Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who hasn't said they are close? Nobody has this down.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well they had to give up on 'stage 1' because it didn't actually increase flow enough, and their website says a lot about how many thousands of hours they've spent working on it.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think the N54's HPFP was a just a little too much for them.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    Well they had to give up on 'stage 1' because it didn't actually increase flow enough, and their website says a lot about how many thousands of hours they've spent working on it.
    Not sure where you are getting this from. It appears they actually have a successful upgrade for sale. Maybe they just didn't advertise it here because they thought there wasn't enough demand, but I doupt it Click here to enlarge Wasn't the whole point of this thread just a guage to see if there was interesnt in a HPFPUPGRADE ???

From their website:

After a year of development we are proud to release our fueling upgrades for the BMW market!

The Stage 1 fuel system will include pump and injector rail. The injector rail is needed to reach the full potential of the Stage 1 and 2 fuel pumps. The Stage 1 fuel system will deliver enough fuel to meet the demands of 550HP with proper tuning. 600HP will be possible with in tank pump upgrades and racing fuel. On average we see a 20% flow increase from our Stage 1 fuel pumps.

Stage 2 fuel system be capable of 700HP with upgraded in tank fuel pump and upgraded feed lines. Bench testing has shown the Stage fuel pump delivering enough fuel to support 800HP if the feed side demands are high enough (low pressure side). This is with proper supporting modifications and proper tuning. On average we see a 40% increase in our Stage 2 fuel pumps. Release of the Stage 2 fuel pump will be midsummer.

We have the only independent test bench in the nation for testing the BMW fuel pumps. Without releasing to many details of our test bench we had to develop and design a oil pressure feed and drain system to run the pumps at "operating parameters" on our test bench. It was one of the most difficult designs we have tested to date!

Beware of the competition, they are simply drilling a hole and calling it an upgrade. This is not the proper way to upgrade the BMW fuel pump. Several other modifications are needed to reach the true potential of what we consider an "upgrade".

We want our fuel pumps to be the premier pump for the BMW market, so we are offering a bounty for those that push their car to the limit. In the 12 months after purchasing the fuel pump, and you can deliver Dyno Jet dyno results or 1/4 mile times of:
    First 5 people running 600 + WHP will receive $250 refund
    First 5 people running 700 + WHP will receive $500 refund
    First 5 people running 11.5 or lower seconds in the 1/4 mile will receive $250 refund
    First 5 people running 10.50 or lower in the 1/4 mile will receive $500 refund
    Stage 1: $1,295.00
    Stage 2: $2,290.50

Source: http://hpfpupgrade.com/Products/Show...System+Upgrade

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Alex325i Click here to enlarge
    Not sure where you are getting this from. It appears they actually have a successful upgrade for sale. Maybe they just didn't advertise it here because they thought there wasn't enough demand, but I doupt it Click here to enlarge Wasn't the whole point of this thread just a guage to see if there was interesnt in a HPFPUPGRADE ???

From their website:

Stage 1: $1,295.00
    Stage 2: $2,290.50

Source: http://hpfpupgrade.com/Products/Show...System+Upgrade
    nah they don't, hold on i'll grab the email

"We have test cars running them right now, we were not happy with the performance of the S1 fuel pump, so we are starting development on the S2 fuel pump. I should have S2 fuel pumps in testing before the end of next month. When we have established functionality and performance we will issue a formal release of these fuel pumps. The S1 fuel pump will be removed from the site as it doesn't meet the current needs of our testers.

Thanks,

John"

that was 08/30/13.

bit weird saying 'we have cars running them' and 'we are starting development' lol... but yes, 5~ months on and they haven't even updated the website. who knows what's going on... i also love the dig at the 'competition' Click here to enlarge... and how they're saying 'that's not the way to do it'... if they knew what the way was, surely they'd have the upgrade by now?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i also love the dig at the 'competition' Click here to enlarge... and how they're saying 'that's not the way to do it'... if they knew what the way was, surely they'd have the upgrade by now?
    My thoughts exactly. I never took them seriously anyways.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Brendan,

We are still working on getting all the last min stuff taken care of on this product. We are hoping to have it done soon.
    thanks,

Gina
    yeah i'm gonna hold my breath for this one.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yeah i'm gonna hold my breath for this one.
    Let's be positive. If these guys come through after all the crap they had to sit through I'd find that poetic justice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Let's be positive. If these guys come through after all the crap they had to sit through I'd find that poetic justice.
    That's true, i'd just rather them be honest.. we were told 'won't take long, we're pros yo' 7 months ago.. i was told 'just about done, little trouble' 3 months ago.. and i was just told 'soon' now...

Would rather the truth 'we're having some big troubles with the unique system, and it's going to take a little more time'... proEFI i'm ok with, because they've come out saying 'it's not working out well but we're going to do it'... HPFPupgrade just comes off as 'we're having lots of trouble and stalling' and lying about it.

If they take much longer, with the other attempts to find a solution it's looking like it may be too little too late, plus the whole sour taste thing.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's true, i'd just rather them be honest.. we were told 'won't take long, we're pros yo' 7 months ago.. i was told 'just about done, little trouble' 3 months ago.. and i was just told 'soon' now...

Would rather the truth 'we're having some big troubles with the unique system, and it's going to take a little more time'... proEFI i'm ok with, because they've come out saying 'it's not working out well but we're going to do it'... HPFPupgrade just comes off as 'we're having lots of trouble and stalling' and lying about it.

If they take much longer, with the other attempts to find a solution it's looking like it may be too little too late, plus the whole sour taste thing.
    I don't take their stance as lying. They aren't saying they have something for sale that solves everyone's problems.

It will come. It has to. I'm pretty much bored of beating you guys over the head with your fuel pumps.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't take their stance as lying. They aren't saying they have something for sale that solves everyone's problems.

It will come. It has to. I'm pretty much bored of beating you guys over the head with your fuel pumps.
    True, but it seems they're saying they have the ability to provide the product which they haven't yet backed up. with even an out of focus fully assembled OEM pump lol.

hahaha yes, you need some real meat to hold over us next Click here to enlarge.. fuelling is just an annoying issue that really shouldn't be this damn difficult.. on other platforms it's literally one of the first things..
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    True, but it seems they're saying they have the ability to provide the product which they haven't yet backed up.
    They have on other platforms so I would interpret this as the ability to work with direct injection not necessarily them specifically saying they have the ability for the N54.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They have on other platforms so I would interpret this as the ability to work with direct injection not necessarily them specifically saying they have the ability for the N54.
    yeah, and with the VAG solenoid stuff, the injectors themselves are easily modified for higher flow too, none of their stuff is fully sealed, the HPFP kits are just swap out internal upgrades

both the N54 hpfp and injectors are weird fancy sealed stuff as far as i'm aware Click here to enlarge

It's almost like comparing port injection to direct injection, saying you can work on direct injection as a whole.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yeah, and with the VAG solenoid stuff, the injectors themselves are easily modified for higher flow too, none of their stuff is fully sealed, the HPFP kits are just swap out internal upgrades
    I don't believe this is correct for all applications @chrisisnapping

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I don't believe this is correct for all applications @chrisisnapping
    not correct for all applications. the EA888 2.0T TSI engine found in North American vehicles have a sealed HPFP that cannot be opened and modified.

Of course Flinchy is from Australia where they have a different HPFP attached to those cars which allows for easier upgrading.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    not correct for all applications. the EA888 2.0T TSI engine found in North American vehicles have a sealed HPFP that cannot be opened and modified.

Of course Flinchy is from Australia where they have a different HPFP attached to those cars which allows for easier upgrading.
    I'm learning things about VW's. How about that?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

ahhh fair enough, i'm no VAG expert, or even really an amateur, barely scratched the surface lol, just have seen at least in SOME DI motors, the internals can be upgraded by the customers with custom parts correct?

Is it true the HPFP over here is different for the EA888? i know with cars like the golf R, there truly are huge differences between NA and european/australasian etc. delivered ones.. but that's a strange and huge difference.

with the american EA888 HPFP's... do they get replaced with either a modified, or an un-sealed modifiable one?

or is only the EA113 HPFP upgradeable?

ED: i shouldn't have said 'none of their stuff is fully sealed'.. more 'not all of their stuff'... nor should i have said 'easily' but 'possible to be'
    Last edited by Flinchy; 01-15-2014 at 08:46 PM.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i'm no VAG expert, or even really an amateur, barely scratched the surface lol, just have seen at least in SOME
    What every girlfriend you have ever had has said about you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL I'm still laughing and I can't help it every time I see VAG. My mind just wants to process it the way it wants to process it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What every girlfriend you have ever had has said about you.
    LOL

LOL I'm still laughing and I can't help it every time I see VAG. My mind just wants to process it the way it wants to process it.
    I totally spaced on it. wow. hahahhaha
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    We'll probably see an upgraded HPFP from them about 2 months after someone else releases one lol. John is a joke and banned from just about every Mazda or SRT-4 forum out there.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I once posted something on Facebook along the lines of "any of you VAG people going to waterfest?"

Got some interesting texts about that.
    @Flinchy I'm on my phone now, I'll clear some of that stuff up tomorrow when I get to work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I once posted something on Facebook along the lines of "any of you VAG people going to waterfest?"
    I can imagine the responses.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There is only 1 way to process it.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

ahhh fair enough, i'm no VAG expert, or even really an amateur, barely scratched the surface lol, just have seen at least in SOME DI motors, the internals can be upgraded by the customers with custom parts correct?
    This is correct, APR sells a number of "upgrade kits" for HPFP found in various DI VAG cars, including the Audi TT-RS 2.5T and the EA114 2.0T FSI engine found in the MK5 GTI (until 2008.5 when it switched to the EA888 TSI)

Is it true the HPFP over here is different for the EA888? i know with cars like the golf R, there truly are huge differences between NA and european/australasian etc. delivered ones.. but that's a strange and huge difference.
    There are quite a few differences between the EA888 found in NA against the rest of the world.

Mechanically speaking though the HPFP between a NA EA888 and an Australia EA888 is different, it also fires differently. The heads are different, coding is different in the ECU and i heard that some of the actual hardware within the ECU is different. I'm sure there are more, i just can't think of anything else off the top of my head

with the american EA888 HPFP's... do they get replaced with either a modified, or an un-sealed modifiable one?

or is only the EA113 HPFP upgradeable?
    the EA113 is upgradable (as are other HPFP in the VAG world, APR has a number of DI HPFP out). At this time no one has been able to modify or replace the HPFP on the EA888 in NA with another unit. If APR hasn't been able to do it, pretty much no one will be.

The alternatives is a few companies (including APR) are in the testing/development stages of new Intake manifolds, with port injection. APR has also said they are working with external controllers for port injection but wants everything to be as close to OEM as they can get it, so it's probably not going to be out for at least another year.

At that point you're talking about a small pool of buyers, given the limitations of FWD and the width of tires we can run. Not many people are looking to make 600whp+ on this car. Unless for the purposes of a drag car (they have been proven to put down decent 60' times when set up correctly) or doing an AWD swap.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast