Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nguyener Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky Might have something to do with how you were trolling on the forums when your car was debuted at BimmerFest?
    They've been trolled by ESS for years on BimmerPost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Alex says it's one of their forum guys who posted it obviously not him but not like this would be posted without his approval.

I don't know what to think and I don't know what to say.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Guess that is what it all comes down to. Anything else doesn't matter.
    It's like this with every business. They can act any way they want, but in the end it's all chasing the dollar.

My opinion on this? They should have posted it on both forums especially with the money you have spent with them...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Perhaps those burning bridges are beginning to collapse. We all see the exposure here so it's not really that big of a deal. One less article you have to write. Not to mention this forum has more N54/N55 content than anything else. Keep your head up.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    My opinion on this? They should have posted it on both forums especially with the money you have spent with them...
    At the very least right? Didn't even bother to post it here...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    Perhaps those burning bridges are beginning to collapse. We all see the exposure here so it's not really that big of a deal. One less article you have to write. Not to mention this forum has more N54/N55 content than anything else. Keep your head up.
    I would never have built my car with them or spent the money or continue to give them any money if I knew this would happen though. From the beginning I stated the point of the project was to build my forum and so far I have built my forum without any real content from this car so it's not even that necessary.

I'll keep my head up and work harder but I won't forget this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I would never have built my car with them or spent the money or continue to give them any money if I knew this would happen though. From the beginning I stated the point of the project was to built my forum and so far I have built my forum without any real content from this car so it's not even that necessary.

I'll keep my head up and work harder but I won't forget this.
    Now I see the real complaint. Makes a lot of sense from a business stand point.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Gintani's Shop car's two new friends... E90/E92 M3 twin turbo kit

Here at Gintani, we like to change the game and we have kept this secret for a while. Our shop car has been running for a bit now (6 months) but here is a teaser of our twin turbo kit for the e9x m3. This will be a production kit, it can only be installed by our shop (california) or our dealer in new jersey. It is tuned on the factory ecu.

We are sure everyone is going to have tons of questions but please bare with us. The finish line is less then 2 months away. We are on the final stage of completing the production parts. We will release all technical information when we are 100% ready to take orders.

This is just the beginning, we have many other products coming for the E9x platform.

We will release more info as we come closer to the production date. We are making some final adjustments on the overall look and design. The production pieces will take some time due to the extremely tight spaces we are working with.

What we can say is that the kit makes great amounts of torque and power compared to the centrifugal setup.

No promises, but we are looking at about 2 months~
    We will be releasing a video within the next couple of weeks once the car has been put back together.

Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your support,

Team Gintani
    818-787-8260

sales@gintani.com

Edit: I am sorry about the mix up, we have hired a new employee to manage the forums for us and he truly had no idea about the watermark. He completely messed up, this wasn't on purpose. Why would we do that? We gave him directions to post on each forum. We wouldn't do anything to hurt Joseph's feelings or anyone else's. Joseph has been there for us for the thick and thin, we have tried our best to keep him happy but there is so much one can do. I've been upside down on the dyno, day in and day out. I haven't even had a chance to look at ONE of these threads. I had no idea all this drama was going down until Joseph texted me. We don't do drama. We didn't do this on purpose. You guys can believe us or not, it's the truth. Instead of congratulating us on our progress with new products, we get bashed over who gets what information "first". Some how that is a personal insult but all these things said in this thread from Joseph regarding us, those are not insulting? We will look past that. This isn't a hobby for us, we love what we do but at the end of the day, we are a business. We have to put food on the table and put a roof over our heads. We bend over backwards for our customers, Joseph, I'm positive you can vouch for us even though your upset over this situation. We have spent thousands and thousands of our dollars on R&D to get to where we are today. I hope we can all look past this and I will personally speak to my employee in the morning regarding this whole situation. Click here to enlarge

- Alex

PS - If I didn't care or my company didn't care, I wouldn't sit here at 1AM reuploading the photos and explaining the situation. Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Sales@Gintani.com; 06-07-2013 at 03:52 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

My, what awesome timing and with the BimmerPost watermarks on top of it just for icing on the cake. Wouldn't it be more effective to just piss on me?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Nice work brother, can't wait to see the results! Need to schedule another dyno session. I'll hit you up in the next day or so.
    Porsche 996TT
    3.8L BEAST

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My, what awesome timing and with the BimmerPost watermarks on top of it just for icing on the cake. Wouldn't it be more effective to just piss on me?
    My thoughts exactly as I JUST got finished reading the other thread but, LOL @ especially the bold.

Knowing what you were trying to achieve here ( Sticky i'm referring to ) kinda takes the air out of this E9x highlight. I can only say try to look forward to other developing achievements and not let this " slap in the face " ( as in all honesty i'd agree it is as well unless there is some bonkers explanation ) get you down. This site encompasses more than just the E9x and will continue to grow with your diligence.

TT E9x does sound pretty cool though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    Now I see the real complaint. Makes a lot of sense from a business stand point.
    Yep but it's fine nothing I can do about this. Just have to wrap the car up and move on to the next thing that hopefully is better for business and forum exposure. But I literally have $5k cash sitting right here for the trans build I was going to drop off after I went to LAX to drop somebody off and was going to chat for a bit about the car and turbo kit coming as well. Now it's just like... I don't want to talk to or see anybody.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
    Knowing what you were trying to achieve here ( Sticky i'm referring to ) kinda takes the air out of this E9x highlight
    That's putting it mildly. Heh, I didn't even have to say anything the forum members said it themselves. I don't get why Bimmerpost would get any support or favoritism. Ok they have more M3's I get it. And how many of those guys have done for Gintani what I have? Zero.

I can only say try to look forward to other developing achievements and not let this " slap in the face " ( as in all honesty i'd agree it is as well unless there is some bonkers explanation ) get you down. This site encompasses more than just the E9x and will continue to grow with your diligence.
    You guys are very right this isn't the single key to success in the forum world and it's not like if I got it first there would be 100,000 members tomorrow morning. I was very upset but now I see business is just business. I shouldn't be surprised really I've seen worse.

TT E9x does sound pretty cool though.
    Ya it's going to be awesome man. This will make some seriously absurd power. Hell, after the supercharger I probably would have switched to it since my motor and trans will be able to handle it but whatever...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Sticky -- This might hurt your ears, but Gintani doesn't owe you or this forum anything, especially since this is a completely separate project from the one you "contracted" them to do with your car (to promote this forum). Yes, Gintani has been dragged through the mud with all the ESS bull$#@! on M3P and the BimmerBoost crowd has been a lot more "friendly", BUT (as far as I know) they aren't indebted to BimmerBoost. Just like every other vendor, they pay their fees & can post as they please.

I do agree it was $#@!ed up for them to only officially post the release on BimmerPost (versuses simultaneously posting on any/all of the BMW forums they sponsor) early, and then post watermarked photos on this site, but that's just bad business & you're taking it way to personally.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Sticky -- This might hurt your ears, but Gintani doesn't owe you or this forum anything, especially since this is a completely separate project from the one you "contracted" them to do with your car
    Absolutely correct. But you realize since day 1 I have told Gintani about my forum and why I am doing what I am doing with my car. Hence the discussion always of getting details from them first to help me out and Alex said he would as I have helped them out.

Did I skip out on the them at the first sign of trouble and use that against them to get a better deal at ESS? Nope.

Did I pay more than people who have done that to them? Yep.

Yes, Gintani has been dragged through the mud with all the ESS bull$#@! on M3P and the BimmerBoost crowd has been a lot more "friendly", BUT (as far as I know) they aren't indebted to BimmerBoost. Just like every other vendor, they pay their fees & can post as they please.
    Yes you're right but I'm treated a second class citizen which in my opinion is not right considering I haven't dragged them through the mud. Right?

I do agree it was $#@!ed up for them to only officially post the release on BimmerPost (versuses simultaneously posting on any/all of the BMW forums they sponsor) early, and then post watermarked photos on this site, but that's just bad business & you're taking it way to personally.
    Well I think I should take it personally as Alex and I know each other well and I thought he was my friend. You think if he wasn't I would make a bigger deal about how long this damn car has taken or have blown up some of the issues that took place? I said no worries man just get it right and haven't bugged them whatsoever being nothing but supportive. I fully intended to do everything to get the best numbers possible to promote. I HAVE SAT HERE DILIGENTLY FOR THREE YEARS BUILDING THE CAR AND FORUM. Why shouldn't I take it personally?

I mean at the very least I'm reasonable and understand other sites exist. But to be completely ignored? And on top of it to now after the fact come and post it here and do so with the watermarks in place? I might as well go down to Gintani and spray paint ESS-Tuning on the wall.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Focusing on this TT kit, the things I'm most interested in are:

1. The Actual Kit -- Specifically, how are they mounting the turbos (it appears that they're running them directly off the headers)
    2. Intercooling -- Will this be air/water like their supercharger kits, or will they switch to air/air for the turbo kit
    3. Stock DME / Tuning -- It's incredibly impressive if Gintani is tuning a twin turbo kit on the MSS60, especially considering that Max PSI just recently released their stock DME single turbo kit for the E46 M3
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

The kit will change the game and be super high quality and all of that. It should finally show everyone what I and a few others have been saying for years even getting banned in the process of doing so.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That's putting it mildly. Heh, I didn't even have to say anything the forum members said it themselves. I don't get why Bimmerpost would get any support or favoritism. Ok they have more M3's I get it. And how many of those guys have done for Gintani what I have? Zero.
    Yea, the shock wasn't so much the fact of a TT kit coming out. It was moreso the fact that it's from Gintani ( not some random forum member ) and was not posted on here first. It's not like other forums wouldn't have found out but, this forum would have had the exclusive. Which helps your biz as you've helped theirs throughout the years. Even looking at it from Gintani's end, there's no real loss to them by posting it here first. Really weird they went this route.

You guys are very right this isn't the single key to success in the forum world and it's not like if I got it first there would be 100,000 members tomorrow morning. I was very upset but now I see business is just business. I shouldn't be surprised really I've seen worse.
    True but, you're fully aware of forum politics. While granted your member count wouldn't have skyrocketed, it would have helped the forum out by having the exclusive. Perhaps amends can be made by getting a video of an interview or with the car running/revving ? The current atmosphere might make that prospect seem a bit unsavory but, if it is just business, that could be something helpful.

Ya it's going to be awesome man. This will make some seriously absurd power. Hell, after the supercharger I probably would have switched to it since my motor and trans will be able to handle it but whatever...
    Would you really consider the transfer to a TT kit after the extensive build on your car or move on to a different platform ?
    I can understand if you truly love your E92 but, i'm just asking.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Can someone explain to me why this is a game changer? Just by looking at the size of those turbos and low tq output of that motor, to me that says quite a bit of lag down low and big power gains up top, ok awesome. But doesn't the cent SC Kits already do that? Why go through all the work of this extremely well built. But very very complicated TT kit instead of just bolting on a SC, yes yes I know I am as much in love with a TT V8 as anyone but it seems unless you build the motor for boost and run some smaller turbos on it the power curve will be very close to a SC kit with a lot more labor and cost. Of course you have a TT V8 M3 which may have just answered all my questions in one fell swoop. Either way, seems a lot more logical to just stick with the SC S65's and tackle the new M3 head on when it comes out. But different strokes for different folks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

It was moreso the fact that it's from Gintani ( not some random forum member ) and was not posted on here first. It's not like other forums wouldn't have found out but, this forum would have had the exclusive. Which helps your biz as you've helped theirs throughout the years.
    That's exactly it, that's the whole issue. And it would be a nice gesture and it's not hard to do. Simply, here you go have at it first thanks for your support we'll support you too.

Even looking at it from Gintani's end, there's no real loss to them by posting it here first. Really weird they went this route.
    EXACTLY. I don't get it at all. I just don't understand.

True but, you're fully aware of forum politics. While granted your member count wouldn't have skyrocketed, it would have helped the forum out by having the exclusive.
    This is why I'm hurt and I'm trying to make them understand but I honestly don't feel like they care or that it matters.

Perhaps amends can be made by getting a video of an interview or with the car running/revving ? The current atmosphere might make that prospect seem a bit unsavory but, if it is just business, that could be something helpful.
    I don't know.

Would you really consider the transfer to a TT kit after the extensive build on your car or move on to a different platform ?
    After this it's definitely a different platform.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very surprised at Gintani for not posting it here first. The other forum is full of Gintani haters and trolls, and Sticky, you've been steadfast with Gintani.

Still, you always find out who your *real* supporters are in life. I'm learning the hard way that trusting anybody is a dangerous game in business.

As for TT kit for S65... great news. But given how much it'll likely cost, I'd rather put that money towards a new M4.
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Can someone explain to me why this is a game changer?
    Because the S65 is a super efficient high revving V8 and turbos are more efficient than supercharges so this will be capable of well over 1000 whp.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Just by looking at the size of those turbos and low tq output of that motor, to me that says quite a bit of lag down low and big power gains up top, ok awesome.
    Why lag down low? It's a 4.0 liter V8 with a very flat curve going to 8500 rpm in this application. Not a whole lot of boost is necessary to make big power.

ut doesn't the cent SC Kits already do that?
    Completely different power delivery. This will be more fun to drive than the centrifugal down low that's for sure.

unless you build the motor for boost and run some smaller turbos on it the power curve will be very close to a SC kit with a lot more labor and cost.
    The torque difference is night and day.

Either way, seems a lot more logical to just stick with the SC S65's and tackle the new M3 head on when it comes out.
    This project wasn't about logic. It was about saying you think you're the $#@!? You think you're the best? Well suck on this you $#@! talking $#@!s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow that is pretty foul on their part, I think we all know which is the better forum though... If it was a matter of getting this seen by as many m3 owners as possible why not put it on m3forum ( I had to start a thread over there for it)

As for the turbo Im just not understanding the benefit. Out of all the setups I've seen it seems like that company that made the roots style blower has the most potential. Someone please explain why this is better please
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    e46-m3-ripClick here to enlarge
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current
    http://theworstdrug.com/25

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Wouldn't it be more effective to just piss on me?
    I literally lol'd

PAH
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast