Close

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by amclint Click here to enlarge
    I agree that stock for stock a M3 is faster than an 1M, since I was reading around I figured I'd post some info I found:

MT Comparo of 1M vs M3, 9.8 to 10.5 on the 0-100mph time. But 1/4 mile trap is ~4mph higher for the M3, so it's clearly walking away after ~70mph.

Car lengths are a factor of time to distance, the M3 and the 1M in the comparo aren't all that far off in terms of 1/4 mile ET (.2 seconds would be a few car lengths). I see the two cars being nearly even in the 1/8th mile with the M3 moving out from the 1/8th to the 1/4 and obviously beyond that.

Also should be noted that I found a few stock 1M cars that have personal vbox times just under 10 seconds as well as a few euro mags that claim 9.8s 0-160kph but the MT comparo was both cars run at the same place/time/temp/etc.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...n/viewall.html
    Great post.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This isn't a democracy bob hence rep power. I don't disagree the public has spoken but so have I.

I made it front page because as always it's a hot topic and believe it or not what people want to view/read. The N54 guys get plenty of great coverage showing them beating cars it's ok when one loses. Even to an M3. It's fine, really.

I'm not as surprised as disappointed guys want to neg him into oblivion rather than engage him. We're here to talk. I'm sure we can all be reasonable and respect other viewpoints.

Btw, I feel the OP has made a lot of mistakes especially technical ones for the record.
    I hear what your saying but IMO you should just let things evolve..... That would be the last idiotic thread posted by him, now that his rep is back, get ready for more...

The content stays relevant and intelligent bc if someone posts crap they pay for it with negs
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sticky you aren't seeing the point. Okay we get it you have a M3 so you want to side with someone that is delusional and has a M3. Like I said in my previous post, I had BOTH E92 DCT FBO M3 and now have a E92 FBO AT 335. My 335 before I sold my M3 put 3-4 cars on my M3. We are not saying the M3 is a crappy car or can't be modded to go fast etc. The M3 is a fantastic car, looks amazing, sounds amazing and drives amazing. BUT we are comparing speeds between a FBO M3 and a FBO 335 Yes the 335 with 91 octane and M3 with 91 octane will be dead even or the M3 might get the edge, but once you put either e85 or run Meth the game changes...

Basically

FBO M3 DCT 91 octane VS FBO 335 AT 91 octane = close race can go either way
    FBO m3 DCT 100 race gas & meth VS FBO 335 AT E85 & meth = 335 pulling by 2-3 cars.

Simple

Highest traps for FBO N/A M3 is 118mph
    Highest raps for FBO Stock turbo 335 125mph

That's a huge difference man.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Now when Vargas kit releases and crazy 335 owners like myself get one and want to push it to the limit and see where the stock n54 engine is limited before blowing. Then we can talk Fully Built S65 m3 vs Stock motor N54 Upgraded turbo talk.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Linracing Click here to enlarge
    Sticky you aren't seeing the point. Okay we get it you have a M3 so you want to side with someone that is delusional and has a M3. Like I said in my previous post, I had BOTH E92 DCT FBO M3 and now have a E92 FBO AT 335. My 335 before I sold my M3 put 3-4 cars on my M3. We are not saying the M3 is a crappy car or can't be modded to go fast etc. The M3 is a fantastic car, looks amazing, sounds amazing and drives amazing. BUT we are comparing speeds between a FBO M3 and a FBO 335 Yes the 335 with 91 octane and M3 with 91 octane will be dead even or the M3 might get the edge, but once you put either e85 or run Meth the game changes...

Basically

FBO m3 DCT 100 race gas & meth VS FBO 335 AT E85 & meth = 335 pulling by 2-3 cars.

Simple

Voice of reason, good post
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I hear what your saying but IMO you should just let things evolve..... That would be the last idiotic thread posted by him, now that his rep is back, get ready for more...

The content stays relevant and intelligent bc if someone posts crap they pay for it with negs
    If he does more I'll neg him. I personally prefer to correct him rather than silence him.

I agree with you Bob.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Linracing Click here to enlarge

Basically

Simple

It's not because I have an M3 it's because everyone ganged up on him and I can balance this a bit more as it is one-sided.

I know the specs, tuning, and modifications for both cars quite well. I know the stats quite well also. I corrected the aspects I saw as incorrect already.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I beat m3s on foot . With my car down I've gotten lightning fast esp with my new pumas.

Every single car is different. I beat my friends manual m3 in my 370z that trapped 112. Sticky loves getting a rise out if n54 owners with this topic and it works every time lol

If my car ran and was on stock turbos ... I'd run any m3 for any amount of money any day of the week at any time. That sums up my opinion Click here to enlarge with that said I've ran other n54s and annihilated them so this video is as valid as any other.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I had a FBO 335i and was in the 335i scene for 6 years. They are fast, but on pump there nothing that serious when it comes to faster cars, you need race gas/ e85/meth to play with bigger boys. I think the video was pretty good showing what it is, the 335i did good and held super good up high.being on pump/
    There fast cars for what they are but a pain in the ass to keep fast and consistent. Basically one of the factors of why I let mine go. I played with a few DCT M3's with my 3 on pump vs pump, there fast not slow. I never demolished them on pump. I think more guys have to take there cars out to play and not assume because one guy beats one its the default. 6 spd M3's that I have run were on the slow side. Add meth/racegas to the 335i, and it will walk stock DCT as I have seen this. Never ran a FBO DCT M3 with my 3 with race gas or Meth so I wont comment.
    ///M5 LCI
    "It's like the F10 is the 911 Turbo to the E60's GT3" -Pistonheads (M5 feature)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5soko Click here to enlarge
    I had a FBO 335i and was in the 335i scene for 6 years. They are fast, but on pump there nothing that serious when it comes to faster cars, you need race gas/ e85/meth to play with bigger boys. I think the video was pretty good showing what it is, the 335i did good and held super good up high!
    There fast cars for what they are but a pain in the ass to keep fast and consistent. Basically one of the factors of why I let mine go. I played with a few DCT M3's with my 3, there fast not slow. I never demolished them on pump. I think more guys have to take there cars out to play and not assume because one guy beats one its the default. 6 spd M3's that I have run were on the slow side.
    Finally reasonable posts in this thread regarding the performance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    After 5 pages and not one person actually explains away this video? They post other videos which are not nearly as clearly stated, cleanly started and yet nobody can explain the video I posted? It was a bad n54 then I guess right? Who cares if you have drive or owned both? Feeling a car can be wildly different than how fast it goes if you measure it. It boils down to anyone getting that defensive is jelous. No m3 guy really cares when the n54 guys whine because we have the car they desire. It only works the other way around when they are jelous and insecure they go wild

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With the money that half these n54 guys put into thier 335's they could all buy m3's....ur missing the point, can't say I didn't call that though
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    trollololol
    11.76 @ 124 (123.9) full weight e92 335i, street tires, no meth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i like how this article ignores all the evidence posted to contrary... no bias at all.

we're talking straight line on a highway here, and it's clear the original video the car isn't running as strongly as it could be...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You're writing checks the N54 can't cash. I'd love to show you the ass whooping I'd give 100% of N54 owners on this website. Pick any one you want me to run I expect my trans to be done by the end of the month.
    Challenge accepted Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If a car catches up and passes another car that was ahead of it, wouldn't that mean it's faster? We're talking basic physics of acceleration. That's what I saw at the end of the video. Anyone can get the jump on someone. I did it to my friends GTR all the time, didn't mean I'm faster.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lol this thread is ridiculous, people need to grow up. The 335 can be made fast just like the m3, at the end of the day it's all about who has the deepest pockets. I love the 335/n54 maybe even a little more than the e9x m3, but 40+ years from now people will be collecting m3's not 335's.
    ps: e46 m3/ s54 ftw

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    Lol this thread is ridiculous, people need to grow up. The 335 can be made fast just like the m3, at the end of the day it's all about who has the deepest pockets. I love the 335/n54 maybe even a little more than the e9x m3, but 40+ years from now people will be collecting m3's not 335's.
    ps: e46 m3/ s54 ftw
    I agree 100%

At the end of the day there will be more 335i faster than m3s in straight line, hell probably is more today. What people will collect is obvious.

I am not about collecting and never will be, i also am not a track junkie and don't have the time, thus i pick the 335. it also fits my budget very well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    POPCORN lol

not gonna post my 2 ton car vs an M3 lol
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    With the money that half these n54 guys put into thier 335's they could all buy m3's....ur missing the point, can't say I didn't call that though
    There's a fairly large monetary divide between the two let's be real. I hate the oh I coyld have an m3 argument as it's BS. Go ahead, do what I do with my M3. I don't mean you specifically bob.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    I agree 100%

At the end of the day there will be more 335i faster than m3s in straight line, hell probably is more today. What people will collect is obvious.

I am not about collecting and never will be, i also am not a track junkie and don't have the time, thus i pick the 335. it also fits my budget very well.
    The 335 is easier and cheaper to mod so you will see more because of that not because it's better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    i like how this article ignores all the evidence posted to contrary... no bias at all.

we're talking straight line on a highway here, and it's clear the original video the car isn't running as strongly as it could be...
    What evidence? Video is cgi?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    If a car catches up and passes another car that was ahead of it, wouldn't that mean it's faster? We're talking basic physics of acceleration. That's what I saw at the end of the video. Anyone can get the jump on someone. I did it to my friends GTR all the time, didn't mean I'm faster.
    No it means it's faster at a certain mile per hour. The m3 is faster in the vast majority of acceleration spreads.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Hey, posting a video of an M3 beating a 335i is fine, but... oh wait, that didn't happen. Not only is the OP spewing bull$#@!, but the 335 clearly pulled ahead before the end of the race. This is why the OP is getting frowned upon like a Catholic priest in a Chuck E. Cheese. Does the fact that a well modded N54 beat an M3 make me feel like king nut sack colossus? No, because it was up against at stock M3, so it's not really a huge accomplishment. The issue is the OP is full of $#@!.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What evidence? Video is cgi?
    what?
    boop

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast