Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Thanks for all the suggestions. We are moving right along...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What do you think about Cobb Tuning in Plano,TX ?
    09 135i. Auto. BMS intake. CPE catless downpipes. HPF intercooler. BMS ww meth kit. BMS JB4/G5.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Aramsey80 Click here to enlarge
    What do you think about Cobb Tuning in Plano,TX ?
    Spoke with Josh at Cobb, we may be picking up Cobb Texas, So Cal, and Oregon

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I feel what you are saying man, there are people who are probably able to do this install at home and have it go ok, and we may be willing to make exceptions if they can show us they have the tools, knowledge, and experience to do so. But after what happened with chuck, it makes sense for both us and the customer to have the installs done by a shop that has what it takes to get it done right the first time. While swapping N54 turbos isn't the hardest job I have ever done, the first time you do it, its a tough job, very tough actually, trying to do this for the first time at home in your garage is a disaster waiting to happen in our opinion and we would rather have out customers know they are gonna take it somewhere who will do it right and stand behind it.
    I completely understand where you are coming from. One of the greatest aspects of wisdom is knowing before you get in over your head. Some people are too proud or stupid to stop themselves before the are. However, I am glad you would be willing to talk about making exceptions. I've done crazier $#@! than swap a set of turbos in my garage. I would rebuild my stockers myself if I could balance them properly.

I am still looking at getting a set of turbos, by the way. Due diligence just calls for me to measure the axial play in my stock set first. Hopefully that will take place Sunday. Don't want you to think I picked your brain and lied about being a serious buyer.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Martin's German Service, Inc.
    3704 Brambleton Avenue, S.W.
    Roanoke, Virginia 24018
    (540) 366-1626

Benn @ Martin's installed my VTT stage 2s and did an AWESOME job.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

AutoCouture Motoring is a obvious choice. They have a bmw master tech on staff and do all the work on my 335. They are very qualified and only 20 min from NYC in the heart of Northern NJ. Accessable by NJ transit train as well.

Im in the market to buy stg 2's also...
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

You probably don't care, but you just lost a potential customer. I don't pay people to do work that i am able to do and I certainly wouldn't buy a product that is only warrantied if its installed by the vendor.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    You probably don't care, but you just lost a potential customer. I don't pay people to do work that i am able to do and I certainly wouldn't buy a product that is only warrantied if its installed by the vendor.
    I like your style, but Tony explicitly said he would honor warranties for customer installed turbos in certain situations. The criteria for such situations should be publicly available, in my opinion.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Wait... so if I install VTT turbos myself (done numerous turbo jobs on the N54 with my friend) I won't have a warranty? You do realize all shops (including the ones on your list) $#@! up, right? I was looking at stage 3's down the road when this car is out of daily driver duty.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Guess you didn't read the entire thread, We will honor customer done installs under special circumstances, ie they have a lot of experience and have a good shop at home, quality tools, etc. But in our opinion someone who dabbles on their car sometimes, changing oil, spark plugs etc, and wants to put on their own turbos to save some money, that is exactly the cause of most bad installs. If these things were easy to put on, we wouldn't even be bothering with this, but we have a full shop and these still aren't a walk in the park. If you want to buy else where that is your choice. But after what happened with chuck, its better to be safe then sorry.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Wait... so if I install VTT turbos myself (done numerous turbo jobs on the N54 with my friend) I won't have a warranty? You do realize all shops (including the ones on your list) $#@! up, right? I was looking at stage 3's down the road when this car is out of daily driver duty.
    ANNND another guy who doesn't read the thread. Sure all shops $#@! up, but having a shop with proper tools, and experienced techs cuts down on the types of installer error that would take out turbos. If you want to install them yourself, give me a call and we can discuss, I have said twice now, its not 100% but this will cut down on the shade tree guy up the road charging people $500 to install turbos and making a mess of things.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    ANNND another guy who doesn't read the thread. Sure all shops $#@! up, but having a shop with proper tools, and experienced techs cuts down on the types of installer error that would take out turbos. If you want to install them yourself, give me a call and we can discuss, I have said twice now, its not 100% but this will cut down on the shade tree guy up the road charging people $500 to install turbos and making a mess of things.
    Actually, it's pretty damn obvious what's installer error and what isn't.

When Chuck's turbos were disassembled by his installer, that was completely installer error and in such instances should be treated with discretion. However, when the seal pops or the wastegate actuator breaks (rare instances) that wouldn't be installer error. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize what's installer error and what's a failed part.

Shouldn't be penalizing people for installing turbos on jackstands when they are perfectly competent.

I understand that this isn't set in stone, but I don't see any positive in this, especially from a customer goodwill standpoint.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

This is another shady idea in general but since I am a nice guy I will help out...

PSI in Orlando (Obviously) They've done HPF kits, G-Power kits and all types of superchargers.

and

AMS in Chicago

If there is anyone I'd trust, it would be those two shops.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Easy guys. I for one would prefer to install my own turbos, but I can understand Tony's point of view as well seeing as he wants to deliver the best experience possible to his customers, and if the turbos are installed by someone who shouldn't be installing turbos, things aren't going to go well.

Have the turbos installed by a shop that is on this list will ensure the most people walk away happy. In the rare instance a customer with the skills and facilities to install the turbos wants to do the install, that will be handled on a case by case basis.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Actually, it's pretty damn obvious what's installer error and what isn't.

When Chuck's turbos were disassembled by his installer, that was completely installer error and in such instances should be treated with discretion. However, when the seal pops or the wastegate actuator breaks (rare instances) that wouldn't be installer error. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize what's installer error and what's a failed part.

Shouldn't be penalizing people for installing turbos on jackstands when they are perfectly competent.

I understand that this isn't set in stone, but I don't see any positive in this, especially from a customer goodwill standpoint.
    If you cant see any positive to having people have their turbos installed by reputable shops then I do not know what to tell you. Great you have installed a couple sets of turbos, I have installed prob 5000+ turbos in my life, not to mention repaired many more, I have seen ALL kinds of installer errors, from leaving plugs in feed lines / drain lines, Not getting a gasket on right and it getting sucked into the inlet, dropping a nut or bolt in the inlet and not knowing it, doing the same but in the manifold / turbine housing, not checking oil feeds for blockage (that one will look exactly like seal failure upon tear down). THE LIST GOES ON AND ON AND ON, and you know what, sometimes you can discern installer error and sometimes you cant, shows you really are not that experienced if you think its always night and day between one and the other. We are going to put together a very nice network of installers and if someone has the ability to put them on themselves we will talk to them and they can do so knowing the risk if they botch it its on them. I am working out with the installers a system that if installer error is the cause of turbo failure the responsibility does not fall on the customer, if you do not see that as a positive then you are not looking very hard. If you botch an install you going to give the guy 3 grand to buy a new set of turbos? Look at chuck, he chose to go the side job route, now he is buying a new set of turbos and a new MOTOR! Its clearly not set in stone and most people know their limits and their capabilities, but for the ones on the edge thinking, well I can prob do that in my garage with some help from harbor freight, or m y buddy has done some work on his car, Ill buy him a 12 pack and he can do it. This will prob change their mind. Go have a beer or something man, you need to relax

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    Easy guys. I for one would prefer to install my own turbos, but I can understand Tony's point of view as well seeing as he wants to deliver the best experience possible to his customers, and if the turbos are installed by someone who shouldn't be installing turbos, things aren't going to go well.

Have the turbos installed by a shop that is on this list will ensure the most people walk away happy. In the rare instance a customer with the skills and facilities to install the turbos wants to do the install, that will be handled on a case by case basis.
    Don't worry about it, people just want to find something to $#@! about. If people think I am doing this for any other reason then to avoid seeing what happened to chuck happen again they are wrong. Not to mention this is a great way for people to recommend good shops and see them get the extra business. Call it the BimmerBoost Yelp...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

As far as NY goes here are my suggestions

MNC Performance
    3572 Lawson Blvd
    Oceanside, NY 11572
    516-764-4662

and

VOS Motorsports
    2 Heitz Pl Suite 7
    Hicksville, NY 11801
    516-597-5131

Both shops have master BMW techs on hand and they are more than capable of performing turbo installs
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ttbmer Click here to enlarge
    CARS (complete automotive repair services)
    6280 S Valley View Blvd Bldg G, Ste 740
    Las Vegas‎ NV‎ 89118
    United States
    http://carsnv.com/
    tel: (702) 823-2277

this people is honest and they are reputable Well known in town. They did all my 335i upgrades M3 suspension work, wishbones, tension rods, subframe bushings, quife Dif. I also seen them do supercharges and upgradeed turbo kits installations.

Hope you saw this one ^^^

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Contact John @ Ces, THey have installed some RB setups and would be a good shop to cert as they know their way around an N54/55 well now.
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |
    | Nick G custom tune | 46mm Precision gate | 62# injectors | Dual 255's |

Goal to be the first GT35r E36 to: 30 psi, 140+ mph, < 6 second 60-130

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

If VTT is willing to work with individuals I don't see an issue here. I've personally bought/sold several things including electronics and in car entertainment systems that specifically state that the warranty is only valid if installed by a shop specializing in that area and proof of install required. Hopefully not too many here but there are too many shady ass people out there that will try to get things covered for free. Maybe not a fair comparison as BMW but rapes us on any chance they can but look how many people unmod their cars any time they have an issue to get a new set of turbo's or HPFP knowing they were beating the crap out of them.
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Precision-Sport Industries (PSI) in Orlando.

They did my single turbo install.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

if you're after INTL ones as well:

Queensland, Australia, Brisbane:
    http://www.bpsautos.com.au/

they've built a good number of bottom ends on their shop N54's for racing

New South Wales, Australia... Advan too in sydney, N54 all day errday. probably the best workshop in the whole country N54 wise.
    http://advanperformanceeuro.com.au/index.php

Victoria Australia:
    http://southernbm.com.au/

southernBM are amazing as well.. nothing but good news.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Don't forget Lutz performance in tampa and bimmer sport in ontario Canada.

Turner in boston - imola motorsports.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    Precision-Sport Industries (PSI) in Orlando.

They did my single turbo install.
    Plus one

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    Don't forget Lutz performance in tampa and bimmer sport in ontario Canada.

Turner in boston - imola motorsports.
    Mad love for Lutz.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast