Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

8 out of 15 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

High pressure fuel pump... affordable upgrade?

This post by hpfpupgrade is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds good. Do you have any pics of the finished products? Is there anyone running Stage 1 pumps?
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You are really going to want to have some data to back up any claims you make with this crowd. I don't expect you to give away trade secrets, but if you say your pump flows better, we expect a volume vs. rpm graph with a couple different traces at various pressures to prove the pump is an improvement over the stock pump.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    Sounds good. Do you have any pics of the finished products? Is there anyone running Stage 1 pumps?
    Pictures wouldn't show the work we are doing. With GDI applications only small changes have to be made in order to see huge gains. We are working out the fuel rail upgrade right now, then the S1 pumps will be getting tested. We have tested them on the flow bench with 15 to 20% gains in flow.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    You are really going to want to have some data to back up any claims you make with this crowd. I don't expect you to give away trade secrets, but if you say your pump flows better, we expect a volume vs. rpm graph with a couple different traces at various pressures to prove the pump is an improvement over the stock pump.
    I would rather have my customers back up the performance gains vs posting any graphs or charts. Numbers can be falsified, customer results cannot. Next, the pump and rail work as a pair not as individuals. We are going to post the cc's/min on the S1 and S2 fuel pumps very soon but that will not be the actual results from our upgrade. I will have customer results posted very soon, that should work better than the engineering papers or graphs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hpfpupgrade Click here to enlarge
    I would rather have my customers back up the performance gains vs posting any graphs or charts. Numbers can be falsified, customer results cannot. Next, the pump and rail work as a pair not as individuals. We are going to post the cc's/min on the S1 and S2 fuel pumps very soon but that will not be the actual results from our upgrade. I will have customer results posted very soon, that should work better than the engineering papers or graphs.
    I like engineering papers and graphs personally. I think you are confusing this forum for another one that prefers hopes and dreams and approval from certain people. As for data falsification... novel idea: don't falsify it. That will prevent you from being run out of town, and from being burnt at the stake for making baseless claims. This crowd has seen one too many baseless claims in the past, so to be taken serious, come back with those honest graphs (even if preliminary), and follow them up with some actual results.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Releasing something that didn't meet the needs of the customer is like starting my own problems, LOL!!!

We will have the pump flow increase posted soon enough, but like I stated in my other post its the pair of parts that make up the increase in fuel not just one of them.

I would rather have the customers post up results, how can I claim or falsify those? I can't so that is what we will do first, then follow up with the data.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Releasing something that didn't meet the needs of the customer is like starting my own problems, LOL!!!

We will have the pump flow increase posted soon enough, but like I stated in my other post its the pair of parts that make up the increase in fuel not just one of them.

I would rather have the customers post up results, how can I claim or falsify those? I can't so that is what we will do first, then follow up with the data.
    You make it sound like this upgrade is already in the hands of a couple customers. Is this true?

Or are you asking for people to send them parts so you can upgrade them and then they can test...and then they can post about the results?
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    definitely not better than proper papers and graphs by any stretch of the imagination

good to know you're offering a cheaper option though.

because to start with.... sterile 'perfect world' results are a good baseline... all sorts of external factors can effect how they truly perform

good to hear there'll be proper flow rate increase numbers though.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    I like engineering papers and graphs personally. I think you are confusing this forum for another one that prefers hopes and dreams and approval from certain people. As for data falsification... novel idea: don't falsify it. That will prevent you from being run out of town, and from being burnt at the stake for making baseless claims. This crowd has seen one too many baseless claims in the past, so to be taken serious, come back with those honest graphs (even if preliminary), and follow them up with some actual results.
    a short video would go a long way if possible too, allay fears you're testing them badly or whatever

wouldn't take long, doesn't need to be world class professional.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well just some discussion on what’s being improved. The pump inlet, spring, and rail are mentioned, but not the pump outlet. Inlet and rpm (return spring I take it) do not seem to be an issue so far. Modifying the rail is opening up the orifices to reduce restriction (I guess)… why is this helping when PD pump is linear flow up to its mechanical efficiency limits. Does it have to do with flow/time related to piston pulses… just curious as everyone is just discussing general capacity but no one seems to explain/understand the cause. I little PD 101 would be interesting for me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

How about we stop marketing fuel pump upgrades without first publishing flow data before/after to at least provide a minimal evaluation for their performance?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Pictures wouldn't show the work we are doing. With GDI applications only small changes have to be made in order to see huge gains. We are working out the fuel rail upgrade right now, then the S1 pumps will be getting tested. We have tested them on the flow bench with 15 to 20% gains in flow.

LOL. You must be new to marketing.

didn't you guys already run a thread that nobody really cared about, because you've scammed individuals on other forums with your 'upgrades' that promise big and deliver little?

Why don't you come up with some concrete evidence that your product actually does something. You'll notice traditional fuel pumps will actually plot out linear flow maps that show various gains in different pressure ranges.

Why not provide a useful graph to show what you've come up with that shows a measurable difference in pump output versus engine rpm. If you bothered to look into the issue, low rpm and high rpm are the current starvation points. Are your upgrades to the pump safe for e85?

If you cannot demonstrate using a picture what you are changing/doing, then you aren't changing/doing anything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    results sell products.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

7 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135Hoser Click here to enlarge
    low rpm and high rpm are the current starvation points.
    isn't it just low mid>upper mid? high RPM's haven't shown much problem even with the vargas upgrade... and low RPM's have never shown a problem?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vigorous Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    love it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

So you're going to post real world data then bench data? That works fine for me, just seems reversed of normal. Either way, not to derail your efforts that's not my intent at all... i just much prefer something to look at other than words on a forum ya know? You give us nothing but hope. And since I have no idea who you first hand or what your products for bmw's are like, nor do I have time to research every claim made online, you're going to need more than that. Hope to see something good here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The funny thing is Sticky accepted sponsorship from this guy....
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    I wouldn't say it's his job to personally vett every vendor but the forum members do a good enough job of that anyway. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 06-12-2013 at 10:17 AM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I thought N54 HPFP upgrades have been selling well because of not showing their flow per RPM data. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I haven't seen any reliable data of current "HPFP upgrades" in the market that would show the porting to increase flow in the mid range. I believe we need HPFP piston upgrade to cover that rev range.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    What has he done wrong here?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Would you like to see an affordable high pressure pump and rail upgrade? We would only be able to offer this as a S1 system due to the S2 pump needing internal upgrades (hard parts) we would not feel comfortable putting inside of a used fuel pump.

The S1 pump would have the inlet upgrade and spring upgrade to support higher RPM use. We would modify the fuel rail for proper feed and discharge rates/port angle to match that of the S1 fuel pump.

This would be a "send us your fuel pump and rail" upgrade program. There would be a 30 day warranty on the work performed, not on the parts (used parts make it very difficult to issue a warranty). Turn around time would be 2 to 3 working days (weekends are not working days). We can express ship the fuel pump back for additional costs.

$495 + shipping for the pump upgrade and rail modifications, $395 + shipping for BB members.

I was really against this due to the different revisions from BMW on the fuel pumps but the customers want an affordable option for more fuel. The S1 pump will help with the E85 guys needing more fuel but will not resolve all the fueling needs for E85, that will be left to our S2 fuel pump.

What I need is people to post if they want to see this as an option listed on our site. We will officially have the S1 pump ready end of this month with S2 pumps ready the month after.

Please keep this on topic and lets get the fuel you guys want to power your BMW!
    This won't be enough to get guys to send in pumps. You need to show something.

I think due to some past issues you have an uphill battle. You need to go above and beyond.

Get some reputable members to work with you on this and offer them a discount. They will show their results showing this is for real and in addition to that you should supply before/after data, photos, videos, dynos, everything. I mean throw so much data at them there are no doubts. That is my advice and what I would do but it's your business.

No need to neg rep him guys seriously give him a chance.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast