Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
    Those sure do look like Tial Turbo housings , if this car has a built motor the a GTX 3076 would be perfect for high power. Yes you would loose some spool vs a 2867 turbos. The GTX2867 would be perfect if max WHP goal is around 750whp-8000whp.
    I kindly disagree on the max WHP of the 2867's, we made 725 WHP on GTX2863's without pushing too hard. 67's are good for another 50 each side over the 63's. So I don't see why 850-900 WHP wouldn't be possible pushing them hard.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I kindly disagree on the max WHP of the 2867's, we made 725 WHP on GTX2863's without pushing too hard. 67's are good for another 50 each side over the 63's. So I don't see why 850-900 WHP wouldn't be possible pushing them hard.
    It definitely is possible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

But how much is it gonna cost? It's pretty clear that ~98% of E9x M3 owners are completely content with the power that can be achieved with a stock motor supercharger kit. This is supported by the fact that there are only 6 confirmed, built motor customer cars rolling around -- 3 ESS (Drew, Izzy & Zim) and 3 Gintani (Tightie, Eugene & Sticky). And I understand that E9x M3s are now dropping into the high $30s-40k range & it'll open up the market to a brand new, mod interested clientele, but do you really expect these same people to drop another ~$20k for a TT kit, possibly more for a built motor?

Will it be cool as $#@! to have a 750 WHP TT-V8 E9x M3? $#@! yea, especially when you start adding things like E85 into the mix. But if this isn't going to become a rare practice (especially since a TT kit will be more expensive than a comparable s/c kit), the TT kit better have the performance to justify the price.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    You are correct when you say GTX 2867's are rated for 50 more each there rated for 400 each so it might be possible to make 850WHP -900whp pushing them hard . At that point however your out of the efficiency range and blow hot air. I would think someone with a built motor would just want more headroom I know I would.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    But how much is it gonna cost? It's pretty clear that ~98% of E9x M3 owners are completely content with the power that can be achieved with a stock motor supercharger kit. This is supported by the fact that there are only 6 confirmed, built motor customer cars rolling around -- 3 ESS (Drew, Izzy & Zim) and 3 Gintani (Tightie, Eugene & Sticky). And I understand that E9x M3s are now dropping into the high $30s-40k range & it'll open up the market to a brand new, mod interested clientele, but do you really expect these same people to drop another ~$20k for a TT kit, possibly more for a built motor?

Will it be cool as $#@! to have a 750 WHP TT-V8 E9x M3? $#@! yea, especially when you start adding things like E85 into the mix. But if this isn't going to become a rare practice (especially since a TT kit will be more expensive than a comparable s/c kit), the TT kit better have the performance to justify the price.
    People dropped a bunch on the E46 M3.... expect similar pricing for a built motor plus turbo here. I'm just glad my motor is already built for this.

Plus you WILL want a sleeved motor for this and the other upgrades Gintani has that nobody else does.

It's not just about power it's how that power is delivered. The SC cars IMO won't be as much fun to drive especially off boost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    People dropped a bunch on the E46 M3.... expect similar pricing for a built motor plus turbo here. I'm just glad my motor is already built for this.

Plus you WILL want a sleeved motor for this and the other upgrades Gintani has that nobody else does.

It's not just about power it's how that power is delivered. The SC cars IMO won't be as much fun to drive especially off boost.
    Have to agree and disagree here.

Agree: People are willing to spend a great deal on modifications. I already know exactly what I am getting for the M3 to add up to more than the purchase price of the car... and I don't think twice about it.

Disagree: I think a supercharged motor is a better drive than a turbo when the turbo is 'off boost'. That balance tips massively in favor of the turbo on boost.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

I cautiously agree that Gintani is the company doing this the right way, because they've probably conducted significantly more FI research than any of the competition. And the powerband & "fun" will def be better in a Turbo car (or even the Roots sc) vs. a centri supercharged car, but even these things don't override how much it might cost.

And comparing it to the E46 is only helping prove my point -- The E46 only needs one turbo/turbo manifold & a simple intake manifold because of the engine's I6 design. Meanwhile, the E9x is going to need two of everything (double the turbos, WGs, BOVs, etc etc) & very special intake/turbo manifolds to actually fit in the engine bay.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    I think a supercharged motor is a better drive than a turbo when the turbo is 'off boost'. That balance tips massively in favor of the turbo on boost.
    +1, a Centri Supercharger def accentuates the "M" characteristics of the motor -- Power increasing with RPMs. And driving response is def going to depend on turbo sizing, which introduces the endless debate between turbo spool/response vs. power potential.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    Disagree: I think a supercharged motor is a better drive than a turbo when the turbo is 'off boost'. That balance tips massively in favor of the turbo on boost.
    I'm not quite sure how you can disagree when the turbos are not sucking power off low as they don't need to be manually spun so by definition the response will be better down low.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I cautiously agree that Gintani is the company doing this the right way, because they've probably conducted significantly more FI research than any of the competition. And the powerband & "fun" will def be better in a Turbo car (or even the Roots sc) vs. a centri supercharged car, but even these things don't override how much it might cost.

And comparing it to the E46 is only helping prove my point -- The E46 only needs one turbo/turbo manifold & a simple intake manifold because of the engine's I6 design. Meanwhile, the E9x is going to need two of everything (double the turbos, WGs, BOVs, etc etc) & very special intake/turbo manifolds to actually fit in the engine bay.
    It's not cheap and these kit will be more than any SC setups on the market. With a built motor, big bucks. It is what it is.

+1, a Centri Supercharger def accentuates the "M" characteristics of the motor -- Power increasing with RPMs. And driving response is def going to depend on turbo sizing, which introduces the endless debate between turbo spool/response vs. power potential.
    It just appears that way because the power is linear and builds with revs. In reality, it kills throttle response down low.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    It's not cheap and these kit will be more than any SC setups on the market. With a built motor, big bucks. It is what it is.
    So im guessing with your prior knowledge of this kit coming out.. Its safe to say this kit will be more than 15k. I mean that is the most expensive supercharget kit out there

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Badinfluence Click here to enlarge
    So im guessing with your prior knowledge of this kit coming out.. Its safe to say this kit will be more than 15k. I mean that is the most expensive supercharget kit out there
    Yes that is safe to say.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

That is why I love my current kit - plenty fast but retains the M3 feel. Although the power capability with a turbo setup can't be matched, it really changes the characteristics of the car. I have quite a few M3 buddies that don't post on here and the topic has come up. General consensus was that a turbo build is better suited on a different car. Personally I think it's only worth going the turbo route on this car for big power - minimum 800whp+. Anything below is changing the feel of the car way too much without making enough power to give it that wow factor. Totally different rules when you reach the very high power levels IMO.
    ​2014 F10 M5 Competition Alpine White / Sakhir Orange
    Undercover Custom Downpipes & Connector. BMS Stage 1. IND Cosmetics. OEM CF Perf Spoiler.

E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NikB316 Click here to enlarge
    That is why I love my current kit - plenty fast but retains the M3 feel. Although the power capability with a turbo setup can't be matched, it really changes the characteristics of the car. I have quite a few M3 buddies that don't post on here and the topic has come up. General consensus was that a turbo build is better suited on a different car. Personally I think it's only worth going the turbo route on this car for big power - minimum 800whp+. Anything below is changing the feel of the car way too much without making enough power to give it that wow factor. Totally different rules when you reach the very high power levels IMO.
    I don't know how anyone can say a centri maintains the M3 feel. It doesn't.

Turbo build is really perfect I don't know how it can be denied. Sure, the torque curve changes but for the better.

All you are changing is the torque punch but preserving the response. It's win-win.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any updates @Sales@Gintani.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

woo
    2009.5 AW E90 335i ZMP - SOLD
    2013 E92 M3 6MT ZCP - Space Grey/Fox Red Click here to enlarge

Want to Buy: 1977-89 Porsche 911 Turbo Coupe (930)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Sorry guys, no videos yet. A few things got delayed.

Here's a photo of our manifold getting ready for casting at the foundry, we should be seeing our first piece within a couple days.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

I can't wait.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I can't wait either. Coolest thing to happen to the S65.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Hey guys, we understand that everybody is more than frustrated with the delayed progress and updates on this thread. It was our fault for releasing the information way too early without considering running into a few bumps along the way. We would like all of you to understand, this project had started out for us to have some fun with our own personal car. When we decided to make this into a production kit, there were a lot of changes that needed to be made for everything to fit like oem and for everything to be safe. The space we are working with is more than tight. This is not one of those turbo kits that you can build using just aluminum piping and U bends.

As of now, we have made a lot of changes even to our turbo manifolds and extreme changes to the piping. We are doing our best to finish the production pieces which will include a lot of cast pieces.

The car has been taken apart again for a few more changes. We will be testing fitment of newly designed pieces. We will be putting the vehicle back together with the fabricated pieces and old design turbo manifolds and will continue further testing with these components until the final production pieces are completed.

We understand an update has been long overdue, so here are a few videos of the kit. Enjoy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sales@Gintani.com Click here to enlarge
    Hey guys, we understand that everybody is more than frustrated with the delayed progress and updates on this thread. It was our fault for releasing the information way too early without considering running into a few bumps along the way. We would like all of you to understand, this project had started out for us to have some fun with our own personal car. When we decided to make this into a production kit, there were a lot of changes that needed to be made for everything to fit like oem and for everything to be safe. The space we are working with is more than tight. This is not one of those turbo kits that you can build using just aluminum piping and U bends.

As of now, we have made a lot of changes even to our turbo manifolds and extreme changes to the piping. We are doing our best to finish the production pieces which will include a lot of cast pieces.

The car has been taken apart again for a few more changes. We will be testing fitment of newly designed pieces. We will be putting the vehicle back together with the fabricated pieces and old design turbo manifolds and will continue further testing with these components until the final production pieces are completed.

We understand an update has been long overdue, so here are a few videos of the kit. Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/coTSbbfg1f4

http://youtu.be/WtoMsVFBdNk

http://youtu.be/_kyyJGh0b2w
    Here: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...Turbo-Start-up!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sales@Gintani.com Click here to enlarge

http://youtu.be/coTSbbfg1f4

http://youtu.be/WtoMsVFBdNk

http://youtu.be/_kyyJGh0b2w
    Very cool and the best part is that its an E90 M3 Lci Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

It is something I have been waiting for... a super high revving V8 with a twin turbo for about $50-55k doable..... if it gets to the production stage I would prefer that probably over any of the S/C modded E9x cars or a heavyweight F10 M5 etc
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    It is something I have been waiting for... a super high revving V8 with a twin turbo for about $50-55k doable..... if it gets to the production stage I would prefer that probably over any of the S/C modded E9x cars or a heavyweight F10 M5 etc
    The S65 with turbos will be better than anything in the BMW lineup. The only thing better would be an S85 with turbos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

The gintani tt setups are not stopping here. Additionally the components and piping blew me away. Kind of wish I never wasted time with an sc.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567