Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 76 to 100 of 100
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,921
    Rep Points
    3,973.5
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    All you are doing is dividing the community. Maybe you could do something like grow up, swallow your pride, and do what is BEST for the community and vendors instead of alienating them? Learning how to let things go? You know, the adult thing?
    If LM would stop bashing me continually to stir up drama and entertain himself his name would never even cross my mind, the guy is bored. If everyone cant see that I guess they should. If he would go back to just being cool everything would be fine. This guy got his car tuned the way he wanted and is getting great results. More power to him, despite what people think, after our stage 2 list filled up, I pointed numerous people to RB's and told them you cant go wrong just don't run them into the ground. What do I get for this? I get people like LM, and others saying our stage 2's are not even close, etc etc. We finally have a real world test with 2 pretty evenly matched cars and they perform nearly identical and people still want to bash. Well batch 2 will be announced soon and the announcement should keep most people happy as we continue to make changes and to progress the platform.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,540
    Rep Points
    1,746.0
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    If LM would stop bashing me continually to stir up drama and entertain himself his name would never even cross my mind, the guy is bored. If everyone cant see that I guess they should. If he would go back to just being cool everything would be fine. This guy got his car tuned the way he wanted and is getting great results. More power to him, despite what people think, after our stage 2 list filled up, I pointed numerous people to RB's and told them you cant go wrong just don't run them into the ground. What do I get for this? I get people like LM, and others saying our stage 2's are not even close, etc etc. We finally have a real world test with 2 pretty evenly matched cars and they perform nearly identical and people still want to bash. Well batch 2 will be announced soon and the announcement should keep most people happy as we continue to make changes and to progress the platform.

    Can't you just block him so you don't see his posts? Then you can just ignore him? I think the only time you would see his post is if someone quoted him.

    By responding I think you are just feeding the fire...

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,921
    Rep Points
    3,973.5
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Can't you just block him so you don't see his posts? Then you can just ignore him? I think the only time you would see his post is if someone quoted him.

    By responding I think you are just feeding the fire...
    I wish you could block, you can block their signature. Which it has been for months. If you can block people sticky will have to let me know. All I know you can do is block them from your thread if you start it.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    If LM would stop bashing me continually to stir up drama and entertain himself his name would never even cross my mind, the guy is bored. If everyone cant see that I guess they should. If he would go back to just being cool everything would be fine. This guy got his car tuned the way he wanted and is getting great results. More power to him, despite what people think, after our stage 2 list filled up, I pointed numerous people to RB's and told them you cant go wrong just don't run them into the ground. What do I get for this? I get people like LM, and others saying our stage 2's are not even close, etc etc. We finally have a real world test with 2 pretty evenly matched cars and they perform nearly identical and people still want to bash. Well batch 2 will be announced soon and the announcement should keep most people happy as we continue to make changes and to progress the platform.
    He ran RB's so he defends RB's to the death. He ran a JB and defends it to the death. It's just time to move on.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Then you can just ignore him? I think the only time you would see his post is if someone quoted him.
    Actually I made it so ignored users who are quoted are not shown so they are COMPLETELY ignored.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I wish you could block, you can block their signature. Which it has been for months. If you can block people sticky will have to let me know. All I know you can do is block them from your thread if you start it.
    No you can put someone on your ignore list. I'll likely make it so that if someone is on your ignore list they can not even post in your threads.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,540
    Rep Points
    1,746.0
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Yes Reputation No
    Hmm usually on forums if someone is on your ignore list you can't even see that they made a post or a thread. Least that is what I am used to.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Hmm usually on forums if someone is on your ignore list you can't even see that they made a post or a thread. Least that is what I am used to.
    Vbulletin by default makes it say "this post is ignored click to view" which is annoying.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,921
    Rep Points
    3,973.5
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No you can put someone on your ignore list. I'll likely make it so that if someone is on your ignore list they can not even post in your threads.
    Why the EFF am I just figuring this out now! I would have ignored 3-4 people long ago. Im on it! 3 added. God that makes the forum a much more enjoyable place.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,540
    Rep Points
    1,746.0
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Vbulletin by default makes it say "this post is ignored click to view" which is annoying.
    I would probably click view every time. But that is just me.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    194
    Rep Points
    575.1
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Great numbers bro. Good that you included a log with that.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by amclint Click here to enlarge
    @trickcruiser
    Awesome setup, if the car is running well and you're happy, that's what matters.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
    Great job with the car, posting the logs and dyno results!!
    You will love the Vbox..!!!
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    Impressive results, RB turbos FTW!Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G.I.Joe Click here to enlarge
    @trickcruiser Very nice results. You really gotta love those RBs @ 21 psi, I know I do Click here to enlarge
    Will look forward to your Vbox times as well. When you get one, please share those times as well. I would love to compare our times.
    I have given up on trying to compare US and EU whp numbers, so all I can say that on my last dyno session I put down 525 rwhp, and on the same dyno the same day a stock E90 M3 put down 342 rwhp, and a stock Audi RS4 put down 340 awhp.

    Anyway, I think my Vbox verified 60-130 mph time of 7.55 sec speaks for itself as far as the real rwhp level. Car was/is full weight and I'm 250#, and tune by PTF/Dzenno (COBB). Not trying to get involved in any tuner war here, both Terry and Dzenno have tuned my car and both do and have done a great job so far IMHO.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    sweet numbers man!
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You cracked 500, solid.
    There we go, more 5XX dyno runs, less bickering. Repped.
    Thanks guys! If anyone knows of any deals on a VBOX please share. I am trying to decide on either this or a proper drag wheel/tire setup next.

    The car is a blast right now and I am very happy with it.
    If it matters at all, I run the car at 18.5lbs daily and it is more than enough for most occasions. It is nice to have the steering wheel controls to up the boost if needed though! Click here to enlarge

    Thanks again for the support
    Click here to enlarge
    JB4/MHD | Alpina | Level10 VB | RB EVOs | RPI Quad Exhaust | AR DP's
    100% E85 | Port Injection | Fuel-It Stg 3 | DIY FMIC | ER CP W/Synapse BOV
    Best ET: 10.9 | Best MPH 133.4
    Fuel by Fuel-it! - http://www.fuel-it.biz/

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,962
    Rep Points
    2,657.4
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by trickcruiser Click here to enlarge
    It is nice to have the steering wheel controls to up the boost if needed though! Click here to enlarge
    x10000

    and I also wouldn't run upgraded turbos at a MAX 17-18 psi , I see no point either... Stock at 20psi, replacements are under 1000 if you look around hard enough.. would be cheaper to replace them 2-3 times than run upgraded stock housings at 17psi .. especially if your OEM turbos are not blown.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    I would probably click view every time. But that is just me.
    I would have the same problem. It might lead to clicking on the red thumb.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    x10000

    and I also wouldn't run upgraded turbos at a MAX 17-18 psi , I see no point either... Stock at 20psi, replacements are under 1000 if you look around hard enough.. would be cheaper to replace them 2-3 times than run upgraded stock housings at 17psi .. especially if your OEM turbos are not blown.
    There's a problem with that argument though, up top stock turbos are tapped out, where the RBs will hold that much more to redline. Once you take a drive on those RBs you'll feel the difference, even at 17 psi.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,962
    Rep Points
    2,657.4
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    yea i know and agree but still to me imo if you dont have a kill mode map its not worth the marginal increase... ie, the times the cars ran in the chicago 1/2 mile event , tuned just like that and were 1 car faster than maxed stock turbo jb car... is that worth 4k+ ?
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,921
    Rep Points
    3,973.5
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    yea i know and agree but still to me imo if you dont have a kill mode map its not worth the marginal increase... ie, the times the cars ran in the chicago 1/2 mile event , tuned just like that and were 1 car faster than maxed stock turbo jb car... is that worth 4k+ ?
    I have to agree with this, not having at least some type of kill mode map in your back pocket seems kinda of silly. But I like to drive fast and I like to race to win, so thats prob that mentality. I can 100% respect people wanting a conservative tune and they are smart to keep their turbos away from the bleeding edge 24-7 but even with a Cobb you can have The PTF guys build you a kill mode map and only use it if the need arises. Either way, I like the direction the platform is moving. The emails and calls I get now are already much more intelligent then there were 6 months ago. Keep up the good work guys.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    194
    Rep Points
    575.1
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, Cobb needs some sort of (and perhaps they do) on the fly map swapping.

    As I stated earlier, I run 18.5psi daily and this keeps me entertained. I rarely hit an on ramp without going WOT so I know 20-21lbs daily would just be a TON of unnecessary wear and tear on the RB's.

    But you know as soon as I see a R8, Pcar, or just about anything else that looks to be in the mood for a run the boost gets dialed back up on the spot! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    JB4/MHD | Alpina | Level10 VB | RB EVOs | RPI Quad Exhaust | AR DP's
    100% E85 | Port Injection | Fuel-It Stg 3 | DIY FMIC | ER CP W/Synapse BOV
    Best ET: 10.9 | Best MPH 133.4
    Fuel by Fuel-it! - http://www.fuel-it.biz/

  18. #93
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Points
    2,896.3
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Yes Reputation No
    I both drink and drive with purpose, although not both at the same time.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago Burbs
    Posts
    1,814
    Rep Points
    1,066.8
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    yea i know and agree but still to me imo if you dont have a kill mode map its not worth the marginal increase... ie, the times the cars ran in the chicago 1/2 mile event , tuned just like that and were 1 car faster than maxed stock turbo jb car... is that worth 4k+ ?
    I mainly dont have a kill mode for longevity purposes, but also, I am on the stock fuel system and dont know if it could even handle me pushing more ethanol.
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    115
    Rep Points
    299.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I run mine on a "max reasonable/reliable" power map all the time, if I don't want full boost, I don't floor it... Even with 20-21 psi midrange and ~18.5-19 psi @ peak power, WGDC stays @ 30-45% (full throttle), and I've got 12k miles on the RBs now.

    Initially I bought the RBs mainly because my original turbos were shot and had really bad WG rattle, and I really thought I had all the power I needed..... Yes, really I did.... However, after having tried them @ "max power", I now want the max reliable power at hand at all times. And I floor my car many times every time I drive it. When, and if, the RBs wear out, I'll buy a new set, or probably a Vargas Stg. 3 kit, now that I'm getting their HPFP/rail upgrade installed anyway... Click here to enlarge

    Yes, I'm a power junkie...... Anyway, regardless of personal choice, I think the RBs are a great upgrade.
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Φhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Trueform Tech Intake System | Tial BOV | Motiv PI Stage 1 w/AIC | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    He ran RB's so he defends RB's to the death. He ran a JB and defends it to the death. It's just time to move on.
    Rb and JB dont need defending, their reputation is in the history books as setting the standard for N54 performance and synonymous with winning where it counts. They are also the reason there is an N54 section here, should probably be a little more grateful

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    1,121
    Rep Points
    2,386.6
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    2 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    This post by Rob@RBTurbo is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.



  23. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Rb and JB dont need defending, their reputation is in the history books as setting the standard for N54 performance and synonymous with winning where it counts. They are also the reason there is an N54 section here, should probably be a little more grateful
    I thought there was an N54 section here because I created it. I never saw Rob Beck doing any of the work? I'm to be grateful to him for what, trying to advertise here for free essentially using it instead of contributing?

    Ya, very grateful. And you sure spend a lot of time defending what doesn't need defending for some reason. Even attacking competitors baselessly.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    1,121
    Rep Points
    2,386.6
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Yes Reputation No
    I used to contribute. Then I got knocked back to one post per day. So this is another one post low contribition for the day.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    I used to contribute. Then I got knocked back to one post per day. So this is another one post low contribition for the day.
    It's not you, nobody has targeted you Rob. It's a general guest vendor rule in the N54 section that applies to everyone. EVERYONE.

    I don't know why some people think they are above the rules or that they deserve special treatment but there are definitely a few of them in the N54 scene. Hence the rule.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •