Close

Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    753
    Rep Points
    1,225.4
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    F10 M5 vs CLS63 TT Perf Pack

    Some good vids/matchups from Dragtimes Baku

    09' M3 AA Gen 2 Level 2 S/C
    03' Viper Roadster- FBO
    10' X5M
    09' Cayenne GTS
    11' Jaguar XFR
    08' CLS63 AMG
    08' EVO X GSR- FBO
    13' F10 550i M Sport

    Past:
    07' C6 Z06
    11' M3 Comp DCT
    10' C63 AMG
    10' SVT Raptor 6.2
    12' BOSS 302
    11' E92 335i
    09' C63 AMG -
    01' C5 Z06- White, FBO+Cam
    11' E92 335is- Sapp Blk
    08' E82 135i- Sapphire Blk
    10' Audi S5 6-Speed
    04' SVT Lightning
    08' E90 335i 6-Speed- Blk
    08' C63 AMG- Blk
    09' CTS-V Sedan- Blk Raven
    06' E60 M5 SMG
    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,677
    Rep Points
    3,327.5
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Great runs!
    Click here to enlarge

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,157
    Rep Points
    -9.0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Very Naice

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,743
    Rep Points
    31,549.8
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No

    F10 M5 with AMS downpipes versus a CLS63 AMG bi-turbo with Performance Package from a stop and roll

    Great runs here between two motors we are going to see going head to head for some time to come, the S63TU V8 and the M157 V8. Both are twin turbo, both are direct injected, and both are V8's positioned against each other in each respective manufacturers lineups. The CLS63 AMG is stock with the Performance Package and the F10 M5 has downpipes. From a stop, the cars are quite close surprisingly basically going neck and neck when launch control is used.

    From a roll it is close as well with the M5 edging out just a bit in the lower gears likely due to the DCT but up top the Benz slowly starts to reel it in. It's a close run and these cars are very evenly matched. Enjoy the video below.

    Click here to enlarge


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,618
    Rep Points
    1,904.6
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    20


    Reputation: Yes | No
    What year was the CLS63? The new ones have awd...right?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,743
    Rep Points
    31,549.8
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    What year was the CLS63? The new ones have awd...right?
    As an option but this isn't the newest one.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    298
    Rep Points
    272.3
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Having downpipes without a form of engine tuning is something you very rarely see. Some cars don't even run ok with just downpipes, with boost overshoots, etc. I think the M5 is tuned.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,743
    Rep Points
    31,549.8
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cstavaru Click here to enlarge
    Having downpipes without a form of engine tuning is something you very rarely see. Some cars don't even run ok with just downpipes, with boost overshoots, etc. I think the M5 is tuned.
    It is what it is who knows if its true

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    979
    Rep Points
    2,200.8
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Reputation: Yes | No
    We are putting dps no tune on one next week so ill let you know the increase. Stock was 496 and 486 tq mustang dyno.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Let's see what the tunes on the F10 do for it. I think on a roll, the CLS63 would run away top end. The liter displacement advantage is just too much for the BMW... but we'll see, atm the Renntech CLS63 would run away from any F10.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,677
    Rep Points
    3,327.5
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Love the S63tu

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,743
    Rep Points
    31,549.8
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Let's see what the tunes on the F10 do for it. I think on a roll, the CLS63 would run away top end. The liter displacement advantage is just too much for the BMW... but we'll see, atm the Renntech CLS63 would run away from any F10.
    The M157 is making much more power right now. The S63 is going to need turbo upgrades which the M157 is already getting.

    It definitely has an advantage with raw power at the moment and that extra 1.1 liters helps.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    641
    Rep Points
    720.8
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Honestly didn't think the benz would walk it. With DP's on the M5 I would have thought different. I agree the benz has much bigger engine to start with which will hurt BMW esp once in the modding phase.
    Lets not forget the PP is Benz's tuned version of this engine.
    ///M5 LCI
    "It's like the F10 is the 911 Turbo to the E60's GT3" -Pistonheads (M5 feature)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,743
    Rep Points
    31,549.8
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5soko Click here to enlarge
    Honestly didn't think the benz would walk it. With DP's on the M5 I would have thought different. I agree the benz has much bigger engine to start with which will hurt BMW esp once in the modding phase.
    Lets not forget the PP is Benz's tuned version of this engine.
    BMW's turbo setup is more efficient though so that helps. But ultimately the displacement rules and the Benz motor is proving easier to tune earlier on.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    S.FL.
    Posts
    149
    Rep Points
    244.7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    BMW's turbo setup is more efficient though so that helps. But ultimately the displacement rules and the Benz motor is proving easier to tune earlier on.
    Yea, all the Renntech cars are getting faster every time they retune. My friends E63 is at 680whp now. Not sure what else he has. He just got back his Alpha9 GTR so the Benz has been put up.
    WORLD's QUICKEST AND FASTEST E55 AMG

    10.25 @ 138mph w/ 1.63 60ft.

    Custom Twin Turbo conversion built by Rage-Tek

    ALL VIDS HERE
    http://m.youtube.com/user/redbulljnky

    Instagram @redbulljnky_eurorage

    Click here to enlarge

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,743
    Rep Points
    31,549.8
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RedBullJnky Click here to enlarge
    Yea, all the Renntech cars are getting faster every time they retune. My friends E63 is at 680whp now. Not sure what else he has. He just got back his Alpha9 GTR so the Benz has been put up.
    The M157 is awesome just waiting until the four figure numbers.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •