Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wannbm5 Click here to enlarge
    Anyone know how the S85 faired back in its run? I would think it would have equalled the s65 but I know it did not which is odd given it was one of the very few v10's and has all the technology and response of the v8. The thing with the s65 and I am not knocking it as I am ridiculously in love with my m3, is the 3-4 category is kind of weak and there are no other v8's it goes up against. If it was a test of the best v8 than I think it would fair a lot worse. It kind of makes you wonder if there is some thought of this in design because winning that award is a huge marketing tool for bmw and tehy use it in a lot of their press. Keeping it at 4L means they dominate that 3-4 category
    The S85 did very well.

2 International Engine of the Year Awards.
    1 Best New Engine Awards
    3 Best Performance Engine Awards
    4 Best above 4.0 liter awards

Actually, that makes 10 awards beating the N54. Whoopsies good catch! N54 remains most awarded six-cylinder.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I am going to guess these are the awards where price doesn't matter. Mclaren motor wins 3-4L category... well no $#@!...lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SexiPYm3 Click here to enlarge
    I completely understand what you are getting at. I too share some similar thoughts, but I've just decided to sit back and see what happens. Funny you mention a 300zx, I've actually owned 3. lol. My E46 M3, I love, and is a completely different car. I've had my share of cars to experiment and test. I would love to see another high revving na M motor. But because of the economy, evolution, other car brands, and many other factors, BMW has decided to go in a different direction. This might turn out to be a spectacular thing. There are a high number of enthusiasts that want to see a FI M3 just as there are just as many enthusiasts that want the M3 to retain a high rev na motor. But at some people, do the people quit crying and complaining and just wait and see. All this complaining is getting old now. So if you are going to talk about other car brands doing what BMW should be doing and you don't like the direction of BMW, then go to another brand. That simple.
    Makes sense... I miss my E46 M3 - loved that thing. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The S55 will win awards no doubt. Interesting the S63 isn't doing too well though.
    Ha...S63 got beat out by the AMG 5.5L V8.

S63 won't ever when this award. No way it is going from 4th to first in the future.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    S63 won't ever when this award. No way it is going from 4th to first in the future.
    Agreed, says a lot though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12