 05:27 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

not necessarily. APR is good, but they're expensive. They have a HUGE overhead, which is understandable given what they do. Given what tony has done with the N54 kits at their price point, I can see VTT being able to break into a "stage 3" level kit (370-400whp/340-370wtq range) at a pretty desirable price. At that type of power you don't need injectors or rods, plus it would eliminate the need for new valves that a portion of cars need when they go k04.

If he could get a kit to come in at around $4800 and partner with someone like GIAC in California or even a good VW tuner on Eurodyne, it would be a pretty competitive offering against APR. It helps that aside from tuning, a turbo kit for 1 car will bolt up to quite a few others. Fab on these cars should be a hell of a lot easier than it was on the N54 as there isn't really any space issues. Biggest challenge would be Manifold for AWD vehicles and getting an Intake with Stock manifold positioning.

or wait to get your hands on a MK7 GTI or Golf-R with an already better foundation and will be market.

unfortunately APR already has their hands on that, so you can't beat them to market, but you can get a product out there quick, as opposed to being a few years behind. Plus you'll probably have every tuner that isn't APR willing to work without to get their tunes out there.
    I have no intention of going head to head with APR, just curious as to what is out there. But I just took a look at their site. Complete StageIII+ turbo kit with everything you need, including high pressure injectors, cast manifold, garrett turbo, tune, downpipes, etc, etc, etc for $5999 and you guys are complaining about them being too expensive? That seems like a very reasonably priced kit for what you get. I would consider a stock frame upgrade, but taking on that kit seems like a losing endeavor.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast