Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

535 Dr Euro DP Dyno Testing

Hey guys,

Had a chance to meet up with Adam at the dyno today and retest his modified stock turbo 535. Only this time, he has the new Dr Euro downpipes installed.

The car sounded sweet and dyno gains were impressive. The car is running a JB4, bms flash, downpipes, dci, occ, catback, intercooler, and an option2 inline pump.

We did a few runs on 91 octane and then a few runs on E60. The E60 mix worked out about perfect for map 7 but his "melter map" 6 would be happier with something in the E70 range.

Attached are some charts comparing before/after the downpipes at various power levels. On the pre downpipe map 1 91 octane run we made less power than expected back then and I didn't realize until after that testing that I had accidentally left the flash settings on the JB4 end. This time around we left the bms pump flash in place for the 91 octane testing. So we can't credit the entire gain there on 91 octane to the downpipes but likely more than half.

The E85 testing was a fairly apples to apples comparison (same boost & advance targets) showcasing the gains from the downpipes alone. Which were quite impressive. :burnrubber:
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Was this the Auto or 6MT? How do these DP's differ from the AR design variants?

Wish we had more 535i performance data out there like this. I want to replace the wife's Audi for the 535i grocery getter. Thanks again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

It's an automatic. My understanding is these are intended to be a direct competitor for the AR 535 downpipes.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 02-24-2015 at 01:11 AM.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Nice. AR's dont always fit good on the 535, have a friend working with Mike @n54tuning and AR right now trying to figure out a fix for the pipes touching. Hopefully AR stands behind their product. @Fishstix
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Nice. AR's dont always fit good on the 535, have a friend working with Mike @n54tuning and AR right now trying to figure out a fix for the pipes touching. Hopefully AR stands behind their product. @Fishstix
    Yeah, the touching part was the metal logo welded on the wrong place! I cut the AR design logo out and it fits perfect.
    08 535i 6MT - JB4 G5 ISO - Luke performance flash - E40 & BMS 100% Meth - AR design catless DP - ETS 5" intercooler - BMS DCI - BMS OCC - ER chargepipe - HKS BOV - K-sport coilovers - UUC evo SSK - CDV deleted - ACS spoiler - Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

See 5's get love too.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    So far, AR has done absolutely nothing to stand behind their product. They have admitted that the tag was welded in the wrong place causing an irritating rattle, but that's about all they have done before they went completely silent. This is not what I expected when I paid premium for their product. I now regret not waiting a bit longer and going with Dr. Euro's DPs, especially since they have proven to be on par with their overpriced and underwhelming counterparts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Fishstix Click here to enlarge
    So far, AR has done absolutely nothing to stand behind their product. They have admitted that the tag was welded in the wrong place causing an irritating rattle, but that's about all they have done before they went completely silent. This is not what I expected when I paid premium for their product. I now regret not waiting a bit longer and going with Dr. Euro's DPs, especially since they have proven to be on par with their overpriced and underwhelming counterparts.
    @ar design will stand behind their stuff.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

@Terry@BMS is there any tangible gain on these DPs over the AR design ones?

Also are they physically different on the 535 versus the 135/335? I thought aside from the XI, everything was the same.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    @ar design will stand behind their stuff.
    Andrew from AR told him to have the shop take the downpipes back off and remove the welded on AR logo... That doesnt sound like standing behind your product to me. You pay a small fortune for AR pipes for two reasons 1) Spectacular Fitment 2) Impeccable quality. The fact that a shop with such a high reputation, that charges a premium for guaranteed fitment would not offer to resolve the issue other than saying "no big deal, just take the downpipes back off and remove the AR label we welded in the wrong spot" is terrible.

Also, fwiw, 535 downpipe install is SIGNIFICANTLY more difficult than a 335. The labor costs for installation and removal x2 will probably add up to the price payed for the downpipes.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135Hoser Click here to enlarge
    @Terry@BMS is there any tangible gain on these DPs over the AR design ones?

Also are they physically different on the 535 versus the 135/335? I thought aside from the XI, everything was the same.
    Wait for the Dr euro pipes man, AR is shipping lemons at this point.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I can back up lulz_m3 on this, I bought the AR DP's for my 535i and paid to have a certified tech try and put them on and after several hours there were not 1 not 2 but 3 separate issues with proper fitment where it could have been made to work but the reliability and longevity to my car and the downpipes would have been in question. I was extremely unsatisfied returned them to AR, but was out of pocket to my shop for a failed install..... I would say go with the Dr. Euro's I know I will be soon enough, AR wont see a dime of my money again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

Very sorry to hear of those AR headaches. We stopped carrying their pipes maybe a year ago for business reasons but never had any reports of quality or fitment issues except in issues where things were misboxed (e.g. 535 labeled as 335xi, and that sort of thing).
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Terry- you are one of many who have stopped selling AR's products for one business reason or another, but one can only speculate that outrageous prices, so-so products along with poor service from the manufacturer had something to do with your decisions. It seems that the competition is catching up to AR and that selling Dr. Euro's stuff is likely to drive more business your way simply due to cost differences if nothing else.

My hesitations with purchasing Dr. Euro pipes were around fitment since they were still in development and I wanted to be sure that they would work, but I can honestly say that I would not have been as upset if the same situation that happened with ARs occurred with Dr. Euros since they were available for $650 at the time I was looking to purchase them. Paying BMW prices for Kia quality is simply ridiculous and if I could do it over, I would have taken a chance on Dr. Euro's pipes. AR will never see another dime from me either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looking at the pics, I can see these taking market share from AR. Competition is good!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Someone want to catch me up to speed on Dr. Euro?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not sure these will fit xi's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Someone want to catch me up to speed on Dr. Euro?
    These Dr. Euro DP suppose to be better fitment than AR Downpipes (535i) and cost couple hundred less. Dr. Euro dyno number was posted on this forum somewhere. We still haven't see AR 535i dyno numbers yet.... Currently these are the only two companies make DPs for the 535i.

Install time for Dr. Euro = 3 hours +-
    Install time for AR design = 5-8 hours +-
    08 535i 6MT - JB4 G5 ISO - Luke performance flash - E40 & BMS 100% Meth - AR design catless DP - ETS 5" intercooler - BMS DCI - BMS OCC - ER chargepipe - HKS BOV - K-sport coilovers - UUC evo SSK - CDV deleted - ACS spoiler - Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TLO03 Click here to enlarge
    Not sure these will fit xi's
    No they will not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Andrew from AR told him to have the shop take the downpipes back off and remove the welded on AR logo... That doesnt sound like standing behind your product to me. You pay a small fortune for AR pipes for two reasons 1) Spectacular Fitment 2) Impeccable quality. The fact that a shop with such a high reputation, that charges a premium for guaranteed fitment would not offer to resolve the issue other than saying "no big deal, just take the downpipes back off and remove the AR label we welded in the wrong spot" is terrible.

Also, fwiw, 535 downpipe install is SIGNIFICANTLY more difficult than a 335. The labor costs for installation and removal x2 will probably add up to the price payed for the downpipes.
    That is a complete mis-representation of what happened. Interestingly enough, it came up in a thread promoting someone elses product.

We offered to either (a) replace the downpipes with new ones and or repair his set, or (b), we told him to remove the tag. We had a batch of these go out with the tags in the wrong spot, and are more than happy to repair/replace any parts having issues under warranty. He ended up opting for (b), and we worked with him to help out on the labor.
    Click here to enlarge
    sales@ardesign.info | tel. 303.351.3515| www.ardesign.info
    Powering some of the world's fastest BMWs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hkninja Click here to enlarge
    No they will not.
    For what its worth, ours are XI compatible.
    Click here to enlarge
    sales@ardesign.info | tel. 303.351.3515| www.ardesign.info
    Powering some of the world's fastest BMWs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No they will not.
    Yeah I knew that just trying to be nice about it..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

No they will not.
    Yes looks like you are both correct. RWD only.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

These Dr. Euro DP suppose to be better fitment than AR Downpipes (535i) and cost couple hundred less. Dr. Euro dyno number was posted on this forum somewhere. We still haven't see AR 535i dyno numbers yet.... Currently these are the only two companies make DPs for the 535i.

Install time for Dr. Euro = 3 hours +-
    Install time for AR design = 5-8 hours +-
    Why the difference in install time? Fitment?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why the difference in install time? Fitment?
    If we had side by side pics youd see AR's have more bends allowing for the dual fitment I suppose .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast