Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    Bimmersport? Really?
    Yes really. They have installed tons of our supercharger kits without issue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    Can't speak to the supercharger install work but FWIW They've done a horrible job a couple times on some local N54s a couple years back. To my knowledge one of those guys that worked there on these cars either left to open his own shop somewhere or got fired but they did screw up pretty bad so its great they left. May have been a bad apple. Everyone makes mistakes at the end of the day, no shop is perfect in every way every day of the year. As long as they own up to their mistakes and take care of the customer in the end is all that matters.
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 06-07-2013 at 11:29 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    Can't speak to the supercharger install work but FWIW They've done a horrible job a couple times on some local N54s a couple years back. To my knowledge one of those guys that worked there on these cars either left to open his own shop somewhere or got fired but they did screw up pretty bad so its great they left. May have been a bad apple. Everyone makes mistakes at the end of the day, no shop is perfect in every way every day of the year. As long as they own up to their mistakes and take care of the customer in the end is all that matters.

Its possible. I can only speak about my last 2 years working with them. They have done about 30 sc installs for us without an issue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    From my take on the shop, I think there is a segregation of who is performing the work. They are a collision shop first that does some high end bmw work. For the IND supercharger installs and the turbo swaps (as far as I know, the guys doing N54 now are new to them with my install and another), they have very good mechanics. I think the body work and other minor mechanical items could go to the b team, if time is an issue or it’s not high profile. They can make a good chunk of change on those installs and use the right guys. For the other low profit margin areas, say ones running through insurance, you might not get the same guys working on it.

I have seen the superchargers lined up there waiting to get worked on and there is definitely a wait to get in.
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    I don't know where you get this info of "no issues" but you are very wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Not going to argue with you... Did you have an active part installed with them? if not my response is valid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I sent you a pm about my shop, both techs are certified bmw/mini techs.
    135i M
    804awhp Evo 8- sold
    Supra - Sold

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Any places in san antonio?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Not going to argue with you... Did you have an active part installed with them? if not my response is valid.
    More then just that, and I will not go in anymore detail then that!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

More then just that, and I will not go in anymore detail then that!
    Alright.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

I know @rick@defiv does this sort of thing. East Coast, PA (Doylestown)
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Prime Motoring
    411 Railroad Ave Suite 1, East Rutherford, NJ
    201-935-2910

They did my turbo install did a great job on my car, and will have them perform future work on my brothers future 135i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What supercharger kit was installed with an issue???

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

This thread just shows me there are a ton of installers... wow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This thread just shows me there are a ton of installers... wow.
    Hey I made it to the certified list so im not complaining Click here to enlarge

I work for Plandome Service (aka Fitzpatrick Bros), its a small shop but between our techs on staff we have over 50years experience, as well as every dealer brand scantool they make. I handle most of the euro work there (bmw porsche benz, some vw/audi), and I personally handled @ChuckD05 car after this whole fiasco. I was in touch with Tony during the entire ordeal and yes things did get heated at times but its water under the bridge. Car actually fired up tonight, got some small issues to take care of before the day ends tomorrow but for the most part its alive once again.

Ive worked at so many shops in the past I can relate to Tony. Ive seen it all, and then there are still days i get tasked with fixing other shops work and seeing the damage baffles me. We all have our off days and yes there are some cars that kicked my ass pretty good but at the end of the day the install was done right/repair was made and the customer was happy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    Hey I made it to the certified list so im not complaining Click here to enlarge

I work for Plandome Service (aka Fitzpatrick Bros), its a small shop but between our techs on staff we have over 50years experience, as well as every dealer brand scantool they make. I handle most of the euro work there (bmw porsche benz, some vw/audi), and I personally handled @ChuckD05 car after this whole fiasco. I was in touch with Tony during the entire ordeal and yes things did get heated at times but its water under the bridge. Car actually fired up tonight, got some small issues to take care of before the day ends tomorrow but for the most part its alive once again.

Ive worked at so many shops in the past I can relate to Tony. Ive seen it all, and then there are still days i get tasked with fixing other shops work and seeing the damage baffles me. We all have our off days and yes there are some cars that kicked my ass pretty good but at the end of the day the install was done right/repair was made and the customer was happy.
    We all know you do good work man no need to explain. Things get heated on the forums all the time it should be treated as water under the bridge.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Matt @itsbrokenagain has went above and beyond what he has had to do the entire time hes had my car.. how about a 6 hour trip to and from NJ to pick up a part I needed in the rain, by his own choice to do so to help get my car done? I'd recommend using him for any work needed if you are in the area.. He has been awesome through this whole ordeal
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Here is where we are at now. I have contacted a lot of people you guys suggested who are not on there as well.

West Coast:
    LTMW (So Cal)
    VTT (Nor Cal)

East coast:
    Vac Motorsports (PA)
    Plandome Service (NY)
    RRT Racing (VA)

South:
    Advanced BMW Repair (Texas, Houston area)
    Treehouse racing (Nashville) Is Nashville considered south or Mid West?

MidWest:
    Fluid MotorUnion (IL, Chicago area)
    Turnin concepts ( Cinci, OH)

Southeast:
    Eurowerks (FL)

Canada:
    PTF / Columbus Automotive Services (Ontario)
    Turning into a hell of a list.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Turning into a hell of a list.
    Except that the only one from Houston is also the most expensive! :p

But I can vouch for Alex at Advanced BMW Repair, he does good work.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

What's the average quoted hours for a turbo install? Last quote I received was 20 hrs..... seems high. I may just forget the warranty and install them myself for that price.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Except that the only one from Houston is also the most expensive! :p

But I can vouch for Alex at Advanced BMW Repair, he does good work.
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

My REPLACEMENT motor has been installed and has a fn BENT CRANK.... If anyone knows of a short block that is working order PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD lmk...

seller is crying 30 day warranty and it took longer than that to get this engine in...

the seller has 2800 feedback score but i dealt directly through his business so I can fight through credit card company too but hope is far from lost on a refund or replacement but he is being a little stiff right now.... but HOLY FUK someone help me out if you know of a cheap block or motor....

Click here to enlarge not sure why my luck is so bad Click here to enlarge
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Ok wait I'm trying to understand they do all the IND stuff? Is this IND's autobody arm? Because all of IND's care are freaking perfect down to the smallest detail.
    Correct, iND/A&L are the same pretty much. Now they have different buildings where as before they were all stuffed into 1 building. I've had one issue but Anthony took care of me and I've returned multiple times and wont bring my car anywhere else.
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast