Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    As for the turbo Im just not understanding the benefit. Out of all the setups I've seen it seems like that company that made the roots style blower has the most potential. Someone please explain why this is better please
    For peak power the roots has the least potential in this regard. To make the boost necessary it moves the roots out of its efficiency zone and you would need a twin screw at that point. And nobody is going to be able to fit a screw with the size necessary in order to match these turbos so it will never win as it is a physical impossibility.

If it was a matter of getting this seen by as many m3 owners as possible why not put it on m3forum ( I had to start a thread over there for it)
    m3forum is pretty much dead for E9X development it only is good for the E46 if that.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    sticky you should hire people to promote this forum more in other states and completely take over the forum market. Show what this forum is good for and how the tech data provided here overshadows anything posted on other forums.

Your doing a good job and shouldn't worry about this small speed bump.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Sticky but won't the roots style produce more useable low end torq without any lag? I figured the turbos would make insane power up top but I imagine it won't be very usable
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    e46-m3-ripClick here to enlarge
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current
    http://theworstdrug.com/25

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Artsoasis Click here to enlarge
    sticky you should hire people to promote this forum more in other states and completely take over the forum market. Show what this forum is good for and how the tech data provided here overshadows anything posted on other forums.

Your doing a good job and shouldn't worry about this small speed bump.
    Thanks man I appreciate it I just don't understand how strangers who don't even know me support me more than a company I've supported for years and spent money with. I mean we should be supporting each other.

I'll just work hard, show great data, be professional, and work hard. I'll expand the forum network so eggs are not in one basket. Success is the way to do it. I can't control anyone else but myself.

Thanks for the support it means a lot to me, thank you.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

@Sticky but won't the roots style produce more useable low end torq without any lag? I figured the turbos would make insane power up top but I imagine it won't be very usable
    It will produce more instant torque than any of these other setups, yes. But it will never be able to match the raw power of the turbos or centri's. The turbos are the best middle ground between the two.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting. The final results will be interesting that's for sure. I can't see it making more than 800whp, any more than that would be useless
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I know you're quite upset and everything, but to them you're just another customer. You go in their shop do what you have to do and when everything is said and done you move along. I know it could be quite frustrating but you shouldn't take it personal, its just business. They came up with the kit to make money, and with promoting it there it will help them even more. Hope you're not too upset and be happy with your kit man.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aaaaaaa Click here to enlarge
    I know you're quite upset and everything, but to them you're just another customer. You go in their shop do what you have to do and when everything is said and done you move along. I know it could be quite frustrating but you shouldn't take it personal, its just business. They came up with the kit to make money, and with promoting it there it will help them even more. Hope you're not too upset and be happy with your kit man.
    Over three years I thought we developed a relationship that was more than that. I mean I'm sacrificing my time and money to build the forum. I'm giving up everything for that, giving it all I have to give. Don't they see how much it means to me? Why else would my car be under the knife for that long? What other customer has stuck by this long?

Drew ditches them and spit on them. I sat through thick and thin, no matter what. I don't even get a one hour head start? Or the courtesy of the same content?

Sure, it's just business. I guess that's how I will treat it even though I stood up for them more than any customer ever would. But there are also things like loyalty, honor, and integrity which money doesn't buy.

Plus after the car is done who am I going to be promoting with it? It all works out for them either way this was mis-managed badly IMO. I mean just look at the token post put up hours after the fact and even that still has the watermarks as if implying we don't even even deserve our own photos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Interesting. The final results will be interesting that's for sure. I can't see it making more than 800whp, any more than that would be useless
    Meh, no such thing as too much power. Top dogs are in the 1500's now if not more.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Lol bimmerpost just deleted half of my comment. I just mentioned how funny it was that everyone over there suddenly loves gintani. Heck even the gintani rep commented on their new found support... BB FTW
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Sticky having that much power is just a dick measuring contest lol but yeah if I had the money I would do it
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

@Sticky having that much power is just a dick measuring contest lol but yeah if I had the money I would do it
    All this has been just a huge dick measuring contest.

But... the turbos will be fun to drive. A whole lot of fun.

Sucks I'm reaping no reward for getting into this so early. I could have waited years, enjoyed the car, and then jumped in once everything was figured out. Oh well, you live and you learn.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Lol bimmerpost just deleted half of my comment. I just mentioned how funny it was that everyone over there suddenly loves gintani. Heck even the gintani rep commented on their new found support... BB FTW
    Meh our support doesn't seem to mean anything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    @Sticky Don't worry about it bro bimmerpost is just a bunch of bandwagon jumpers. If that's the kind of support gintani wants then let them have it.
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Can someone explain to me why this is a game changer? Just by looking at the size of those turbos and low tq output of that motor, to me that says quite a bit of lag down low and big power gains up top, ok awesome. But doesn't the cent SC Kits already do that? Why go through all the work of this extremely well built. But very very complicated TT kit instead of just bolting on a SC, yes yes I know I am as much in love with a TT V8 as anyone but it seems unless you build the motor for boost and run some smaller turbos on it the power curve will be very close to a SC kit with a lot more labor and cost. Of course you have a TT V8 M3 which may have just answered all my questions in one fell swoop. Either way, seems a lot more logical to just stick with the SC S65's and tackle the new M3 head on when it comes out. But different strokes for different folks.
    It's a game changer becuase with a proper build, it will make Sticky's 773 whp look like a little fish in the ocean. Some people can afford these ridiculously expensive setups and crave those 4 digit numbers especially when the DCT trans can hold the power. Thanks to Sticky, Gintani, and somewhat of SSP's research pretty sure the DCT in the next 2 years will be handling much much more power. That's what this kit will become the basis for. It's all a chase of more power. Not to mention the cost difference between a 500 rwhp E92 and a 600 rwhp M3 is quite a bit. The coolers and all the other necessary hardware. With this right out of the box and a 6 speed manual, it will put down close to Sticky's numbers.
    On the downside, with the next M3 being a TT 6 cyl, will people really purchase a TT kit for the E92? Then it becomes a matter of sound difference of the V8 and potential appreciation of the E92 M3 as well. Would you rather pour $20k into a proper TT E92 M3 build? Or put that $20k into the M4 which already comes equipped with turbochargers and is definitely ready out the box for more power. I am awaiting the next M3 to debut. I am definitely going to be in the market for a second hand option.
    Last edited by Steve B. CBR; 06-07-2013 at 02:22 AM.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

No replacement for displacement Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    With this right out of the box and a 6 speed manual, it will put down close to Sticky's numbers.
    On the stock motor no way. This will definitely make more than the SC setups on stock motor but nowhere near built motor numbers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

On the downside, with the next M3 being a TT 6 cyl, will people really purchase a TT kit for the E92?
    Twin turbo 8500 rpm V8? 1000+ hp capable? Where else are you going to get that?

Or put that $20k into the M4 which already comes equipped with turbochargers and is definitely ready out the box for more power.
    The power disparity is huge, no contest. The M4 will never have this power potential it;s already hampered by displacement and fueling.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Twin turbo 8500 rpm V8? 1000+ hp capable? Where else are you going to get that?

The power disparity is huge, no contest. The M4 will never have this power potential its already hampered by displacement and fueling.
    That's like saying the S54 will never achieve 1000hp. It has. The N54 as of right now on the stock block is a mere 50 rwhp behind you. After your YSI, you have no other options. Even cars using the YSI with big displacement are capped to 1000 rwhp. In the future, when N54 tuning requires built blocks because someone has found the limits, then it's only a matter of time before someone starts going huge with twin 35r's or something equivalent to really push the envelope. Happens with every car every time. Someone like yourself will push the envelope and be the guinnea pig for further development of the platform.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-ind...er-800-hp.html

On the stock motor no way. This will definitely make more than the SC setups on stock motor but nowhere near built motor numbers.
    A built motor turbocharged engine will always make more power than a supercharged engine. Simply put. Look at a LMR vette compared to a just as complex built YSI vette and there's a massive difference in power. Even if the displacement of the TT engine is lower.

For all we know, the M3/4 will have huge amounts of aftermarket potential going off of how the N54 is responding to a 430 rwhp upgrade. That's huge. Going off of the facts, I imagine a stronger somewhat reinforced block which will allow the race teams more room for improvement in cooling and power delivery. Even if Vargas' car was an all out glory run. It's still a 600 rwhp capable engine in anyone's car at any given time.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

That's like saying the S54 will never achieve 1000hp. It has.
    The S54 isn't direct injection, has a stock DME that has almost been figured out, and revs higher. It also has greater volumetric efficiency. The S54 will be the better power platform than the S55 especially considering its iron block as well.

By the time the new M3 hits 1000 hp... well, just look at where the N54 is to get an idea as to where the new M3 will go.

A built motor turbocharged engine will always make more power than a supercharged engine. Simply put. Look at a LMR vette compared to a just as complex built YSI vette and there's a massive difference in power. Even if the displacement of the TT engine is lower.
    The stock motor won't make the same as built motor setups this will produce MUCH more torque than the centrifugals so say good bye stock rods if you try.

For all we know, the M3/4 will have huge amounts of aftermarket potential going off of how the N54 is responding to a 430 rwhp upgrade. That's huge. Going off of the facts, I imagine a stronger somewhat reinforced block which will allow the race teams more room for improvement in cooling and power delivery. Even if Vargas' car was an all out glory run. It's still a 600 rwhp capable car in anyone's car at any given time.
    Yep a bunch of bolt on stuff, so what? It isn't going to compare to a twin turbo 4.0 liter V8 with 8500 rpm.

You imagine a stronger block and what about race teams? BMW isn't even going to race this motor in ALMS so not sure what you mean. The new M3 won't be taking this on you can't beat turbos on this motor with any other BMW motor other than the S85.

This is the $#@! I've been telling you people for years...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

5 out of 7 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I am sorry about the mix up, we have hired a new employee to manage the forums for us and he truly had no idea about the watermark. He completely messed up, this wasn't on purpose. Why would we do that? We gave him directions to post on each forum. We wouldn't do anything to hurt Joseph's feelings or anyone else's. Joseph has been there for us for the thick and thin, we have tried our best to keep him happy but there is so much one can do. I've been upside down on the dyno, day in and day out. I haven't even had a chance to look at ONE of these threads. I had no idea all this drama was going down until Joseph texted me. We don't do drama. We didn't do this on purpose. You guys can believe us or not, it's the truth. Instead of congratulating us on our progress with new products, we get bashed over who gets what information "first". Some how that is a personal insult but all these things said in this thread from Joseph regarding us, those are not insulting? We will look past that. This isn't a hobby for us, we love what we do but at the end of the day, we are a business. We have to put food on the table and put a roof over our heads. We bend over backwards for our customers, Joseph, I'm positive you can vouch for us even though your upset over this situation. We have spent thousands and thousands of our dollars on R&D to get to where we are today. I hope we can all look past this and I will personally speak to my employee in the morning regarding this whole situation. Click here to enlarge

- Alex

PS - If I didn't care or my company didn't care, I wouldn't sit here at 1AM reuploading the photos and explaining the situation. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sales@Gintani.com Click here to enlarge
    I am sorry about the mix up, we have hired a new employee to manage the forums for us and he truly had no idea about the watermark. He completely messed up, this wasn't on purpose. Why would we do that? We gave him directions to post on each forum. We wouldn't do anything to hurt Joseph's feelings or anyone else's. Joseph has been there for us for the thick and thin, we have tried our best to keep him happy but there is so much one can do. I've been upside down on the dyno, day in and day out. I haven't even had a chance to look at ONE of these threads. I had no idea all this drama was going down until Joseph texted me. We don't do drama. We didn't do this on purpose. You guys can believe us or not, it's the truth. Instead of congratulating us on our progress with new products, we get bashed over who gets what information "first". Some how that is a personal insult but all these things said in this thread from Joseph regarding us, those are not insulting? We will look past that. This isn't a hobby for us, we love what we do but at the end of the day, we are a business. We have to put food on the table and put a roof over our heads. We bend over backwards for our customers, Joseph, I'm positive you can vouch for us even though your upset over this situation. We have spent thousands and thousands of our dollars on R&D to get to where we are today. I hope we can all look past this and I will personally speak to my employee in the morning regarding this whole situation. Click here to enlarge

- Alex

PS - If I didn't care or my company didn't care, I wouldn't sit here at 1AM reuploading the photos and explaining the situation. Click here to enlarge
    I just want to make it clear this is no longer just a hobby for me either. Something as simple and small as a watermark can alter thousands of views and hits. The problem with this one is you know Bimmerpost censors links here and coming over and posting their watermark here... damn that stings.

Considering how difficult the competition is and how hard I have to fight something as simple as a watermark can help. I think with all the articles I have written and content I have posted not to mention time and money spent allowing my car to be used for development I can at least get something to help me with my business as you get to use my car to help you with yours. I mean I can take my own photos and do my own writing and the other site can have their own stuff. I'm not asking for anything exclusive for that I will use my own car.

It isn't your fault. A new employee doesn't know the history and what not. Of course this wasn't out of spite. It still hurts though and it could have been very beneficial so it's just a huge missed opportunity. Imagine if I went to the track, got some amazing numbers, and didn't include Gintani in the video or the details. You would be hurt and wonder why you were skipped over wouldn't you?

Once again, I have been as supportive as possible FOR YEARS. I have been very easy going have I not? I'm just disappointed because as you are at work at 1 AM I am also sitting here writing articles and will be until the early morning because I want to have the best content. I have to work harder than the other guy and when stuff like this happens a hell of a lot harder. I'm very sad to have missed this one in particular especially as it concerns my own platform.

It's just a misunderstanding but a really bad one.

PS

If I didn't care I would not spend as much time on this as I do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    1, about the kit----curious about tuning- interested in low end gains on stock motor as high rpm power would still be limited, great for a built option though

2, it was posted elsewhere and it hurts someone feelings? DEAL WITH IT!

ROFLLLAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAH!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    2, it was posted elsewhere and it hurts someone feelings?
    Classy! Glad to see nothing is beneath you. Glad you also understood the reasoning and seem to feel bimmerpost is somehow more deserving or that it doesn't matter.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Classy! Glad to see nothing is beneath you. Glad you also understood the reasoning and seem to feel bimmerpost is somehow more deserving or that it doesn't matter.

umadbro?,

to quote....... oh who was it? ..........................................YOURSELF

DEAL WITH IT!

As others stated, they dont OWE you anything. you contracted them for a job, they did ,job, you paid them. simple business.

now, you have a good reference point for when others do $#@! for YOU and expect something in return eventually, only to get pissed on.. but hey

i guess we all will just, DEAL WTH IT

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast