Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 85
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    560
    Rep Points
    1,211.7
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    I like boobies.
    I like guest vendors who post often but don't care.

    EDIT: I like my tuners to know the difference between Alpha-N (for you old-farts like me - SPEED DENSITY should ring a bell) and MAF scaled tuning adjustments. But hey, that is just me Click here to enlarge.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,157
    Rep Points
    -12.0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    fun read

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,482
    Rep Points
    -0.9
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    The economy must not be improving lol

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,669
    Rep Points
    31,505.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by evacheung Click here to enlarge
    I will also add that when I was researching tunes for my M3, I came across all the BS from Mike Benvo. Did more digging and decided I am not going to give my business to someone like him, unlike all the sheeple on M3Post.

    In honor of that, for my first post on these awesome forums, I'd like to provide the following PDF of the thread that dear Mr. Benvo has ninja-deleted, thanks to Google Cache!

    Carry on, gents.
    That's a doozie to start with...

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,669
    Rep Points
    31,505.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    1. Did you start a thread about Alpha-N versus MAF based scalar tuning or not - 6 or 300 years ago on e46fanatics?

    2. Did you or did you not ask the mods at E46Fanatics to remove your inquiry thread on or about 11:00 am PST today?
    So because you referenced that thread it's now gone? Heh.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,669
    Rep Points
    31,505.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    I like guest vendors who post often but don't care.

    EDIT: I like my tuners to know the difference between Alpha-N (for you old-farts like me - SPEED DENSITY should ring a bell) and MAF scaled tuning adjustments. But hey, that is just me Click here to enlarge.
    If I start flashing software all of a sudden I'm a tuner?

  7. #57
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    73
    Rep Points
    84.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    scary since the m3 e9x is run on alpha-n. 2 years ago he did not know what it was and now he is the expert tuner. Yikes

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If I start flashing software all of a sudden I'm a tuner?
    you? yea, id say so. noone can prove you wrong, so why not.. just like other companiess

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    seems benvo is up to his dirty tricks again..

    did anyone know he attempted to charge me $800 to do euro mdm, turn signal delete, and dvd-in-motion? seems like a good price right? lol..


    oddly, all of that took about 2 hours of his time while "coding" (aka reading my ecu out..) just the amount of time required it takes to read an ecu for flashing.. interesting isnt it...

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    594
    Rep Points
    47.5
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    this is so gay

  11. #61
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    32
    Rep Points
    56.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    seems benvo is up to his dirty tricks again..

    did anyone know he attempted to charge me $800 to do euro mdm, turn signal delete, and dvd-in-motion? seems like a good price right? lol..


    oddly, all of that took about 2 hours of his time while "coding" (aka reading my ecu out..) just the amount of time required it takes to read an ecu for flashing.. interesting isnt it...

    I had that done for $60 by Alex. Must be a nice gravy train right now.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SYZ Click here to enlarge
    I had that done for $60 by Alex. Must be a nice gravy train right now.
    i thought the $350 i did pay was a deal!

    so, i just thought of something.. If thats where the tunes came from, my car, then i paid for services, does that make me BPM customer #1 , LOL!

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,198
    Rep Points
    1,800.2
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    If thats where the tunes came from, my car, then i paid for services, does that make me BPM customer #1 , LOL!
    BPM Customer & Evolve Resale Victim #1
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    15
    Rep Points
    43.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    seems benvo is up to his dirty tricks again..

    did anyone know he attempted to charge me $800 to do euro mdm, turn signal delete, and dvd-in-motion? seems like a good price right? lol..


    oddly, all of that took about 2 hours of his time while "coding" (aka reading my ecu out..) just the amount of time required it takes to read an ecu for flashing.. interesting isnt it...
    Again? When did he stop?

  15. #65
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Points
    2,149.8
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i thought the $350 i did pay was a deal!

    so, i just thought of something.. If thats where the tunes came from, my car, then i paid for services, does that make me BPM customer #1 , LOL!
    Holy $#@!, we have a guy down here in Houston that charges $50 for "unlimited" coding. As in, if your $#@! gets erased by the dealer, he'll redo it for free. I think he charges a little extra on top for DVD in motion, but that's only like $15-20 bucks more.

    You sir got hosed.



    This Benvo guy seems like quite the character. I, too, would like to know what his qualifications as a tuner are.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

    2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    560
    Rep Points
    1,211.7
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    This Benvo guy seems like quite the character. I, too, would like to know what his qualifications as a tuner are.
    Every tuner I would spend my money with knew what the difference between Alpha-N and MAF were a few years back - unlike Mr. Benvo. I doubt those tuners needed a shady ninja edit/delete to hide their true lack of "tuning" experience.

    For the old e46fanatics gang prior to the HPF invasion - this guy was the epitome of why BMW owners get a bad rap. Look up some of his old doozies with the boosted 330 and E60 M5 (circa 2006-2010)- although they are likely deleted as well.

    I would be shocked if anyone who remembered this dingleberry would pay for his services today - no matter how much he changed his tune.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    819
    Rep Points
    759.6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If I start flashing software all of a sudden I'm a tuner?
    Yes. And if you can change engine oil, you are a tech.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,369
    Rep Points
    794.0
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    5 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    LOL, It is always Sticky's fault.
    I get a neg rep today from a post in June? Obviously someone can not take a joke.
    Click here to enlarge

    I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,669
    Rep Points
    31,505.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    I get a neg rep today from a post in June? Obviously someone can not take a joke.
    It may be the notifications system with some backed up crap flowing through. The system was recently fixed.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,857
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    I get a neg rep today from a post in June? Obviously someone can not take a joke.
    Just gave you rep..... IMO neg rep should really only be used when someone is completely out of line...not if someone differs from your opinion
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,669
    Rep Points
    31,505.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Just gave you rep..... IMO neg rep should really only be used when someone is completely out of line...not if someone differs from your opinion
    That's exactly how it should be.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Louisville ky
    Posts
    716
    Rep Points
    551.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    So thread is stupid lol this drama could and should have been handled behind behind doors not in someone else's thread, I don't blame sticky for moving it to its own thread.

    Lets get back to discussing important things like this

    http://theworstdrug.com/25
    Nws
    Click here to enlarge
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    e46-m3-ripClick here to enlarge
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current
    http://theworstdrug.com/25

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    or not

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    83
    Rep Points
    124.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Just saw this gem of a thread... dear lord what a cluster f@ck.

    How on earth can BPM stay in business with all this crap? One google search by any new potential customer and they'll be terrified to be dragged into sh!t like this. Next thing you know your emails will be posted to forums and websites with your name, etc...

    I wonder if they will be any legal ramification from all that alleged tune stealing and re-branding (selling)?
    991 C2S | Fabspeed Sport Headers with 200 Cell High Flow Cats | Sharkwerks Free Flow Exhaust | FVD Brombacher Muffler Bypass X-Pipe | KW H.A.S. | BBS CH-R's Matte Titanium | RSS Spacers (7mm) | Michelin Pilot Sport Cup

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Team Plutonium Click here to enlarge
    Just saw this gem of a thread... dear lord what a cluster f@ck.

    How on earth can BPM stay in business with all this crap? One google search by any new potential customer and they'll be terrified to be dragged into sh!t like this. Next thing you know your emails will be posted to forums and websites with your name, etc...

    I wonder if they will be any legal ramification from all that alleged tune stealing and re-branding (selling)?
    crazy what one person not afraid to confront/call out people can do huh..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •